(Topic ID: 11844)

Krull Cabinet

By High_End_Pins

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

379.JPG
    376.JPG
    378.JPG
    375.JPG
    374.JPG
    353_G_sized.jpg
    352_G_sized.jpg
    349_G_sized.jpg
    315_G.jpg
    277_G.jpg
    270_G.jpg
    264_G.jpg
    259_G.jpg
    233_G.jpg
    228_G.jpg
    216_G.jpg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

Finally got the Krull cabinet up on legs.Should move on to the lowest playfield next .

336.JPG336.JPG 340.JPG340.JPG 343.JPG343.JPG 341.JPG341.JPG 342.JPG342.JPG

#2 12 years ago

A few more pics.

339.JPG339.JPG 338.JPG338.JPG

#3 12 years ago

Stunning!

#4 12 years ago

Awesome!!! BTW how does that Krull play??? Always wanted to play one but never got the chance.

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Awesome!!! BTW how does that Krull play??? Always wanted to play one but never got the chance.

I wish I could tell you how it plays but this one has never worked since the day it arrived.Of course that will change soon.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I wish I could tell you how it plays but this one has never worked since the day it arrived.Of course that will change soon.

When you play-test it, please take video and post it. Fantastic work.

#8 12 years ago

Beautiful job Chris, as usual!

#9 12 years ago

Wow, nice to see some detailed pics of that cab. It's looking good. I'm sure it will look good on the deck of someone's gold plated yacht too.

#10 12 years ago

As always, amazing work my friend!

#11 12 years ago

Awesome work as always, Chris

#12 12 years ago

jesus h christ.... that krull is a thing of beauty!

ive always loved the movie, even the arcade is fun to play. i have never played this pin, probably never will. looking forward to future updates on this one.

arent there only like 10 of these around?? too cool. chris

#13 12 years ago

It's.. it's.. beautiful!

#14 12 years ago

Looks fantastic!

#15 12 years ago

Brilliant! I have really enjoyed watching the videos on this too Chris, Great work!

#16 12 years ago

Stunning indeed thanks for posting the picks for us!

#17 12 years ago

I remember the pictures of the cabinet before you started the restoration. Impressive transformation to say the least.

#18 12 years ago

I've been following this one since you announced it, and it just keeps getting better and better.

That cabinet interior, if I didn't see the in-progress photos, I'd have sworn you build a new one. I can't believe the wood came out that clean.

-Hans

#19 12 years ago

I've been following this one since you announced it, and it just keeps getting better and better.
    That cabinet interior, if I didn't see the in-progress photos, I'd have sworn you build a new one. I can't believe the wood came out that clean.
    -Hans

Thanks it has been a major undertaking from everything to the cabinet to having plastics made.I look forward to completing it in the next month or two.Nearly 3 years in making.
    Here are some pics of the cabinet before and during the process.A project like this can only be tackled or presented in stages.

209_G.jpg209_G.jpg 210_G.jpg210_G.jpg 214_G.jpg214_G.jpg

#20 12 years ago

More process pics.

216_G.jpg216_G.jpg 228_G.jpg228_G.jpg 233_G.jpg233_G.jpg

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

It's a fun machine, a real shame it didn't make it into production.

Thanks for pics Chris, looking excellent.

#22 12 years ago

More process pics.Cliff notes version of course.

259_G.jpg259_G.jpg 264_G.jpg264_G.jpg 270_G.jpg270_G.jpg 277_G.jpg277_G.jpg 315_G.jpg315_G.jpg

#23 12 years ago

Wow, respect.

Keep the pinballs for the future.

#24 12 years ago

This really makes me think I need to send a pin your way! Amazing work, I hope to own a machine restored by HEP sometime soon!

#26 12 years ago

Chris- glad to see you rolling on this project. As I said before, your cabs are looking insane. Cannot wait to see the playfields.

#27 12 years ago

I get high end pins youtube video updates, and have watched all of the KRULL videos on
    my Iphone.

This guy earns every dollar that he charges for his work. The level of detail and craftsmanship
    is incredible.

If I ever decide to get my Bally ST restored I'm getting it done by High End Pins - Chris.

Bravo sir, keep the dreams alive!

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

RWH said:

Let me guess Basil?

On a side note.... I actually talked to someone whom actually owned one of these at one time. Still waiting to hear details about the gameplay and such - he also owned a Spirit at one time as well.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

arent there only like 10 of these around??

I think there only 3 that were produced.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Dr_Gonzo said:RWH said:
    Let me guess Basil?
    On a side note.... I actually talked to someone whom actually owned one of these at one time. Still waiting to hear details about the gameplay and such - he also owned a Spirit at one time as well.

You got it again, I will maybe snap a few pics tomorrow. Krull and Spirit are side by side, makes it easy on me. . I will try to get some gameplay details too, Im not very good at remembering shit though. Especially when drinking.

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

ENDOFLINE said:

arent there only like 10 of these around??
    I think there only 3 that were produced.

No there's 10.....

#32 12 years ago

Amazing work!

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

No there's 10.....

Never mind, I thought it was three.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Schusler said:

No there's 10.....
    Never mind, I thought it was three.

I apologize... doin a research on Krull on RGP and there might be only 8 or 9 left. From the RGP posts, 2 are overseas and the rest are in the states. (I *believe* all of them have been accounted for.)

#35 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Schusler said:

Let me guess Basil?
    You got it again, I will maybe snap a few pics tomorrow. Krull and Spirit are side by side, makes it easy on me. . I will try to get some gameplay details too, Im not very good at remembering shit though. Especially when drinking.

Gonzo, did Basil import his or did that one come from Texas?

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from Schusler:

Dr_Gonzo said:Schusler said:
    Let me guess Basil?

I'm fairly positive it wasn't imported, not sure where it came from. I think he knows where they all are except 1. He needs to sign up here. I mentioned your question about rules, he said he can write it up.

#37 12 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the playfield restore vids, hopefully you have plans to upload those as well Chris!

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Schusler said:

Dr_Gonzo said:Schusler said:
    Let me guess Basil?
    I'm fairly positive it wasn't imported, not sure where it came from. I think he knows where they all are except 1. He needs to sign up here. I mentioned your question about rules, he said he can write it up.

Definitely would love for him to chime in....

I 'think' i figured out the letters to spell BEAST, not sure on the little bonus display on the right though.....

I would love to see this in person. Especially how they pulled off the very lower playfield (visually speaking).

#39 12 years ago

Started the lower playfield and added more videos to capture it.Some useful info on removing wire guides in there as well.Once I finish everything I plan on making one edited well done video to run through the entire process but for now they are in sections.I put most of my time in doing the actual work and as little as possible in anything else for now.
    Final of the cabinet video

Beginning teardown of the lower playfield

Lower playfield prep

First clear application lower(also includes final on main)

Christopher Hutchins

#40 12 years ago

More progress.Focusing on the lower playfield now.Video updates as well.

349_G_sized.jpg349_G_sized.jpg 352_G_sized.jpg352_G_sized.jpg 353_G_sized.jpg353_G_sized.jpg 374.JPG374.JPG 375.JPG375.JPG 378.JPG378.JPG

#41 12 years ago

F**ing awsome, I can't say how envious I am!! Will it be for sale when done, or is it a keeper?

#42 12 years ago

your restoration work is beyond words.my question is that krull is so rare how did it get so beat to hell? anyone who knows anything about pins should have treated that pin like a new born baby imho.

#43 12 years ago

Couple more pics.Keep in mind some of the ones shown are of wet freshly applied clear so it will look thick and extremely glossy.I am including one of it once dried overnight here as well to show the difference.Videos do a better job of explaing all that.

376.JPG376.JPG 379.JPG379.JPG

#44 12 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

my question is that krull is so rare how did it get so beat to hell? anyone who knows anything about pins should have treated that pin like a new born baby imho.

Indeed! The previous owner seems to have treated it like it was James frikin Bond!!

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

F**ing awsome, I can't say how envious I am!! Will it be for sale when done, or is it a keeper?

Thank you.It is not mine but I am confident to say that it will not be for sale.

#46 12 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

your restoration work is beyond words.my question is that krull is so rare how did it get so beat to hell? anyone who knows anything about pins should have treated that pin like a new born baby imho.

This game was heavily routed.Not sure why but I think back when it was made they didn't see a lot of value in these games particularly ones they did not mass produce so it was not unusual for them to make it out on the streets..

#47 12 years ago

Couple more pics.Keep in mind some of the ones shown are of wet freshly applied clear so it will look thick and extremely glossy.

Inspirational! It makes me want to pack my job in and do the same to all my pins, instead of using all the free time I have in selling my soul to the company doing something I have no passion for for a few bucks... Your restore has life-changing potential!

#48 12 years ago

Not sure why but I think back when it was made they didn't see a lot of value in these games

I guess there was no obvious collector market back then... the net has opened up this niche collector world as far as I can tell... If it wasn't for the net, I'd have no idea anyone esle would be vaguely interested in pinball, and would have a very limited scope for finding 'em!

#49 12 years ago

Ive seen this cabinet in person and theese pictures dont come anywhere close to doing it justice. I have never seen paint work on a pin look this good.

#50 12 years ago

Couple more pics.Keep in mind some of the ones shown are of wet freshly applied clear so it will look thick and extremely glossy.I am including one of it once dried overnight here as well to show the difference.

Just out of interest, how do you get the circular marks from the lens inserts for the '5 pointed dagger' things to vanish? It it touch-up work, or did the clear somehow have an optical effect that makes such small paint blemishes vanish?? I guess it's the former... if so, the paint matching is amazing!!

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/krull-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.