11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Marten
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

41oRVRzUX0L._AA1009_[1].jpg
    #1 11 years ago

I'm thinking about modifying the knocker on my machines to use one of these. Does anyone know if the gunsmoke will damage the electronics? Also, do they make these in semi-auto?

41oRVRzUX0L._AA1009_[1].jpg41oRVRzUX0L._AA1009_[1].jpg

#2 11 years ago

Funny, but I think that the corrosive nature of gunpowder would be a problem in the machine. How about a giant helium tank that opens into a whoopee cushion until it bursts? May have to mount that outside the machine!

#3 11 years ago

sledge hammer would be better

#4 11 years ago

How about a nice electric jackhammer that is turned one via a relay in place of the knocker? Maybe just have it aimed at the coin door and you can rest your "junk" against the door when that special is getting ready to come around. That will get your attention.

You are not serious about doing this, right? I am sure you can find a movie prop gun that will only fire blanks that is semi-auto.

I doubt it is corrosive. I think the ramsets and most all blanks use regular smokeless powder which is not corrosive, it was the primer that was corrosive and if the stuff is reasonable new manufactured especially in the US the primer will not be corrosive.

If in doubt, fire it into a pile of random steel and copper metal bits and see if they corrode in a few days.

Honestly my best worry beyond the mechanical damage from the pressure blast to your machine is the damage to your hearing, these things are really loud in a small room without ear plugs.

#5 11 years ago

Would be cool for a Russian roulette re-theme

#6 11 years ago

I'm not serious, partly because if they made a semi-auto it would be too expensive, but I love me a good loud knocker.

#7 11 years ago

So does anybody have any tricks for a good loud knocker? For real.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

So does anybody have any tricks for a good loud knocker? For real.

Try moving it a bit closer to where it hits. Fixed a weak knocker on my TZ. Now it makes me jump when it goes off.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/knocker-mod-really-loud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.