Topic Stats

• 4,557 posts
  • 293 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If you are going to do a pf swap on a game, which option best describes your opinion between a NOS and a repro pf”

• Only want an nos pf even if the total cost is going to be more 42 votes
    51%
  • reproduction pf 10 votes
    12%
  • which ever is going to be cheaper 31 votes
    37%

(83 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240418_132552 (resized).jpg
20240418_132532 (resized).jpg
20240418_132522 (resized).jpg
20240418_132500 (resized).jpg
20240418_132450 (resized).jpg
20240418_132435 (resized).jpg
20240418_132427 (resized).jpg
20240418_132419 (resized).jpg
20240418_132414 (resized).jpg
20240418_132351 (resized).jpg
IMG_1597 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1634 (resized).jpeg
20240416_145204 (resized).jpg
20240416_145151 (resized).jpg
20240416_144619 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,557 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 92.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I took some detailed pics of this pf I have for sale so a prospective customer could see the issues (I think this was made in 1981). Anyway, the one I wanted to point out which is hard to see but is a potential deal breaker, is there is a line where the 2 pieces of laminate but up against each other. The laminate is the high grade, paper thin, piece of wood glued to the top of cabinet stock plywood. Its very common, and after 30 or so years it will start to show. Its not a functional problem, just aesthetics.
On this pf look between the 400 and 500 inserts on the bonus counter area. The line is slightly right of center, and its not horrible but its there, and I wanted to point it out to the person asking questions about it.
So I repeat; its not a joint of the plywood, but the laminate. Its not structural, though it needs to be painted.
I will mention, but try not to sound like an ass, but when you buy pfs from someone, who is not goofy for pfs, he is not going to mention this. 50% of people dont know what it is. I get a lot of pfs shipped here to clear and fix up, and when it is one that I have for sale, MOST of the time it comes with a lot of surprises and cost more than the one I have for sale. Sometimes its less, (very rarely) but then it needs a lot of work bringing the price up.
Occasionally its very nice, and cost less than mine, and it bums me out that the seller didnt call me... ha
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Huh! I learned something - that's what's happening/wrong with my OEM Meteor PF in my game. Never knew that was the reason. Cool.

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Man, my bond game has been down for years now. I need to get that thing going again.

Let me know if you decide to let that one go tommy. Mine got sold for the roof fund, and I have huge seller remorse. more than any other except my black hole comes to mind. I had that game playing so good. I went to look at a whirlwind in detroit from a really cool fella named glen who I havent seen in years. I passed on the ww, but loved the BH right next to it. the seller also gave me his stool, which I will never get rid of because I use it to prop up the back when I remove the legs of games.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Huh! I learned something - that's what's happening/wrong with my OEM Meteor PF in my game. Never knew that was the reason. Cool.

Pretty common is the first 4 years of the SS era. Its never that the laminate is lifting, it always seems to be just separating. so I use the clear to level, and then paint. seems to be the answer. if it is lifting at all then I would use the glue kit in my install kit to glue the edges with the kit, some blocks of wood stock and clamps.

#604 3 years ago

here are the pics of the Iron man for sale. actually I have 2. price is 800.

IMG_1195 (resized).JPGIMG_1195 (resized).JPGIMG_1196 (resized).JPGIMG_1196 (resized).JPGIMG_1197 (resized).JPGIMG_1197 (resized).JPGIMG_1199 (resized).JPGIMG_1199 (resized).JPGIMG_1200 (resized).JPGIMG_1200 (resized).JPGIMG_1201 (resized).JPGIMG_1201 (resized).JPG
#605 3 years ago

Here are the outdoor pics of another quicksilver, soon to depart this week.

IMG_1209 (resized).JPGIMG_1209 (resized).JPGIMG_1210 (resized).JPGIMG_1210 (resized).JPGIMG_1211 (resized).JPGIMG_1211 (resized).JPGIMG_1212 (resized).JPGIMG_1212 (resized).JPGIMG_1213 (resized).JPGIMG_1213 (resized).JPG
#606 3 years ago

some indoor pics?
Is anyone installing a pf this holiday? If so lets here the title, and the plan!

IMG_1202 (resized).JPGIMG_1202 (resized).JPGIMG_1203 (resized).JPGIMG_1203 (resized).JPGIMG_1204 (resized).JPGIMG_1204 (resized).JPGIMG_1205 (resized).JPGIMG_1205 (resized).JPGIMG_1206 (resized).JPGIMG_1206 (resized).JPGIMG_1208 (resized).JPGIMG_1208 (resized).JPG
#607 3 years ago

That hidden dick in Quicksilver always makes me laugh.
Seeing your final products is always inspiring!

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

It always makes me laugh also. I always put a pic of it in any quick silver pics.

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Thanks for my morning laugh on Pinside

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Here are the pics of the ij with the sparkled inserts. on the first pics I was trying to show the reflection and how undistorted it is, and sharp
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ah, yes, the famous "Vampire Willie" Mirco Indy playfield. Just a little more white in her mouth makes her smile like it was on OEM playfields. Of course Mirco denies it's a mistake. The non sparkle version has problems with the "Y" in Shorty, too.

Love your work. I didn't know about this thread for some reason. JJP should have you do like 50-100 of the CEs on their pins and charge an extra $2k. Make them like Shelby Cobra mustangs with a Special PF badge under the apron and everything.

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah, yes, the famous "Vampire Willie" Mirco Indy playfield. Just a little more white in her mouth makes her smile like it was on OEM playfields. Of course Mirco denies it's a mistake. The non sparkle version has problems with the "Y" in Shorty, too.
Love your work. I didn't know about this thread for some reason. JJP should have you do like 50-100 of the CEs on their pins and charge an extra $2k. Make them like Shelby Cobra mustangs with a Special PF badge under the apron and everything.

wow thank you for the comparison to carrol shelby. wowza
I dont charge any extra, and I dont know if spooky does (not that I know of) to do the pfs before installation, but it makes me feel like a big shot. Its definatly an honor. If I think about collector stuff that I covet like shelby mustangs, hurst olds, buell harleys, the spooky pins fit in that category to me.
Its a bummer that I dont have the money to hire help to do a limited edition of a game. Even if I did a group of 25, the amount of man hours is huge. I would have to find and hire and train someone to do my kind of work, even if it is just sanding or polishing. And after training them, I would have to keep them working from now on, and then it becomes a factory. I ran a crew of 3 to 6 people for 21 years, and not only did I spend more time baby sitting than the work I loved, it made me hate my job. The finish product was less important than keeping people working, paying them, and keeping the company afloat. It took me a long time to remember that I chose the trades after going to college to wear a tie, and the model I was following had a tie as the trophy. I am not disrespecting white collar jobs at all, it just turned out for me that I didnt enjoy that kind of work. I absolutely respect it. I have several friends who are in charge of a bunch of people, and I respect the hell out of them for being successful in what they do. I never was a good manager, and now that I am the person I have become, I doubt I would last a day as a manager. Well I will cut short the narcicisstic journal entry for today

So, since this is black friday, maybe buy yourself or loved ones a playfield? I have most of my pfs on the website that Tommy helps me with (thank you) and that is pinballplayfieldskruzman.com

I love spending money as much as the next person, so if you have a new or NOS pf you want to sell, send me an email. You have to be willing to accept paypal because I am going to charge it. If I succeed, I will post what I got.

I have received a lot of jobs in the last 2 weeks. most of the shipped directly here from Mirco. (Rather than mirco sending to the customer, and then he or she sends here) So there are fresh examples of Safecracker, Scared Stiff (as much as I loved IPB, mirco's are higher quality by far)TAF, TOTAN here all ready. I know there is an old chicago on the way ( I think thats is cpr), and hopefully a firepower, which reminds me I bought another Bally playboy (and a plastic set) last week. Also another flipper football is here ready to prep.

Lastly. I have a NOS stern NUGENT pf here, FOR SALE. It belongs to a customer, but he decided not to further pursue that project. I think CPR is going to make them in the future. I dont know if that means now, or like paragon, and in 4 or 5 years. Its a very nice drilled and dimpled pf. It was cleared with what looks like oil based poly, which is a good hard surface to stick with if you want to. although the oil-polys cause a light browning effect on the wood and slightly on the colors. I have found when I sand them to reclear, but sanding off most of the existing material it brightens up the colors, but the wood will stay darker. Its priced at 900 plus shipping. if you are interested in it please contact me, and I can take picas and answer questions, and I will ship it for him. I do a lot of work for him, so its a favor I dont mind doing if I can help.

So there you go, a NUGE nos pf!!!!

Have a great holiday weekend. I took the day off yesterday and worked on firewood all day it was perfect!!!!

#612 3 years ago

Scared Stiff? Good stuff.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP should have you do like 50-100 of the CEs on their pins and charge an extra $2k. Make them like Shelby Cobra mustangs with a Special PF badge under the apron and everything.

I love Ron’s work and asked JJP to send my CE PF to him, they will not do it. My plan is to buy a 2nd CE PF and send it to Ron! Ron has my PB and HS2 he’s doing for me now ... amazing work

#614 3 years ago

You wouldn't have a Fathom PF for sale anytime soon?

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

You wouldn't have a Fathom PF for sale anytime soon?

I do not have a fathom right now, though I will make a not for my board of pfs wanted. (BTW one of my best friends lives on st thomas hopefully I will get down there in the next few years when this crap is all behind us)

#616 3 years ago

I thought this is worth sharing:
I saw a company called classic game rooms is selling stern pfs on ebay and they had a bunch of titles. I wrote and asked, and they said they can get any stern title. I know that is not true, but they had a KISS le premium listed. I asked if it was a DE-POPULATED pf. The reply was no, brand new nos pfs. So I bought one on oct 22.
After it was a week late I wrote asking the whereabouts. I was then informed it was sterns fault, and it gets drop shipped from stern. (so they didnt even have the pf in stock). Every week I write to say I still dont have my pf, and they stopped returning my emails. I filed the "I didnt recieve my item" thing because I couldnt until it was a month after I ordered.
Today is that day of the week, and I see they responded.

"Just got an Answer from Stern. The playfield was ordered. It is being printed and cleared next week with an ETA ship date after clear is cured of 12/13/2020"

Nothing about selling product they dont own. Since I am a betting man, my money is after jan 1, if at all.

I am not in the habit of making my business problems public because I know how easy it is to make mistakes, or have a bunch of problems all happen at once, but I think this is dirty business. I wrote I would rather have my money back and all I heard was the quote above, and never an apology, just blame on stern. Well thats what happens when you sell stuff you dont own and do not say that in the listing. No where does it say anything about it being drop shipped. If I knew that was the deal, I have friends that are bigger stern distributers, and I am positive I could get it cheaper. I am sharing this because, if I would have known about this grift, I would have saved my money. I am not attacking anyone personally, only the business that is not working out to well for me.

#617 3 years ago

Oh boy. Another mistake on my end. I didnt go thru the feedback since it was 99.5, but if I would have I would have never shelled out the money and taken the chance. I will always be recovering from a long battle with drugs, and the drug game was NEVER as dirty as buying playfields.

#618 3 years ago

I am just guessing that this bally playboy is one of the new cpr direct prints and not the screened pfs. I just looked to see if the alignment crosshairs are on the pic on their website and they are not. I have never noticed these showing ion the past. Coyuld I have missed them? Its hard to see in this pic, but there is one that is just white in the top of the shooter lane one at the far left end of the shooter lane arch.
Usually these are hidden under the apron or arch.
This pf belongs to a customer so I dont know if it was part of the deal, I am going to ask him also. Does anyone know about this or have any info? I Just ordered one, that has not arrived. I guess its not a deal killer or anything, but I have never seen any of the manufactures put them out in the open so they can be seen when installed.

IMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1215 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1217 (resized).JPG
#619 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am not in the habit of making my business problems public because I know how easy it is to make mistakes, or have a bunch of problems all happen at once, but I think this is dirty business. I wrote I would rather have my money back and all I heard was the quote above, and never an apology, just blame on stern. Well thats what happens when you sell stuff you dont own and do not say that in the listing. No where does it say anything about it being drop shipped.

I had this problem recently with ZORO.com. I was trying to source some hard-to-get parts for one of my mod kits and they showed they had them in stock with delivery within 5 days. 3 weeks later I still didn't have them after multiple emails asking what was going on. Turns out the WHOLE COMPANY is just a drop shipping grift. The parts finally came, drop shipped from Grainger, where I could have got them myself for less money, but didn't want to wait the 3-4 weeks for delivery, which I ended up waiting for anyway, and paying ZORO for the privilege.

Moral of the story? Do not buy anything from ZORO.COM. They will say anything you want to hear to get your money, and it's cheaper just to cut them out of the transaction.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I am just guessing that this bally playboy is one of the new cpr direct prints and not the screened pfs. I just looked to see if the alignment crosshairs are on the pic on their website and they are not. I have never noticed these showing ion the past. Coyuld I have missed them?

Hey Ron, if it’s mine, I’ve had the PF about 2.5 years. It was acquired in a ‘I can’t/don’t want to finish this project sale’. I don’t think this is part of their new printing process as it was in hand when CPR made the announcement.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Hey Ron, if it’s mine, I’ve had the PF about 2.5 years. It was acquired in a ‘I can’t/don’t want to finish this project sale’. I don’t think this is part of their new printing process as it was in hand when CPR made the announcement.

OK, thats helps the mystery. Yes that is your pf, and I think its a very nice repro, and it didnt suffer from the clear on the inserts dropping too much or the wood grain coming out. Its a nice pf, I just wish the line ups were hidden. Maybe they were always like this, and I didnt notice.

If you have a cpr bally playboy and it is not too much hassle, drop me a line and let me know if your's looks like this

#622 3 years ago

I got my playboy pf from cpr today. I believe it is printed. anyway the line up looks better than usual, and there are no line up crosses in the shooter lane.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

anyway the line up looks better than usual, and there are no line up crosses in the shooter lane.

That’s odd; I guess they corrected it?! Glad you got yours today!!

#624 3 years ago

I got a serious challenge in this week. I have to make my self set it aside until I get caught up with the other pfs I am working on. Its always fun to gravitate to the interesting stuff though this will prob be a lot of hand sanding. I dont think I will be able to get to the bottom of the grain valleys with the sander. I think I would get in to ink way before i got down there. so this will be a tru test on my behalf.
If I just rough it up and spray the clear, I could build up and sand a flat surface, but you would see all of the grain down in there and it would be awful. In the past I have noticed a spot of just an inch where I didnt get all of the grain and it looked like crap to me.

I came in for a coffee break. today I am clearing a getaway (last coats) and a dolly parton, and hand sanding endless pfs indoors which is not great for my lungs.

So if you have followed my threads, you may remember that I always tell people when they get their "perfect reproduction in the mail, to put it in a ventilated area to cure for 4 months. This is why. I am told the owner wouldnt believe this is his pf if he didnt pull it out of his own closet.

The last pic was a surprise. I tested the star rollover, and I will be dammed. perfect.

Its going to be a couple 3 weeks before I get on this one, but I will post the results, success or failure.
the guru.

IMG_1224 (resized).JPGIMG_1224 (resized).JPGIMG_1226 (resized).JPGIMG_1226 (resized).JPGIMG_1230 (resized).JPGIMG_1230 (resized).JPGIMG_1231 (resized).JPGIMG_1231 (resized).JPGIMG_1232 (resized).JPGIMG_1232 (resized).JPGIMG_1234 (resized).JPGIMG_1234 (resized).JPGIMG_1235 (resized).JPGIMG_1235 (resized).JPGIMG_1236 (resized).JPGIMG_1236 (resized).JPGIMG_1237 (resized).JPGIMG_1237 (resized).JPGIMG_1241 (resized).JPGIMG_1241 (resized).JPG
#625 3 years ago

My money is on you getting that to look perfect.

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I dont think I will be able to get to the bottom of the grain valleys with the sander.

What causes these grain valleys?

#627 3 years ago

The wood is not cured all the way when printed/cleared. Or the wood was not sealed and sanded before print. Or its a batch of cheap or not cheap but crappy wood. Its an organic material, so every one is different, but since this happens to about 40% of the repros from this maker, and not really at all from the other major manufacturer, I am guessing the wood has not cured all the way. Second guess is the wood is not primed and sanded flat? I am guessing, I dont know what their process looks like, but their reply was this is normal for reproduction pf, and if you want to you can sand it and polish it. I dont recommend that option.
Its funny that I try so hard not to say something that will ruffle some ones feathers. Its just production finishes. My job is custom finishes. I want to show what I do to earn my money because so many are dumbfounded as to why anyone would pay me to clear a perfect pf.

#628 3 years ago

Also polishing out a NOS solitaire pf. so nice. I will take pics after I clean out the holes. the white compound is all over it.

#629 3 years ago

Someone wrote me and suggested I teke the firepower to a bluegrass festival and play it as a washboard! ha!
I reminded him we live in the covid time. Still funny

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Also polishing out a NOS solitaire pf. so nice. I will take pics after I clean out the holes. the white compound is all over it.

Ah... that's the one I'm waiting for. That'll go in my Diamond Jack AAB.
I'm really looking forward to seeing it, I'm sure it looks awesome.
Thank you!!

#631 3 years ago

Here is the after pics of the diamond jack pf. This was in nice shape all ready. I just had to glue the inserts, paint them and themost work was leveling them. In this case I would lay 2 thin coats and sand it all down, repeat.
I dont want to do paint work on top of clear so it looks like it is floating, but it has to be level before I paint, or you will be able to see the imperfection in the paint.
There are 2 reasons why a pf like this is in way better shape that a nos firepower or EBD. LEAD PAINT

IMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPGIMG_1245 (resized).JPGIMG_1245 (resized).JPGIMG_1246 (resized).JPGIMG_1246 (resized).JPGIMG_1248 (resized).JPGIMG_1248 (resized).JPGIMG_1249 (resized).JPGIMG_1249 (resized).JPGIMG_1252 (resized).JPGIMG_1252 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPG
#632 3 years ago

My Kruzman Rick and Morty playfield combined with my PDI invisible glass really messes with my head... When the glass is on, it looks like nothing is there, but when I remove the glass and just look at the Kruzman, it looks like the glass is on.

#633 3 years ago

My Diamond Jack looks fantastic
I'm sure I'll see you soon

Thanks!!

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There are 2 reasons why a pf like this is in way better shape that a nos firepower or EBD. LEAD PAINT
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What period did playfield manufacturers start moving away from lead paint?

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

My Kruzman Rick and Morty playfield combined with my PCI invisible glass really messes with my head... When the glass is on, it looks like nothing is there, but when I remove the glass and just look at the Kruzman, it looks like the glass is on.

That glass is so cool, I didnt think about it and the visual qualities of a flat clear pf. I would really like to check that out, I bet its a trip. the light will get in the clear, like a fiber optic and move around under or in it. very cool. glad you dig it. lots of love and time in to that pf

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I dont want to do paint work on top of clear so it looks like it is floating, but it has to be level before I paint, or you will be able to see the imperfection in the paint.

Ron, this brings up a point about this whole progress that I've really been thinking about. I'm about to go down the long haul path of my own first playfield restorations, and I've read over and over and over again that you have to lay down a few light coats of clear before you start doing paint work. The theory being that if you're painting down onto the bare playfield, the colors will slowly over time change color as it blends into the wood/paint in a way that it won't blend into clear. But I REALLY believe that you'd see the layering of clear and paint, clear, paint, clear, paint, so on and so forth.

So I'm seeing here that you don't advise don't that or am I reading you wrong?

#637 3 years ago

You will see the layering.
I have never had color change from the wood. color will get darker from clear, and to different extents depending on what you use. Maybe someone knows something I dont. No matter how much research you do your first pf wont be great since its your first. I suggest buying a 100 dollar or less pf and restoring it all of the way, as if it is going to be graded. You will learn, and you will know your ablity.
Again, just my opinion. I am not going to write the rules for pf restoration since I only know what I know, if that makes any sense.

#638 3 years ago

Here are some pics of the completed tommy pf that I posted pics of the before on this thread. I will look back to see what page its on.
The area under the mylar at the top arch, under 1945 was completely ripped off. The maylar had been lifted, and someone I believe pulled the art off the insert and put the mylar back down. when they realized the damage. I have not lifted art off by removing mylar in 10 years or more. Either way it happens. There was paint work all around on this artistically cluttered pf. It came out perfect.
I glued the inserts that are notorious for lifting on this title, and a lot of the DE games. Everything has takes an extra month because of the roof fiasco, unfortunately. I would like to thank everyone for their patience. For the most part everyone have been super cool, and I really appreciate it. I am putting in long days to help get caught up.
Thank you to all of my supporters. I also appreciate the folks who follow this thread. I enjoy the fellowship.

IMG_1315 (resized).JPGIMG_1315 (resized).JPGIMG_1316 (resized).JPGIMG_1316 (resized).JPGIMG_1317 (resized).JPGIMG_1317 (resized).JPGIMG_1318 (resized).JPGIMG_1318 (resized).JPGIMG_1319 (resized).JPGIMG_1319 (resized).JPGIMG_1320 (resized).JPGIMG_1320 (resized).JPGIMG_1321 (resized).JPGIMG_1321 (resized).JPGIMG_1322 (resized).JPGIMG_1322 (resized).JPGIMG_1323 (resized).JPGIMG_1323 (resized).JPGIMG_1324 (resized).JPGIMG_1324 (resized).JPGIMG_1325 (resized).JPGIMG_1325 (resized).JPGIMG_1326 (resized).JPGIMG_1326 (resized).JPG
#639 3 years ago

The before pics of the tommy pf are on page 11 of this thread

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#640 3 years ago

I really like the pic with all the PFs in the background - are these all work in progress?

Kruzman (resized).jpgKruzman (resized).jpg
#641 3 years ago

on that pic, going from left to right the first 5 are freshly cleared pfs (this week) then a funhouse that I just drilled and dimpled (still have to paint) and an ebd that has been prepped out but needs a bunch of paint work. Last is the funhouse that I made the drill and dimple template from.

1 week later
#642 3 years ago

I used to love those games in the kids magazines where there are 2 pics that look the same but there are differences and you have to see if you can find them all. Here are 2 space rider pfs (globetrotters kit) that have many differences. some very small and some obvious. I just found one that is super small and I dont know why its different, but it is.

I will give you the most obvious right up front:
One is not dimpled

IMG_1561 (resized).JPGIMG_1561 (resized).JPGIMG_1562 (resized).JPGIMG_1562 (resized).JPGIMG_1563 (resized).JPGIMG_1563 (resized).JPGIMG_1564 (resized).JPGIMG_1564 (resized).JPGIMG_1565 (resized).JPGIMG_1565 (resized).JPGIMG_1566 (resized).JPGIMG_1566 (resized).JPGIMG_1567 (resized).JPGIMG_1567 (resized).JPG
#643 3 years ago

Looks like the inserts on one are much more transparent than the other.

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Looks like the inserts on one are much more transparent than the other.

One is opaque and one transparent. yes. different colors also. for example look at the left drain lane insert color

In the first pic, the pf on the left has a difference I did. Its under the space shuttle on the right. I blacked in the area around the 3 inserts because of some damage.

#645 3 years ago

check out the arrow in the circle above the girl with the nice "rump"

#646 3 years ago

I love the “spot the difference” pictures. Put my fair share of dollars into the bar top Photo Hunt machines in the days before I had kids and got old and boring.

I spotted about 6 differences in the artwork so far. Do you know how many of those play fields were produced? Seems like they ran a bunch, made some tweaks, then ran some more.

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

I love the “spot the difference” pictures. Put my fair share of dollars into the bar top Photo Hunt machines in the days before I had kids and got old and boring.
I spotted about 6 differences in the artwork so far. Do you know how many of those play fields were produced? Seems like they ran a bunch, made some tweaks, then ran some more.

I would bet money that is what happened. they were prob made over a couple years.
Take a look at the space shuttle. there are 2 special inserts on one, and on the other there is text under the insert that says special. and look at one of the rocket boosters... it says mike!

There is the Gieger automatenbrau badge on one and not the other (left side of center)

#648 3 years ago

Honestly, I'm wondering if, for some reason, they had to re-do the silk screen. Or had two made for different PF manufacturers?

I see a lot more small changes, too -
For example, the "100", "200", "1000", "2000" inserts on the left side of the playfield. Look at the White->Yellow->Orange->Red layers, and you'll see tha tlines are different. Easiest difference to notice, the red/yellow to the upper-right of the "2000" insert.

The one without the "MIKE" has a better orange/red dithering on the planet popbumper at top.

I like the 'stop light' difference by the extra ball / open gate lights. And just below that, cloud arts missing. Down below, it looks like one playfield missed the yellow screen in front of the spacemen, and the cloud pattern, while closely similar, does have differences..

And, of course, the large white badge that reads:

GEIGER
AUTOMATENBAU
G.m.b.h.

My guess is that some fields may have been sent overseas?

#649 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

There is the Gieger automatenbrau badge on one and not the other (left side of center)

Of course, I was studying before I realized Ron pointed out the same thing. Heh.

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

check out the arrow in the circle above the girl with the nice "rump"

LOL I was too distracted to notice

It's a cool pin, I've played one a few times at various events

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

There are 4,557 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 92.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/13?hl=nihonmasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.