Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-17 (resized).jpg
CAF88B00-9AB1-481D-B53F-9DBBFFDF9B4D (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

So, I’m shopping this Vector for a client and found not 1 but 2 of these red guys! Anyone find more than one on your machines before?
I’ve managed to find them in all of the games they are supposed to be in that I own. Never found more than 1 though!

CAF88B00-9AB1-481D-B53F-9DBBFFDF9B4D (resized).jpegCAF88B00-9AB1-481D-B53F-9DBBFFDF9B4D (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from tompallc:

So, I’m shopping this Vector for a client and found not 1 but 2 of these red guys! Anyone find more than one on your machines before?
I’ve managed to find them in all of the games they are supposed to be in that I own. Never found more than 1 though!
[quoted image]

What’s the story behind Kmiec posts? I’ve got a lot of his games and don’t recall seeing them.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from tompallc:

[quoted image]

Those red bingo posts were not put there by the factory.

Bally was already out of the bingo post stock by the time they did Vector

The single red post on Vector should be a translucent red beehive, next to the flipper (you have a metal skinny post in that position because of the giant flipper).

Your two red bingo posts should be 2 metal skinny posts for a total of 3 (the third being behind the bent wire lane guide behind flipper). No nail from factory.

You should also put a 2" flipper bat in place of the 3" one currently installed in the pic - your client and drop targets will thank you.
image-17 (resized).jpgimage-17 (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the info Vid. I’ve already put some feelers out there for playfield pics, especially under the plastics because of all the weird shrapnel holding this game together. I’ve also found 3 drywall screws in various places. I’m tearing it down right now.

So what was the last game the solid red bingo posts were slipped in? Paragon?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from tompallc:

So what was the last game the solid red bingo posts were slipped in? Paragon?

I believe it's Xenon (next to the #1 rollover ), but don't quote me on that

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from tompallc:

Thanks for the info Vid. I’ve already put some feelers out there for playfield pics, especially under the plastics because of all the weird shrapnel holding this game together.

I can upload all the teardown pics if you need them - I just have to find them.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those red bingo posts were not put there by the factory.
Bally was already out of the bingo post stock by the time they did Vector
The single red post on Vector should be a translucent red beehive, next to the flipper (you have a metal skinny post in that position because of the giant flipper).
Your two red bingo posts should be 2 metal skinny posts for a total of 3 (the third being behind the bent wire lane guide behind flipper). No nail from factory.
You should also put a 2" flipper bat in place of the 3" one currently installed in the pic - your client and drop targets will thank you.
[quoted image]

As far as I’ve seen tearing down my City Slicker, that game does not have the classic post anywhere. They’re all red. Bally was too broke for Easter eggs!

I have a Ro Go that was allegedly untouched and judging by the condition was probably never serviced. I’ll check that one.
The Breakshot trivia was awesome!
I’m a huge fan of Kmiec layouts, I didn’t realize till I had 4 or 5 of his games and realized they all had the same name on them!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I can upload all the teardown pics if you need them - I just have to find them.

That would be very helpful Vid! Thanks.

#10 3 years ago

I planned on paying respect to Kmiec by putting in a red post up top in the arch of my xenon during my resto but I was going to use a red finned post since I don’t have a true Kmiec post. Anyone carry these or is it a hunt on eBay kind of post?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I planned on paying respect to Kmiec by putting in a red post up top in the arch of my xenon during my resto but I was going to use a red finned post since I don’t have a true Kmiec post. Anyone carry these or is it a hunt on eBay kind of post?

Answered my own question. Found one on eBay.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from tompallc:

That would be very helpful Vid! Thanks.

Does any of the original schematics identify where the Kmiec post should be?

#13 3 years ago

Bally does not even show all the rubbers, let alone the secret red post...

#14 3 years ago

Cool story never knew this and been collecting 30 years

#15 3 years ago

Just checked and can verify, at least from my findings, both City Slicker and Ro Go do not have the Kmiec Red Post or a special off-color post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

2,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kmiec-red-posts- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.