Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Anony
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002E2B11-3F54-46CF-984F-8F25FB9E7A7C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    2BC5D361-07F0-48AD-ADB4-DA19118C73CC (resized).jpeg
    0334400F-9F4E-4A4B-98EE-D641FFCA0008 (resized).png
    0334400F-9F4E-4A4B-98EE-D641FFCA0008 (resized).png
    2FAEF5B3-A260-4A36-8AA8-B3B9881EBA49 (resized).png
    pretend-shocked.gif
    5C9B262F-F57C-4950-AC8B-17B771B99843 (resized).jpeg
    4E968C62-0147-4461-9C46-07F6D91C4CFC (resized).jpeg
    20220821_175039.jpg
    117033B3-F62E-4C65-BE8D-F4DC16427F81 (resized).jpeg
    cdc (resized).jpeg
    6414A31B-1BBB-4652-ACDC-5F17AC4204DD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinCup:

Why would anyone send off money for a game they have not seen? This is how you get scammed, Dumas! Don't do that, ever. Never ever.
    A super rare title you have to have?!? Then go get it, today. Scammers will make excuses why you can't see it/ buy it today.
    I have found 99% of guys with a "Warehouse full of games" are gigantic assholes selling junk that you should avoid completely.
    If you sent him cash, you paid your stupid tax. You'll get pity this time.
    Next time you'll be met with robust gut laughter, pointing and mocking.
    -PC

Pretty sure as a dealer you are going to want to protect yourself from chargebacks so might I ask what payment methods you accept?

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Yeah his list was the "who's who" of arcade games. And he priced them at bargain prices so you had collectors picking up multiple games. Who the hell wires over 20K for games sight unseen and from someone they don't know personally?
    Also this whole concept of victim shaming is ridiculous. This is a complete lack of common sense. Common sense was the victim here.

Issue is multiple people (including myself) asked/vetted the guy beforehand.

Steve even forwarded me to a well known collector that also vouched for him.

This is something people don't get. Many people on HERE on THIS SITE do the same thing because they don't want chargebacks, so in reverse now everyone says go get the games use PayPal regular or credit cards, etc?

Issue is no one wants to get screwed, so even with all the signs I asked many people beforehand.

Now I am out 3 of the games but I didn't spent nearly as much as others did. I will still say if the community people did not vouch for him beforehand I would have never went through with the Zelle transfer. I don't do that unless I know people. Plenty of people with reputable reputations do that.

Guess what, I am a business, and I ask for PayPal FNF and Zelle and Venmo and I have not scammed anyone. The hypocrisy here and victim blaming is astounding. Either the buyer or seller will always have advantage in any situations. It is never "fair" for both unless there is Escrow.

#86 1 year ago

Also people aren't buying these to "flex", are you kidding me?

I bought 3 of the games to put in a public arcade. The irony is a pinside person telling someone that when you already know the same shit and worse comes from rare and classic pinball buyers. lol

Victim blaming/shaming when literally if you were selling something yourselves what payment method would you want? Cash on the glass only (restricted to local) or you will want something to avoid scams as the seller. Venmo/Paypal fnf etc, then what? People go on your past transactions, etc. This wasn't someone out of the blue. Regardless of the dude's attitude he had never been known to be scammy and he had the money to buy and has sold before to people and they got their games. Not sure how hard that was to understand why people did it regardless of what people see as outsiders and they didn't purchase these.

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why?
    It happens in pinball all the time, you've had a front row seat.
    Just seems like a run of the mill folks-shoulda-known-better arcade game scam to me. Sadly not too out of the ordinary.
    But hey it's really, really important that someone points out a dozen times that they should have known better. And also that collecting video games is silly, unlike collecting pinball machines.

Funny thing is the guy also sold a lot of high end pinball machines and scammed on that as well. So the arcade whiner who went and paid "cash" for his Buck Hunter game can fuck all the way off.

Escrow. Rofl you going to ask Tilt Amusements for fucking escrow? Really? GTFO

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

If people would just think for 2 minutes, they probably would not have got scammed. Hard to feel sorry for "victim's" when its clearly in your face this is a scam. I mean, who in there right mind would buy anything based on those pics?
    Nobody, hard lesson to learn and it really sucks sometimes.

Already tried to say this but no one read it.

Many people vouched for the guy, he has spent a lot of money and had sold transactions with people picking up games.

Literally same shit as here when you vet someone.

Are you telling me pictures make the case? Really? I have seen people with crazy amazing pictures scamming for days.

People stood up for this dude and he had no prior issues.

Like I said before, if you have not dealt with someone on pinside before and they want xxx payment either you pass or find out if he was reputable.

Well, this guy was reputable, until he wasn't.

See it is easy to say this was easy to avoid but in reality if people didn't back the dude and the guy didn't name drop people who I even CALLED AND SPOKE TO VOUCHING FOR THE GUY I would not have bought anything.

Still ridiculous people blaming victims here on this shit. You literally all will want a payment method the same way to avoid chargebacks or cash only in person. Not one person here does that for everything.

#267 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

He didn't have a good reputation, he was unknown. The problem was the few people who has SOLD him games back when he was buying like crazy (crypto boom) are the ones who vouched, no one who had ever bought anything from him chimed in.

I spoke to people.who bought and have dealt with him and people local who have been to his place.

Assumption is that most of his good stuff is probably at his house.

He sent 3 things out to two different people yesterday so that is a start.

#270 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Read the whole thread. It’s amazing the money people send for games sight unseen and are surprised when they are scammed. I believe that this was planned and the fire was deliberately started and that the games are sitting in another warehouse somewhere. Just my two cents.

No sign of arson believe it or not. Fire marshal already confirmed. It is puzzling to be honest.

He did send pics, albeit bad ones and I think a combination of inexperience and incompetence with how to conduct business with the assumption everyone was going to be ok waiting on these was ridiculous.

I don't see how he expected to be able to sell stuff to recover funds when no one has their other stuff...it's mind boggling.

Right now he has sent 3 games. So again, a start

2 weeks later
    #354 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Updates are slow but it sounds like 4 games have shipped out now but none have been received.
    Steve claimed 10 more are coming but STI said they hadn't heard anything.
    Steve also said he can't return people's money like he wants to because his bank account is locked due to fraud claims, but one user's bank said they can't pull the refund because his balance is $0
    And of course the insurance adjuster is coming to do an assessment "next week". I have a feeling it's going to be "next week" for the next few months but we shall see.

He said STI and Michelle are lying and he is going to sue her and them.

He said he is going to sue me and others for making comments in these forums because he can't sell his wares.

Then he said my games are being shipped Tues but claimed he is going to sue for a million dollars for defamation and I will have to settle for 30K.

I have no refund and no games.

Intent to ship vs shipping are two different things. Everything is just deflection.

Even if he finally sends the stuff it was because of all the warnings on here affecting his business or other business (grow?) that he has.

Some people froze his account, I have no idea who, but because I "said" people are going to sue him he thinks I knew/know who and wants to sue me.

You can't even make this stuff up at this point.

1 week later
    #363 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

The blasted arrived and it actually does look like it was in a fire. Surprising, but I guess there's still the chance that it was an insurance scam and he burned up a bunch of shitty cabinets. It's looking less likely that was the case though. I guess the guy is just a shit head but not necessarily a straight up scammer. All he had to do was be a little apologetic and show some evidence and it would have been a non-issue.

He is at 2+ months and he won't let people get the machines or have them picked up. So I disagree.

#364 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

BINGO.....this all happened as part of the scam. Sell multiples of each individual game, delay, delay and delay and then they magically catch fire.

the pics he had of games on the truck is a big misfire. So those suddenly were off the truck vs going to sti? He had roof issues that is why they were in there. Not because he was bringing to sti supposedly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DreamTR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klov-community-scam?tu=DreamTR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.