Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by FUNWIZ
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).png
    #2 8 years ago

Nice work. Looks awesome!

#3 8 years ago

WHAT??????? That's freaking amazing!!!!!

#4 8 years ago

Pretty freakin sweet.....we're gonna need some more details on this.

#5 8 years ago

FANTASTIC! I have two dream themes - Masters Of The Universe & original Knight Rider...this has been been beautifully executed! The integration of KIT into the playfield is world class. Congrats!!
    Cheers Rod

#6 8 years ago

Love it! The world was missing a Knight Rider pinball for sure.

#7 8 years ago

Wow wow wow! This is incredible! Love the lighting effects! Congrats on an absolute grand slam re-theme!

#8 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments! This is a 'worn to the wood' firepower 2 re-theme. The game play is unchanged other than reworking the lower vertical scoring lights into the Kitt voice display. I used mp3 triggers for the sounds, and built the backbox scanner light from scratch using a cheap Chinese controller.

#9 8 years ago

I love Firepower 2. This is just that much better.

#10 8 years ago

I decided to use this title because it seems to get no love online, but it is a fun game! Plus it's from 1983, during the shows run, so I worked the williams logos into it so it would feel like it was an actual released game.

#11 8 years ago

Awesome! How do the mp3 triggers work?

#14 8 years ago

Congrats in a BIG way on this!!! Love the carbon fiber look.
    Mike

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Awesome! How do the mp3 triggers work?

The mp3 triggers are fairly simple. You load files on a micro SD card and assign them to each trigger.

#16 8 years ago

Best Retheme Ever!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#17 8 years ago

This is awesome!!! I'll take one!

#18 8 years ago

Wow that looks and sounds fantastic! Well done!

What technique did you use to print the playfield art? I'm planning a retheme as well and trying to decide if I want to do the playfield overlay with clear vinyl (would require painting most of playfield white) or white backed vinyl (requires cutting out the insert after printing to let light shine through).

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

Wow that looks and sounds fantastic! Well done!
    What technique did you use to print the playfield art? I'm planning a retheme as well and trying to decide if I want to do the playfield overlay with clear vinyl (would require painting most of playfield white) or white backed vinyl (requires cutting out the insert after printing to let light shine through).

I used adhesive vinyl laser printer paper, and individually made each decal. PAIN IN THE BUTT! Plus I had issues with them laying down under the clear. If I do another re-theme I will learn how to do a full scan and make one large overlay.

#20 8 years ago

Holy $#:* that is so cool!!!

#21 8 years ago

Awesome!!!

#22 8 years ago

That is my dream theme and you did an amazing job with it

#23 8 years ago

When can I pre-order one? Very well done!! Thanks for showing it.

#24 8 years ago

Fun idea executed very nicely!! I adored this show growing up......was surprised to see KIT lights strobing across the bottom of the back box....in a good way of course

I could listen to that theme song all day. Good stuff man!!!!

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from mattbot:

The mp3 triggers are fairly simple. You load files on a micro SD card and assign them to each trigger.

So is this just a PinSound board?

#26 8 years ago

Very nicely done!

#27 8 years ago

That is freak'n awesome.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

So is this just a PinSound board?

No, go to robertsonics.com
    They are fairly cheap, and easy for someone who is not a computer wiz.

#30 8 years ago

That rocks man.

#31 8 years ago

Amazing!!! Let me know when you want to sell it!

#33 8 years ago

You did an awesome job!

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

You did an awesome job?

You're questioning whether or not he did an awesome job?

There is an edit button if that's not what you meant.

#35 8 years ago

OMG when the light came on in the toy car I almost shite myself--WONDERFUL!!!

#36 8 years ago

Great Job. Awesome theme. Can't believe they didn't do one back then! Why?!! I still have my original KITT talking car toy and Michael Knight action figure from Christmas 1984. Love it.

#37 8 years ago

#38 8 years ago

Love what you did with the sounds and the kitt display built into playfield. Spot on. Great job overall! Theme is perfect for pinball.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Starwriter:

You're questioning whether or not he did an awesome job?
    There is an edit button if that's not what you meant.

Sorry man i was posting from my phone, you can put the pitchfork away now, just a mistake, Knight Rider was one of my favorite shows as a kid. One of these days I would like to find a beat up pin and do something like this.

#40 8 years ago

Nice I have a Firepower II and is one of my favorite games. I would like to see what happens when you make the loop of the spinner and the ball makes it back around through the gate when all of the lights go out. What sounds and do you have happening for it?

#41 8 years ago

Very well done! One of my favorite shows as a kid.

3 years later
    #42 4 years ago

This is for sale on eBay!

#43 4 years ago

I saw it first! LOL Wish it was closer, I'd love to play it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/knight-rider-re-theme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.