Topic Stats

• 4,565 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    50%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 32 votes
    38%

(84 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_142138 (resized).jpg
20240422_142122 (resized).jpg
20240422_142107 (resized).jpg
20240422_142050 (resized).jpg
20240422_142035 (resized).jpg
20240422_142031 (resized).jpg
20240422_142026 (resized).jpg
20240422_142018 (resized).jpg
20240422_142005 (resized).jpg
20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 92.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

FTR, Spooky has a whole stock of them, if you want a NON-Kruzman one, you can simply call them up and have them ship you one.
Though, keep in mind, like I said, its *NOT* a Kruzman model.

I did not know this. do you know if they have any other titles available? I thought that ac was really rare and special. well it is to me

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I did not know this. do you know if they have any other titles available? I thought that ac was really rare and special. well it is to me

When I was there, they had TNA and ACNC PFs in stock. I would not be surprised if they still do. ACNC is on my short list to get to go along with my game.

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

When I was there, they had TNA and ACNC PFs in stock. I would not be surprised if they still do. ACNC is on my short list to get to go along with my game.

PBL has TNA pf’s showing as in stock on their website also.

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

FTR, Spooky has a whole stock of them, if you want a NON-Kruzman one, you can simply call them up and have them ship you one.
Though, keep in mind, like I said, its *NOT* a Kruzman model.

Nice to know. I figured they were hard to get. Why can’t Stern make it as easy to get a spare PF?

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Nice to know. I figured they were hard to get. Why can’t Stern make it as easy to get a spare PF?

Honestly, I'm not sure how difficult it is...

When Ghostbusters came out, I wanted to look into getting a playfield - I called my local commercial distributor (Betson's Pittsburgh location), and asked them for a quote. They sent me a quote in email. At the time I didn't take advantage of it, but I could have.

Personal, private collector distributors, no. Need to talk to a commercial distributor.

#706 3 years ago

Pics of a meteor and Fish Tales coming up today. Yea!

#707 3 years ago

Sweet. Love some FT!

#708 3 years ago

Can't wait to see Shadow

#709 3 years ago

I finished swapping my cpr KISS pf this past weekend. Ron had cleared it this summer, and I finally picked it up in late fall, and started the swap over the holidays.

This plays so fast and looks fantastic. Great job as always Ron.

If only we could have PATZ this year, others might get to enjoy it too.

AC6562BE-18EF-4BB1-AD8E-830092A3789F (resized).jpegAC6562BE-18EF-4BB1-AD8E-830092A3789F (resized).jpeg7C0949AE-94A9-4AD5-8A09-F198142F1B4C (resized).jpeg7C0949AE-94A9-4AD5-8A09-F198142F1B4C (resized).jpeg

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I finished swapping my cpr KISS pf this past weekend. Ron had cleared it this summer, and I finally picked it up in late fall, and started the swap over the holidays.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's so nice it looks wrong.
I thought KISS playfields were made with half the wood showing through.
Every one I've ever seen is that way anyway.

#711 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

That's so nice it looks wrong.
I thought KISS playfields were made with half the wood showing through.
Every one I've ever seen is that way anyway.

HA!

#712 3 years ago

This meteor came out flawless after some work. I dont know if they are doing it on all their pfs now or not, but rather than dimple the back they drew a bunch of circles where the dimples should be? I cant sand it, in order to polyurethane, so I hit it with a green scratchie lightly, and rolled it on. Not great application.

IMG_1711 (resized).JPGIMG_1711 (resized).JPGIMG_1712 (resized).JPGIMG_1712 (resized).JPGIMG_1713 (resized).JPGIMG_1713 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1714 (resized).JPGIMG_1715 (resized).JPGIMG_1715 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1716 (resized).JPGIMG_1717 (resized).JPGIMG_1717 (resized).JPGIMG_1718 (resized).JPGIMG_1718 (resized).JPGIMG_1719 (resized).JPGIMG_1719 (resized).JPGIMG_1720 (resized).JPGIMG_1720 (resized).JPGIMG_1721 (resized).JPGIMG_1721 (resized).JPG
#713 3 years ago

This my be one of my best FT.
I had to paint 5 or 6 of the inserts. forgot to polish themini pf. I will do that tomorrow.

IMG_1722 (resized).JPGIMG_1722 (resized).JPGIMG_1723 (resized).JPGIMG_1723 (resized).JPGIMG_1724 (resized).JPGIMG_1724 (resized).JPGIMG_1726 (resized).JPGIMG_1726 (resized).JPGIMG_1727 (resized).JPGIMG_1727 (resized).JPGIMG_1728 (resized).JPGIMG_1728 (resized).JPGIMG_1729 (resized).JPGIMG_1729 (resized).JPGIMG_1731 (resized).JPGIMG_1731 (resized).JPGIMG_1732 (resized).JPGIMG_1732 (resized).JPGIMG_1733 (resized).JPGIMG_1733 (resized).JPGIMG_1734 (resized).JPGIMG_1734 (resized).JPGIMG_1735 (resized).JPGIMG_1735 (resized).JPGIMG_1736 (resized).JPGIMG_1736 (resized).JPG
#714 3 years ago

Absolutely stunning work!!!
Thank You for sharing.

#715 3 years ago

Daaaaaamn - That FT!

#716 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Those clear rubbers are super cool, I like the way they illuminate when the light is behind them

#717 3 years ago

I went to lowes to get some 3/8 plywood for the crates, which I am out of. I usually pay 14-15 bucks a sheet. now its 36 out the door!!! double the price. Of course no one can tell me why. Polyurethane glue, screws, and the 1/2 in foam board all cost the usual high price I have grown to accept. If it is covid... then why not all of the other supplies? I guess its dumb to ask rhetorical questions. I had to pay it.
sucks

#718 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

now its 36 out the door

Lumber has doubled during Covid! New home construction in the Dallas area keeps adjusting their prices way up to offset the rising costs. Rumor is all the projects being done in Covid have driven the prices up. I’m holding off on my detached workshop until they settle back down.

#719 3 years ago

Is anyone sitting on a nos RFM pf by chance. There used to be a lot of them floating around, and I have 2 people looking for one. So if you have one or know of one, send me an email please.
Thank you

#720 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Is anyone sitting on a nos RFM pf by chance. There used to be a lot of them floating around, and I have 2 people looking for one. So if you have one or know of one, send me an email please.
Thank you

Ive been asking around for two years with no luck.

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Thank you

I might know one but it´s located in Europe if that is not a deal breaker

#722 3 years ago

I got that Bally Playboy polished out, and I cleaned out all of the holes and edges. (They get rubbing compound and polish in them and most people dont polish the pfs, but if they do they dont go thru and clean all of the holes) I have been feeling under the shitty weather lately, but today I am going to get some pics of it, because it came out so beautiful.

I would like to thank all of the folks that support me here, and keep me busy doing what I love to do. Thank you very much.
Also the folks that buy the install kits. Those really help keep the lights on when I go 8 weeks without finishing a job (then 4 are done at once)

#723 3 years ago

A fellow pinsider has contacted me for help with a Back to the future. In my experience, those pfs are always smoked and of course so is his. He is looking for a nice pf, nos, or restorable. But what he needs that I thought I may be able to help with the people who follow this post, is pics of a nos or restored pf that he can work with to restore his.
His pinside name is
KETILEDVARDSEN
Outside the US and canada, they dont have the access like we do to parts, games, and even help. So if you have some good pics (or a pf) contact him or me, and it will be a mitzva

#724 3 years ago

Here are some pics of the bally playboy as promised. Its headin off to texas today. Hopefully we will get some pics of it installed.

IMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1795 (resized).JPGIMG_1795 (resized).JPGIMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1797 (resized).JPGIMG_1797 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPGIMG_1800 (resized).JPGIMG_1800 (resized).JPGIMG_1801 (resized).JPGIMG_1801 (resized).JPGIMG_1802 (resized).JPGIMG_1802 (resized).JPGIMG_1803 (resized).JPGIMG_1803 (resized).JPGIMG_1804 (resized).JPGIMG_1804 (resized).JPGIMG_1805 (resized).JPGIMG_1805 (resized).JPG
#725 3 years ago

The last pic shows the fruits of wet-block sanding by hand

#726 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

wet-block sanding by hand

This is super sexy!!! Thanks Ron! Photos coming in 6-8 months

#727 3 years ago

I just dropped the crate at fed ex.

Next pfs to be complete are matta hari and space rider (t.S)

#728 3 years ago

I just got done using a loader to move the snow so I can get to my studio. There is a travel advisory here for the next 7+ days!!!!!
Its 15 deg. F and I guess that is gonna be the warmest all week.
It slows down my production when I have to spend an hour and a half moving snow, and the same to move wood every 3 days rather than 7. Whine whine whine.

70 days till the week we usually have PATZ. If I get a vaccine I will be there, if we are having it this year? They could do vaccines there

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just got done using a loader to move the snow so I can get to my studio. There is a travel advisory here for the next 7+ days!!!!!
It slows down my production when I have to spend an hour and a half moving snow, and the same to move wood every 3 days rather than 7. Whine whine whine.
70 days till the week we usually have PATZ. If I get a vaccine I will be there, if we are having it this year? They could do vaccines there

Wow, 1.5hrs to get to your shed - such a foreign (quite literally) concept to living over here. How deep is the snow you're having to clear? A pic would be great

#730 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Heh - Yup. Snow finally arrived in the valleys, out here. Spent 2 hours this AM shoveling.

#731 3 years ago

I just got a letter from a customer that a Bally rolling stones is heading my way from cpr. I know at least 15 people who have needed that pf for so long. Its almost impossible to restore unless its in really good shape. It will be interesting to see how they look.
So if you need a Bally RS pf,I guess cpr has them!!!

By the way, a lot of people have pfs sent directly here from cpr or mirco to save on another shipping trip and possible damage. I just ask people to check in with me first, please.
good weekend!

#732 3 years ago

Paragon was rerun as well - didn't even know they had run them. I was on the pre-order list, but never got contacted. oh well - not buying it right now, I don't even have room to set the game up. I'll wait.

The Rolling Stones one looks good. That's a game I "want" but people ask CRAZY pricing for them, even hammered. Simple gameplay but fun.

#733 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I just got a letter from a customer that a Bally rolling stones is heading my way from cpr.

Damn! Someone beat me to it. But I’m going to have mine shipped to my house, as it will come with backglass and plastics.

Plus, I like to hand deliver it so I can see all the other pfs you’re working on.

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

By the way, a lot of people have pfs sent directly here from cpr or mirco to save on another shipping trip and possible damage. I just ask people to check in with me first, please.
good weekend!

Sorry, I was probably one of those sending PFs to your before asking...

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Paragon was rerun as well - didn't even know they had run them. I was on the pre-order list, but never got contacted. oh well - not buying it right now, I don't even have room to set the game up. I'll wait.
The Rolling Stones one looks good. That's a game I "want" but people ask CRAZY pricing for them, even hammered. Simple gameplay but fun.

Bally rolling stones has always been really really expensive. I am a huge stones fan especially the mick taylor years for sure. Although I walked out of both of the stones shows I went to see. The sound was so horrible I couldnt tell what was being played. People always say it was because of the Pontiac Silverdome, but Pink Floyd made it sound perfect. So....

So, my point is, I dont think the price of that title is coming down. Unfortunately.

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Sorry, I was probably one of those sending PFs to your before asking...

No. Totally misunderstood. I have some folks who I do all of their pfs, and they work outside the country and are very busy or dont have opportunities for communication, or pilots, or all of the above and we have a great system, where I cant pretty much tell who's pf it is that shows up. Mostly I just meant for folks who I haven't worked with or talked to, but, its not like I am going to ship it back, or get bummed out. In fact I would get it in the rotation, and if I didnt hear from the owner by the time it was done, I would have a new pf!!!!! I like that idea!!!

#737 3 years ago

I have 2 paragon repros here right now. I am waiting for them to dry, cure. They look pretty darn good. That is one title I would suggest the repro if money is a factor. Its an expensive nos pf to do. Many many inserts that all need to be painted, plus the usual issues of pfs from that era, make it expensive.
If I had more money than I do, I would go with a NOS just because I love them for their age, and they are more appealing to me. To each their own.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

A45F88C0-E726-4A34-8AE1-D57265B0B6A7 (resized).pngA45F88C0-E726-4A34-8AE1-D57265B0B6A7 (resized).png
#739 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have 2 paragon repros here right now. I am waiting for them to dry, cure. They look pretty darn good. That is one title I would suggest the repro if money is a factor. Its an expensive nos pf to do. Many many inserts that all need to be painted, plus the usual issues of pfs from that era, make it expensive.

I would LOVE to find a NOS Paragon.

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

[quoted image]

wow. thats about what its like. I would like to know the story on that jeep. Great pic!!!
I have a fire and 3 propane heaters goin out there right now to polish a matta hari. (if I dont burn the place down)

#741 3 years ago

Does anyone have a Stern Black Knight pf that I could borrow/trade whatever to make a dimple template?

#742 3 years ago

I have a NOS scared Stiff available here if anyone wants the real deal.

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I have a NOS scared Stiff available here if anyone wants the real deal.

Jeeesus, you are tempting.

#744 3 years ago

I am working on some pics of it compared to a repro.

#745 3 years ago

Here is a matta hari that needed almost all of the insert's keylines repainted. There were also extra holes in the pop bumpers that may have been from the EM version. they were filled so I had to repaint the pink, yellow and black of the pops

IMG_1878 (resized).JPGIMG_1878 (resized).JPGIMG_1879 (resized).JPGIMG_1879 (resized).JPGIMG_1880 (resized).JPGIMG_1880 (resized).JPGIMG_1881 (resized).JPGIMG_1881 (resized).JPGIMG_1882 (resized).JPGIMG_1882 (resized).JPGIMG_1883 (resized).JPGIMG_1883 (resized).JPGIMG_1884 (resized).JPGIMG_1884 (resized).JPGIMG_1885 (resized).JPGIMG_1885 (resized).JPGIMG_1886 (resized).JPGIMG_1886 (resized).JPGIMG_1887 (resized).JPGIMG_1887 (resized).JPGIMG_1888 (resized).JPGIMG_1888 (resized).JPG
#746 3 years ago

This is another space rider, alt for Globetrotters. Actually you can use any cab.

IMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1914 (resized).JPGIMG_1914 (resized).JPGIMG_1915 (resized).JPGIMG_1915 (resized).JPGIMG_1916 (resized).JPGIMG_1916 (resized).JPGIMG_1917 (resized).JPGIMG_1917 (resized).JPGIMG_1918 (resized).JPGIMG_1918 (resized).JPGIMG_1919 (resized).JPGIMG_1919 (resized).JPGIMG_1920 (resized).JPGIMG_1920 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPGIMG_1924 (resized).JPGIMG_1924 (resized).JPG
#747 3 years ago

You may be able to understand why I get so depressed in the winter. I know there is a logic that says it makes me love the summer months all the more, but I lived in southern califorina, and every single day the weather put me in a great mood. I think living thru one crappy winter would be enough for a lifetime of perspective.
To make the comparison even worse, my dog is dead. (old age)

IMG_1890 (resized).JPGIMG_1890 (resized).JPGme andrainey (resized).jpgme andrainey (resized).jpg
#748 3 years ago

Here is a comparison between a mirco repro SS with 6 or 8 coats of clear, and a NOS, just stock. I mention the clear so you can take that in to acct when comparing.
The first of the 2 similar pics. is the nos. Then the repro. The nos is for sale
Having them side by side, I can really tell one is a copy of a copy. I have heard them say made form the manufacture films, but I can tell its been scanned, plus the colors are way off. The nos has darker colors, and I have no idea how much sun it has seen.
Dont get me wrong, thank god for repro pfs! I am just one of the geezers who believes if a nos is available, I will go with the nos.
This pf was made on 12/4/96. does anyone know where in the production, that lies (beginning/end)?

IMG_1891 (resized).JPGIMG_1891 (resized).JPGIMG_1892 (resized).JPGIMG_1892 (resized).JPGIMG_1893 (resized).JPGIMG_1893 (resized).JPGIMG_1894 (resized).JPGIMG_1894 (resized).JPGIMG_1895 (resized).JPGIMG_1895 (resized).JPGIMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1898 (resized).JPGIMG_1898 (resized).JPG
#749 3 years ago

Crap I screwed it up.
On the first 2 pics the nos is the pf on the left.
then it goes NOS, next pic repro

#750 3 years ago

Whoa they are shinnnnnyyyy! I’ve said it before and will say it again. The work you do spoils you. There’s no turning back once you see one after you do your magic. Like you said, the repros are great to have and they look and play good as they are. But the clear and prep you do is just such a leap ahead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,565 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/15?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.