Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Anony
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002E2B11-3F54-46CF-984F-8F25FB9E7A7C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    2BC5D361-07F0-48AD-ADB4-DA19118C73CC (resized).jpeg
    0334400F-9F4E-4A4B-98EE-D641FFCA0008 (resized).png
    0334400F-9F4E-4A4B-98EE-D641FFCA0008 (resized).png
    2FAEF5B3-A260-4A36-8AA8-B3B9881EBA49 (resized).png
    pretend-shocked.gif
    5C9B262F-F57C-4950-AC8B-17B771B99843 (resized).jpeg
    4E968C62-0147-4461-9C46-07F6D91C4CFC (resized).jpeg
    20220821_175039.jpg
    117033B3-F62E-4C65-BE8D-F4DC16427F81 (resized).jpeg
    cdc (resized).jpeg
    6414A31B-1BBB-4652-ACDC-5F17AC4204DD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This guy Steve sounds like a total mongoloid.

#352 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On behalf on Mongols everywhere, THIS is what they sound like:

#353 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I googled the term mongoloid and two stock photos came up. One to describe a race of people known as the mongols. And the other describing a person with Down syndrome. Which one is Steve?

4E968C62-0147-4461-9C46-07F6D91C4CFC (resized).jpeg4E968C62-0147-4461-9C46-07F6D91C4CFC (resized).jpeg5C9B262F-F57C-4950-AC8B-17B771B99843 (resized).jpeg5C9B262F-F57C-4950-AC8B-17B771B99843 (resized).jpeg
    #354 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Updates are slow but it sounds like 4 games have shipped out now but none have been received.
    Steve claimed 10 more are coming but STI said they hadn't heard anything.
    Steve also said he can't return people's money like he wants to because his bank account is locked due to fraud claims, but one user's bank said they can't pull the refund because his balance is $0
    And of course the insurance adjuster is coming to do an assessment "next week". I have a feeling it's going to be "next week" for the next few months but we shall see.

He said STI and Michelle are lying and he is going to sue her and them.

He said he is going to sue me and others for making comments in these forums because he can't sell his wares.

Then he said my games are being shipped Tues but claimed he is going to sue for a million dollars for defamation and I will have to settle for 30K.

I have no refund and no games.

Intent to ship vs shipping are two different things. Everything is just deflection.

Even if he finally sends the stuff it was because of all the warnings on here affecting his business or other business (grow?) that he has.

Some people froze his account, I have no idea who, but because I "said" people are going to sue him he thinks I knew/know who and wants to sue me.

You can't even make this stuff up at this point.

#355 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So eloquent !! And spot on. You should write for the New Yorker.

#356 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

reeeeeeeeeeee

Quoted from DreamTR:

He said STI and Michelle are lying and he is going to sue her and them.
    He said he is going to sue me and others for making comments in these forums because he can't sell his wares.
    Then he said my games are being shipped Tues but claimed he is going to sue for a million dollars for defamation and I will have to settle for 30K.
    I have no refund and no games.
    Intent to ship vs shipping are two different things. Everything is just deflection.
    Even if he finally sends the stuff it was because of all the warnings on here affecting his business or other business (grow?) that he has.
    Some people froze his account, I have no idea who, but because I "said" people are going to sue him he thinks I knew/know who and wants to sue me.
    You can't even make this stuff up at this point.

Goddamn it I hate that people got royally fucked over this because this Steven character is truly entertaining to gawk at.

#357 1 year ago

The blasted arrived and it actually does look like it was in a fire. Surprising, but I guess there's still the chance that it was an insurance scam and he burned up a bunch of shitty cabinets. It's looking less likely that was the case though. I guess the guy is just a shit head but not necessarily a straight up scammer. All he had to do was be a little apologetic and show some evidence and it would have been a non-issue.

#358 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

The blasted arrived and it actually does look like it was in a fire. Surprising, but I guess there's still the chance that it was an insurance scam and he burned up a bunch of shitty cabinets. It's looking less likely that was the case though. I guess the guy is just a shit head but not necessarily a straight up scammer. All he had to do was be a little apologetic and show some evidence and it would have been a non-issue.

Could be that the fire was caused by his own incompetence with his weed growing project and the insurance company's findings resulted in non-payment so he decided to keep everyone's money as a way to get paid for his losses.

#359 1 year ago

Quoted from Anony:

Don't let him off the hook that easy. He had weeks to ship games before any of this stuff happened and kept pushing off the shippers who where there to pick up games. Showed pics of games that were loaded up and supposedly shipping but didn't. Strung people along that whole time before the fire, and then oopsie, magically a fire happened. Nah. This wasn't just a simpleton asshole who had an unfortunate accident, and even if it was, theres no excuse for it being as bad as it was.

#360 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Don't let him off the hook that easy. He had weeks to ship games before any of this stuff happened and kept pushing off the shippers who where there to pick up games. Showed pics of games that were loaded up and supposedly shipping but didn't. Strung people along that whole time before the fire, and then oopsie, magically a fire happened. Nah. This wasn't just a simpleton asshole who had an unfortunate accident, and even if it was, theres no excuse for it being as bad as it was.

Yeah good point, I forgot about the lies and delays that happened before the fire. Does seem awfully convenient, especially since he spent all of the money so fast.

#361 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Love it.. and across the pond they might just say he’s a Wanker.

#362 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

BINGO.....this all happened as part of the scam. Sell multiples of each individual game, delay, delay and delay and then they magically catch fire.

#363 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

He is at 2+ months and he won't let people get the machines or have them picked up. So I disagree.

#364 1 year ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

BINGO.....this all happened as part of the scam. Sell multiples of each individual game, delay, delay and delay and then they magically catch fire.

the pics he had of games on the truck is a big misfire. So those suddenly were off the truck vs going to sti? He had roof issues that is why they were in there. Not because he was bringing to sti supposedly.

1 week later
    #365 1 year ago

Some updates if anyone still cares

I spoke to him 2 days ago about when my games would be ready and then ship. As I have been seeing the pics of games as they get cleaned off and ready. One of my games is ready, but the others are not yet. He said this is kinda the way it is happening for each person for right now till he gets more ready. And he doesn't want to ship partial shipments as that's just not efficient, or have Beltmann come there for only a few games and at that all being partial shipments to multiple people. So he is waiting to ship this next shipment until the truck can be filled with complete shipments to at least a few people. Hence - be patient please.

It seems odd considering the shippers go to alleged partner and confirmed person in the same area Kris's place to get games often. The shippers also don't care if they are picking up a full load of games or a few, they come every week regardless

We have all seen the approximately 100 photos taken by the fire department, the games never got close to a flame or any water. The fire department didn’t even use water to put out the fire, it was contained to a single table of small marijuana plants and the only damage could be from smoke and maybe a little melted black plastic from the plastic pots that burned.

Also, many of the games that people paid for are NOT in the photos the fire department took, meaning they weren’t in the warehouse where the fire happened.
    Why haven’t those games shipped a month and a half ago?

So far still the only game to show up seems to be the Blasted from a few weeks ago. Supposedly one more game is being delivered today. Strange that hes concerned about filling up trucks but has seemingly shipped 2 games by themselves so far. Other games have been promised to be shipped but haven't, apparently due to reasons above. It should be noted, I have not seen the fire pictures and they have not been publicly posted to my knowledge.

#366 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

It seems odd considering the shippers go to alleged partner and confirmed person in the same area Kris's place to get games often. The shippers also don't care if they are picking up a full load of games or a few, they come every week regardless

So far still the only game to show up seems to be the Blasted from a few weeks ago. Supposedly one more game is being delivered today. Strange that hes concerned about filling up trucks but has seemingly shipped 2 games by themselves so far. Other games have been promised to be shipped but haven't, apparently due to reasons above. It should be noted, I have not seen the fire pictures and they have not been publicly posted to my knowledge.

Do you know how many people are still hopeful that this can actually come through? This has been stated over and over again I’m sure but that is another reason why I always put cash on glass and nothing less. From the update you provided I would feel gutted if I have to sit back and listen to a few people who may have insights

#367 1 year ago
    Quoted from zermeno68:

Do you know how many people are still hopeful that this can actually come through? This has been stated over and over again I’m sure but that is another reason why I always put cash on glass and nothing less. From the update you provided I would feel gutted if I have to sit back and listen to a few people who may have insights

Theres not a lot of people chiming in. The few that do seem to be hopeful that something will happen as long as they are patient and follow Steve's crazy demands and also get lucky. It seems more and more like a fools errand. It seems several of the buyers have litigation in the works but they are keeping quiet for the most part. It seems kind of doubtful that law enforcement wants to do anything about it and there isn't much blood to be squeezed from that stone either. Really its a lose lose for everyone but Steve

#368 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Thanks for the update. This is a fascinating story.

#369 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Theres not a lot of people chiming in. The few that do seem to be hopeful that something will happen as long as they are patient and follow Steve's crazy demands and also get lucky. It seems more and more like a fools errand. It seems several of the buyers have litigation in the works but they are keeping quiet for the most part. It seems kind of doubtful that law enforcement wants to do anything about it and there isn't much blood to be squeezed from that stone either. Really its a lose lose for everyone but Steve

I wonder how many involved are 'big fish'... meaning people that were talked into larger bulk buys as a way to get the $$$ amount up. Instead of 100 people at $1k... get 10 people at 20k... kind of thing.

#370 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I wonder how many involved are 'big fish'... meaning people that were talked into larger bulk buys as a way to get the $$$ amount up. Instead of 100 people at $1k... get 10 people at 20k... kind of thing.

quite a few people if not most of the people were in for several games, and most of these games were not cheap

#371 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I know one guy spent 10k and only recieved that Blasted cabinet with the soot on it so far.

The Journey showed up to another buyer finally too. It was part of the 4 games that "shipped" before the fire happened or just after or I don't know. Part of the "distraction 4" as the games are starting to be called. The Journey looks nice at first glace but has a lot of issues. Kind of the same with the Blasted. Its unclear but its believed the Journey came from Kris's collection and not Steve's even though they "don't work together" Very VERY fishy.

Still no word on anything else moving or shipping out of Steves warehouse.

#372 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I know one guy spent 10k and only recieved that Blasted cabinet with the soot on it so far.
    The Journey showed up to another buyer finally too. It was part of the 4 games that "shipped" before the fire happened or just after or I don't know. Part of the "distraction 4" as the games are starting to be called. The Journey looks nice at first glace but has a lot of issues. Kind of the same with the Blasted. Its unclear but its believed the Journey came from Kris's collection and not Steve's even though they "don't work together" Very VERY fishy.
    Still no word on anything else moving or shipping out of Steves warehouse.

Yeah It looks like the Journey came from the other guy's collection which is why it doesn't appear to have been in a fire at all.
    My understanding is that they both share the property but have different warehouses and collections. They're obviously partners or something.

It also appears that people are turning on each other already. Someone complained that another user ratted on them to Steven to try and get in his good graces and move up the list... pretty lame.

#373 1 year ago

I feel very fortunate not to be caught up in this mess. At the time it was going down, the seller had a dream game of mine that was on his available list “Kozmik Krooz’r”. That is a very rare game. While I was on the hunt, a second Kozmik Krooz’r showed up in Colorado. That seller undercut dead beat Steve. I jumped at the Colorado game and was very pleased when it arrived safely and in good shape. I could have been just as easily disappointed and scammed like so many others. I would like to think that I would have known better but you never know for sure. People were vouching for him and in the beginning he did seem legitimate.

#374 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

No wonder GWJ couldnt land any whales!

#375 1 year ago

I continue to keep up with both the threads on KLOV. I shake my head in disbelief on how these poor bastards who got taken by this Steve guy believe if they behave themselves somehow their games are going to magically appear. It might just be me, but I would be organizing a small militia with trucks and paying Stevie Boy a personal visit. Good grief the scam is SO obvious.

#376 1 year ago

Apparently a few people have offered to come pick up their games personally and Steve refuses... quite fishy

#377 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Apparently a few people have offered to come pick up their games personally and Steve refuses... quite fishy

pretend-shocked.gifpretend-shocked.gif

#378 1 year ago

Is Klov kinda the go to place for classic arcade info? or is there an alternative? Was never able to create an account I could post from on there. Just looking for info on a somewhat rare game I have, and I didn’t see much info on klov when I checked a while ago

#379 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cruster:

Is Klov kinda the go to place for classic arcade info? or is there an alternative? Was never able to create an account I could post from on there. Just looking for info on a somewhat rare game I have, and I didn’t see much info on klov when I checked a while ago

KLOV is the biggest by far. I am curious on what game you are trying to research? The KLOV website is a hot mess but there is good info if you know where to look.

#380 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cruster:

Is Klov kinda the go to place for classic arcade info?

Yes. I'm not sure why you weren't able to create an account. What game is it? You are sure to find others on the forums with info about it.

#381 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cruster:

What game is this that you're selling? I can help you with your account. PM me.

#382 1 year ago

Saurian Front is the game. I’ve seen a few minor info things around on it. I’ve never seen one sell anyplace.

#383 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes. I'm not sure why you weren't able to create an account. What game is it? You are sure to find others on the forums with info about it.

I would bet it's not creating the account, but being required to donate or get a nod from another user to be able to post, that shut them down.

#384 1 year ago

Imagine antagonizing the people that got screwed over if the fire was real... how bizarre.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #385 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Imagine antagonizing the people that got screwed over if the fire was real... how bizarre.
    [quoted image]

Thats all he does is antagonize. Hes a real dirtbag. Only 3 of the 6 games that were supposed to be leaving are actually shipping (apparently because thats all that will fit on the truck) meanwhile he won't let anyone come pick up games in person. I can't believe he's just getting away with all of this

#386 1 year ago

Cash on the glass... only way I deal... would have saved a lot of people a lot of money. I have only ever shipped one game from California to MD. Had him take lots of pics. Specific ones to make sure he had the game. I feel bad for people who lost money. But if I was buying something that rare or expensive I would want to see it with my own eyes.

#387 1 year ago

The guy is human garbage.

#388 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lathroum:

Cash on the glass... only way I deal... would have saved a lot of people a lot of money. I have only ever shipped one game from California to MD. Had him take lots of pics. Specific ones to make sure he had the game. I feel bad for people who lost money. But if I was buying something that rare or expensive I would want to see it with my own eyes.

Sounds like he had a lot of rare stuff which is one way to get people to go outside of their typical comfort zone. Also his history on the site seemed to make it seem like he was more trustworthy than he was. It's not like he was a random showing up with rares, he had some history showing he obtained the games in the past. Either this was a long con or he is a shit head who ran into some financial troubles and decided to start double and triple selling games with intent to try and weasel out of sending anything to anyone.

#389 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lathroum:

Quoted from Anony:

Sounds like he had a lot of rare stuff which is one way to get people to go outside of their typical comfort zone. Also his history on the site seemed to make it seem like he was more trustworthy than he was. It's not like he was a random showing up with rares, he had some history showing he obtained the games in the past. Either this was a long con or he is a shit head who ran into some financial troubles and decided to start double and triple selling games with intent to try and weasel out of sending anything to anyone.

Exactlty this. Of course cash on the glass is the best and smartest way, but some of these titles you just can't get. He was supposedly a good guy and vetted and people threw out all common sense in order to secure some of these ultra rare games. Not seeing them in person, paying with wire transfer, ect. Even when the deal first started, there was plenty of people who were weary of going that route and plenty of people who simply didn't because it went against all the normal rules. But for every person who didn't want to roll the dice, there was someone else there to get in line. Obviously it didn't work out this time, but if it had I'm sure a lot of people would be upset they missed out on their chance to own some of these. So yeah, it seems silly or dumb or whatever you want to call it, but I can understand how and why it happened.

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Either this was a long con or he is a shit head who ran into some financial troubles and decided to start double and triple selling games with intent to try and weasel out of sending anything to anyone.

I think this was some kind of long con attempt that failed miserably and he got caught very quickly with his hand reaching in to the cookie jar. I don't think he realized that he was trying to con a people group that contains very well-to-do type folks who are also very resourceful and can swing a big hammer well beyond their hometown. He lashes out in that childish way as a way to feign power/control of a situation that has overtaken him and he knows he's screwed; like a chihuahua barking at you while backing up with every step you take towards him. He thinks he's buying time with all this slow shipping of these very few games, but he knows the walls are closing in, so again, he lashes out.

Hopefully those who got screwed on KLOV keep the pressure on and follow through with their legal action. They may never ge their money back, but if he goes to jail or has to forfeit his property to pay the settlement, that might be good enough for them.

#391 1 year ago

Unfortunately I don't think the scammer "failed miserably" because he got a ton of money for nothing.

#392 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Unfortunately I don't think the scammer "failed miserably" because he got a ton of money for nothing.

And it's a big step between catching on and getting your money back.

#393 1 year ago

Wow someone confirmed that the local police and federal agencies both don't care to investigate this situation at all.

#394 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Wow someone confirmed that the local police and federal agencies both don't care to investigate this situation at all.

Yep,
    Exactly as I expected from the start. Its sickening.

#395 1 year ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Quoted from Haymaker:

Yep,
    Exactly as I expected from the start. Its sickening.

In all likelihood, they consider it a civil matter, not a criminal one.

#396 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

No, not getting something you bought is a 'civil' matter.

Some guy orchestrating 6 figure inter-state fraud involving dozens is not.

#397 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Feds say they aren't interested in any fraud cases that are under 1 million. Its too small of a fish for any kind of agency to give a crap about. So what is the legal recourse? It seems there isn't much of one. He basically gets to steal the money and be a huge dick bag about it with no consequences.

#398 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Feds say they aren't interested in any fraud cases that are under 1 million. Its too small of a fish for any kind of agency to give a crap about. So what is the legal recourse? It seems there isn't much of one. He basically gets to steal the money and be a huge dick bag about it with no consequences.

And this is why the Tony Sopranos of the world always rise up

#399 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:And this is why the Tony Sopranos of the world always rise up

Street Justice.....

There are 592 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klov-community-scam/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.