Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

King of Diamonds Roto switches (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi All,

After a few weeks of working on the cosmetics of my project King of Diamonds, I've finally gotten around to getting the game to play.! It has several issues, mostly mechanical. I have come across an electrical issue (I suspect) , which needs to be addressed. The far right roto unit switch does not score. It's the switch that connects to the black wire of the ribbon cable.

Does anyone have a schematic that can trace that circuit for me?

Thanks.

#2 2 years ago

I think any of the five switches can eventually award any of the cards or points.
King of Diamonds Roto switches (resized).jpgKing of Diamonds Roto switches (resized).jpg
So if the other four switches work properly the issue is likely on the Roto Target itself. In any position you should be able to close the #5 switch (assuming that's on the right) and see the red+white (far right side of the schematic) and orange+red wires connected together with a meter. Also, the orange+red wire on the #5 switch should be directly connected to one side of one of the target or rollover switches.

/Mark

#3 2 years ago

thanks mark

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kod-roto-unit-switch-mnot-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.