Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Knockout-Work-02 (resized).jpg
0Knockout-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Yet another new issue with this game. I had it working last week except for some problems with the rollover targets sticking. I took the playfield off to make adjustments to them, put the playfield back and connected everything. Now when I hit the start button or try to get the game to start through the switches nothing happens. I’m stumped and so is my tech buddy.

#2 4 years ago

Only simple thing I can think of is the Hold relay.

Have had games that won't start and I just manually flicked the hold relay to open.

#3 4 years ago

Fuse blew
No credits or not set to free play
Playfield Jones Plugs need cleaning/seating

#4 4 years ago

Jones plug not in correct position
Wire harness snagged on a relay

#5 4 years ago

Did it work before you took playfield out? Pinched wire?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Sennap1:

Knockout won’t start.

It just seems somehow appropriate to me...that Knockout has been knocked out.

#7 4 years ago

Everything worked before I checked all the fuses and replaced them. Tried releasing the hold relay manually still nothing. After having it on for awhile I checked the temperature of the solenoids and 4 of them we’re getting very hot, so I shut the game off and called it a day.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Sennap1:

Everything worked before I checked all the fuses and replaced them.

Bally fuse holders are notoriously crappy. Check that closely.

#9 4 years ago

Fuse holder has already been replaced and power is getting to machine. One other thing I can’t even get the game to start by manually moving the score motor

#10 4 years ago

How about if you manually engage the Lock relay? I think that should start it.

#11 4 years ago

Manually engaging the lock relay doesn’t work either

#12 4 years ago

Did you give the Jones plugs a good look?

#13 4 years ago

When you manually engaged the lock relay does the machine light up?

#14 4 years ago

Does it have a bridge rectifier? If so, try replacing; they're only about $5.

#15 4 years ago

Do you have lights? IF yes
Check to see if you are in tilt mode.
If no, confirm you are getting power.

If you have the schematic, can you take a post a snap shot of the start up (the motor and coin mech) and power circuits (around the transformer and fuses).

#16 4 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#17 4 years ago

No news on this issue from my end. Checked everything that i got advice on to no avail. Cleaned and reinserted jones plugs checked all relays and fuses nothing gets the game to start. I have power to playfield lights and switches. There doesn’t appear to be anyway to get the game to reset and start. Could it be a bad coil?

#18 4 years ago

Operate the coin relay by hand. Does the game reset?

#19 4 years ago

Hi Sennap1
do You want "troubleshoot from the very beginning" ?
I found a (hard to read) part of the schematics here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-knockout-will-not-start#post-4218165 --- see my JPGs - I have taken from there - we may later discuss the JPGs.
From the very beginning - see here http://www.backglass.org/williams/kordek_archives/introduction_to_bally_flipper_games_blue_cover_100.pdf on page-24 (ori-20) the drawing of the Game-Over-Relay, Interlock-Relay. TWO armatures are mounted - we can actuate "back" - and we can actuate "forth". Toggle off Your Knockout pin, unplug the main power cord (Safety Reasons). Try manually on the Game-Over-Relay this actuate "back", actuate "forth" --- see both states are stable (?) See on page-24 (ori-20) the "Latch-Armature" is hooked-in into an Nylon-Ladder (and switchblades are also hooked-in into the Nylon-Ladder) - the "Trip-Armature" IS NOT HOOKED-IN INTO an Nylon-Ladder.
When You press on the "Latch-Armature" You do "Latch the Game-Over-Relay" --- when You press the "Trip-Armature" You do "Trip the Game-Over-Relay". Do this latching and tripping several times. End with pressing the "Latch-Armature" (latching the relay).
Plug-in the main power cord - WATCH the Game-Over-Relay as You toggle-on the main power switch --- as You toggle-on the main power switch the Relay MUST actuate - it MUST TRIP - does it in Your pin ? Greetings Rolf

0Knockout-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Knockout-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Knockout-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Knockout-Work-02 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/knockout-wont-start?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.