Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6029 (resized).JPG
CAM00173_(resized).jpg
17.JPG
30.JPG
29.JPG
1.JPG
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

The Krull is finally finished after just about 3 years of effort.

I want to thank Mark Clayton(get well soon),PBR,Basil LeBlanc,Dave Farbache,Allen Shope,Clive Jones and Jody Lobert for the various thing they helped me with.I also want to give a big thanks to the actual owner of the game.

Here it is finished

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album433

Here was the long process I went through to get there

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album150

Christopher Hutchins

http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php

1.JPG1.JPG 29.JPG29.JPG 30.JPG30.JPG 17.JPG17.JPG

#2 11 years ago

WOW! Looks awesome! I still would like to see those AFM videos on your YouTube channel

#3 11 years ago

Unbelievable!! So that is what perfection looks like.
Now for my dumb question - how much of the lower playfield is actually visible through the window? The window looks so small compared to the lower playfield's size.

#4 11 years ago

That there, shows true talent ! Awesome Chris !!

Jim

#5 11 years ago

Pffft...

Don't quit your day job!

Seriously...if you did we wouldn't have amazing restores like this.

Nice work man.

#6 11 years ago

They keep getting prettier and prettier with each new restore.

You are one of the best if not the best from all I have seen.

#7 11 years ago

Awesome- Great to see a machine as rare as this get a restore like this.

Just curious, since none of us will probably get to play one- Is it fun?

#8 11 years ago

Just amazing..... Glad to see that Krull turned out to be fantastic!!

#9 11 years ago

Stunning! As usual

#10 11 years ago

Good God!

One of the nicest restorations, on one of the rarest pinballs in existence. Wow! Nice job!

#11 11 years ago

You're the Fabergé of pinball. It's amazing.

#12 11 years ago

when you have money to burn....

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

Unbelievable!! So that is what perfection looks like.
Now for my dumb question - how much of the lower playfield is actually visible through the window? The window looks so small compared to the lower playfield's size.

Not a dumb question at all.
The window is not simply a piece of glass but actually a lens. The only way I can think to describe it is a combination of a fun house mirror and magnifying glass. You can see the entire under-playfield but in a distorted way. Perhaps a better description would be this: Its like looking through a telescope at an object from the wrong end.

I suck at descriptive writing sometimes but I hope that helps.

Outstanding work once again, Chris.

Kim

#14 11 years ago

Unbelievable work CH. Someone is going to be very, very happy with this game!

God I love Krull.

#15 11 years ago

Congrats. Beautiful work.

#16 11 years ago

Mr68,
Thanks for the explanation on the glass, the way you describe it makes since to me.
I would love to see some video of this table in action.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

Mr68,Thanks for the explanation on the glass, the way you describe it makes since to me.I would love to see some video of this table in action.

I'm dying to see a good video of gameplay and hear some sound effects from this pin.

#18 11 years ago

Amazing project... would you say this is the job you are most proud of Chris?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I'm dying to see a good video of gameplay and hear some sound effects from this pin.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The window is not simply a piece of glass but actually a lens. The only way I can think to describe it is a combination of a fun house mirror and magnifying glass. You can see the entire under-playfield but in a distorted way. Perhaps a better description would be this: Its like looking through a telescope at an object from the wrong end.
Kim

That's how I would discribe it. Imagine Stewie mini pinball. Words can't discribe how good that Krull looks Chris!

#21 11 years ago

Sweetness.

I'd love to see some video of this being played.

#22 11 years ago

Incredible job, great to see old and rare games restored!

#23 11 years ago

First, that machine looks incredible! Awesome job.

Krull is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time by James Horner. Were you able to use any of the music? And if so, how did you pull it off?

#24 11 years ago

Awesome work as usual Chris, that is a work of art.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

Krill is one of my favorite soundtracks of all time by James Horner. Were you able to use any of the music? And if so, how did you pull it off?

this is a legit prototype machine from gottlieb not a one off build.

#26 11 years ago

If I ever get a chance to meet Chris, I will first bow at his feet and then stand up and buy him a beer. "Here's to you Mr. High End Pinball restorer."

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

this is a legit prototype machine from gottlieb not a one off build.

Thanks, my bad. I suppose I should have done a little more research about this machine - I never knew they existed and I thought it was a one-off.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I think everyone on this website is dying to see video of this machine in action. Extremely rare specimen this machine is (just about as rare as the Pinball Circus).

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from drbond:

I think everyone on this website is dying to see video of this machine in action. Extremely rare specimen this machine is (just about as rare as the Pinball Circus).

+1. Beautiful. I am guessing it has some of the same sounds as the Gottlieb Krull video game

, but would like to see and hear it.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from anewhope:

+1. Beautiful. I am guessing it has some of the same sounds as the Gottlieb Krull video game » YouTube video

You are correct. A lot of it is the same.

#31 11 years ago

Whooowww super job.

#32 11 years ago

Does Pinmame reproduce these sounds accurately on their version of Krull?

#33 11 years ago

I hope we video of the final product as well as gameplay.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Amazing project... would you say this is the job you are most proud of Chris?

So far I would say yes.There are a couple other games here to be done that should fit in the same category.The next one of this magnitude will be Ramp Warrior which is a bit more rare and rougher overall I think but I haven't looked it over since it came in a couple years ago.

Christopher Hutchins

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

So far I would say yes.There are a couple other games here to be done that should fit in the same category.The next one of this magnitude will be Ramp Warrior which is a bit more rare and rougher overall I think but I haven't looked it over since it came in a couple years ago.
Christopher Hutchins

Yuck. It might be rare, but not really all that visually interesting from what I can see of it on IPDB. Differnt' strokes, I guess.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Kim

Game looks awesome!

Does the game have the original Fresnel lens or did you manage to find a replacement / Substitute?

#37 11 years ago

WOW! Great job. Would love to see a video.

1 year later
#38 10 years ago

Just noticed this is for sale in the marketplace, $29 990.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Just noticed this is for sale in the marketplace, $29 990.

Yep, it's on Mr. Pinball today too.

I think this sets a new record. $29,900. Phew! Wonder if he'll take $28k cash?

I'll quote Indiana Jones: "It belongs in a museum!". Seriously.

#40 10 years ago

Go Teekee good luck with your sale. Looks awesome.

#41 10 years ago

Great Restore!! That looks beautiful - excellent work.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Go Teekee good luck with your sale. Looks awesome.

Thanks Jim… it found a new home in Utah.

2 years later
#44 7 years ago

Ressurecting this!
Oh well, I have always wanted to try the krull machine.

Does anyone know how many made it out? and what is the going price for one of the few that exist?

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Ressurecting this!
Oh well, I have always wanted to try the krull machine.
Does anyone know how many made it out? and what is the going price for one of the few that exist?

10 games were produced.

About $10k, at least. I've even heard crazy numbers upwards of $25k tossed around from motivated collectors.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

About $10k, at least. I've even heard crazy numbers upwards of $25k tossed around from motivated collectors.

This one from HEP would likely fetch 25k. Crazy beautiful. Where are the others? I never see any come up for sale ever.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This one from HEP would likely fetch 25k. Crazy beautiful. Where are the others? I never see any come up for sale ever.

i have them all

#48 7 years ago

Looks pretty snazzy actually, and i liked the movie as a kid (woth that star throwing weapon he gets in the lava) so that helps

#49 7 years ago

a french pinball fellow owns the Krull and the goin nuts. His name is jean-rene karr and he gets all sys 1 & 80/80A

#50 7 years ago

Not mine, but I got to touch it!

CAM00173_(resized).jpgCAM00173_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/krull-restoration-complete?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.