Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6029 (resized).JPG
CAM00173_(resized).jpg
17.JPG
30.JPG
29.JPG
1.JPG
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Not mine, but I got to touch it!

Is that in Florida? If I ever got ahold of one I'd send it to HEP immediately.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Not mine, but I got to touch it!

Ugh. Does the owner even know what that is worth to some people? It's not a plant stand

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that in Florida? If I ever got ahold of one I'd send it to HEP immediately.

Nope, midwest. It ill end up in one of the museums eventually, it's safe.

Funny thing is when it came out with the movie I have a CLEAR memory of playing one here in Orlando at a bowling alley.
I remember the fresnel lens effect 100%.
Everybody has told me I'm nuts, but the owner of the above game confirmed Gottlieb DID send the samples out into the wild and one likely made it down to Florida.

#55 7 years ago

I used to love that movie growing up! Where is the cyclops?

#56 7 years ago

I used to own an Krull arcade stand up, exact same sideart as that backglass.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Awesome. I had forgotten Liam Neeson was in that movie!

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

How did you like the gameplay of the arcade?

#59 7 years ago

I liked it. I kept it for a decade until I decided to get rid of most of my arcades to use the money to update my pin collection. Now I only have a few arcades (2 on route, 2 in my collection)

#60 7 years ago

I loved that horrible movie when I was a kid.

#61 7 years ago

I love this machine. Hope I get to play or even just see one some day.

1 year later
#62 6 years ago

Hi Guys,

Actually, I got the chance to play this game on Location, in France on 1983, once... and never see it again until the French Convension in Sorgues France on 2015.

Does anyone got any info on remaining games in the US or elsewhere? Or is there some restoration article somewhere?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Leveeger:

Hi Guys,
Actually, I got the chance to play this game on Location, in France on 1983, once... and never see it again until the French Convension in Sorgues France on 2015.
Does anyone got any info on remaining games in the US or elsewhere? Or is there some restoration article somewhere?

Haven't heard about any in a while. With only 10 made, I would assume they are scattered.

#64 6 years ago

It's a cool game, but ball times are way too long, it gets old. The lower playfield under the lens is super cool though, the illusion makes it seem way deeper than possible in the cab.

IMG_6029 (resized).JPGIMG_6029 (resized).JPG

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a cool game, but ball times are way too long, it gets old. The lower playfield under the lens is super cool though, the illusion makes it seem way deeper than possible in the cab.

I've heard it does have long ball times. I've never played one, but the lens and the lower PF does look like a really cool feature. Still a cool theme, I wish they would've actually went into full production and made more.

#67 6 years ago

Very cool. Never seen this game. I remember the movie

#68 6 years ago

Nice to see pictures of a great looking Krull.

The only Krull I've been close to was sitting in a garage, strapped to a pallet, and wrapped in clear plastic. The owner was getting some of my System 80 duplicates. He was never going to set Krull up and play it, because it was too rare. That drove me nuts. I hope he had a change of heart, and got some fun out of the game.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Biffbar:

Nice to see pictures of a great looking Krull.
The only Krull I've been close to was sitting in a garage, strapped to a pallet, and wrapped in clear plastic. The owner was getting some of my System 80 duplicates. He was never going to set Krull up and play it, because it was too rare. That drove me nuts. I hope he had a change of heart, and got some fun out of the game.

Wonder if his was the one from Ebay years back....

But to the last part of your paragraph... So what's the point of even owning it? A 20k conversation piece?

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Wonder if his was the one from Ebay years back....
But to the last part of your paragraph... So what's the point of even owning it? A 20k conversation piece?

Yeah, seems this is a collector run...
Anyway, I would like to exchange with some passionates of this game or some owners if they wanna exchange info on it.

#71 6 years ago

Hard to believe it has been 5 years since I finished that one up.
Time fly’s.

#72 6 years ago

looks fantastic. Personally I like Krulls gameplay. Mini playfield illusion is a nice touch as well. If you guys want to experience it, there is a pretty good Virtual pinball version you can install and play.

#73 6 years ago

I have seen some renewed interest in this project/game lately in my inbox.

The restore album is up there and additional it is part of the few videos I had up on YouTube at the time.
The series is open to the public I believe if not let me know but it is showing when I go there. Hopefully I can do something similar with some other interesting upcoming projects but free time is always at a premium around here.

https://m.youtube.com/user/highendpins

1 year later
#77 5 years ago

I like!
Krull thread high jacked six years later

#78 5 years ago

Thanks! I thinK I got a quality desing for both cards.

When I desired to design some quality cards for Krull pinball, I look for a Krull thread in pinside, but I didn´t find it. Your thread was the most similar to a club. If you remember, I write you for helping with size and rules description. One week later, I found this information.

I thought you will see these custom cards with pleasure and, at the same time, I would update your great thread with a notable addition. In fact, I called you in my first post.

In the moment I wrote you, I was tributing to some fantasy movie films, like Flash Gordon too for the pleasure to design. Here is my previous cards to Krull tribute:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-saviors-of-the-universe-club/page/13#post-4565271

I´m working in Robocop Csutom cards now.

Best regards

1 week later
#80 5 years ago

Funny thing is when it came out with the movie I have a CLEAR memory of playing one here in Orlando at a bowling alley....
...Everybody has told me I'm nuts...

I remember playing this at a movie theatre during the premiere as well! When I tell people they say I'm just remembering it wrong, so I'm glad to hear someone else had the same experience.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/krull-restoration-complete/page/2?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.