7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chas010
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Curious as to how many PINSIDERS are members on KLOV as well.....pretty good forum if your into arcade games as well

#2 7 years ago

im on klov. i found klov before i found pinside. lots of good folks on klov. and it covers almost anything coin op.and home consoles too.

#3 7 years ago

I started on klov, then wandered here. I used to be into arcades so it was very helpful, not as active as here for pin info.

#4 7 years ago

I am a member on KLOV. Thats how I found out about Pinside was over there.

#5 7 years ago

I was on klov before I started collecting pins. I don't go there too often anymore, but it's a great resource for when I have trouble with an arcade machine.

#6 7 years ago

I lurk via RSS feed. It seems like a very nice crew over there.

#7 7 years ago

I am on KLOV as well and I like it for the most part. While I do not own video games, I do like reading some of the repair posts. The only thing I have to say that kind of gets under my skin about KLOV is the amount of (IMHO) bad pinball machine repair advice. Again, IMHO, RGP is the best place to go for repair tips. Not a knock against Pinside, but just my opinion.

I was just saying,

Tom

#8 7 years ago

i am on there as well, but i find that i use it mainly to check for pins for sale. not really into the videos anymore. it is the same game every time, i prefer the variety of the silverball instead.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i am on there as well, but i find that i use it mainly to check for pins for sale. not really into the videos anymore. it is the same game every time, i prefer the variety of the silverball instead.

totally agree with you....

#10 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure I started on KLOV, then RGP, then Pinside. I don't own any video arcade games and probably never will, so I don't check anything else on KLOV other than the pinball forum and the marketplace. I've met some good guys on KLOV though.

#11 7 years ago

I was on KLOV ALOT, untill the drama became too much...
    Alot happier here and on another arcade forum where the moderation is more lax, and there arent as many crybabies.

If I need some drama I just check in at RGP

#12 7 years ago

I started on KLOV, I still enjoy a few video games but pinball is now my main obsession.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

I was on KLOV ALOT, untill the drama became too much...
    Alot happier here and on another arcade forum where the moderation is more lax, and there arent as many crybabies.
    If I need some drama I just check in at RGP

Haha the guys that couldn't have any "fun". Bunch of drama queens. I started out on klov with a Rtype that I still have. Kickass game for having no balls. I quickly gave up vids for pins.

#14 7 years ago

Yep same username been into arcades for years, but now I enjoy pinball more.

#16 7 years ago

I used to go on KLOV more often but don't have much time now.

#17 7 years ago

Are we waging war on KLOV as well or something? Pinside can't survive a war on two fronts!

...same nick on KLOV.

#18 7 years ago

Yep. I collect vids, pins and other arcade games. I like 'em all! ... but out of room.

I started on BYOAC then 'graduated' to the real deal.

#19 7 years ago

i post on KLOV and on here (really just started posting here...have been a lurker for a while).

KLOV has a lot less traffic on the pinball side of things.....that's actually a good thing sometimes. i have really enjoyed the threads here on pinside, but there are a TON of more members. that sometimes makes navigating threads a chore........there can be 100 new posts in a few short hours here and that sometimes makes it tough.

i enjoy both though. pretty good collection of posters from what i've seen........and i mean on both sites.

RGP is fine, but to be perfectly honest, the format turns me off so much that i can't bring myself to post there. good site to go to for info, but they really need to do something with their format.

just my two rusty nickels.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

i post on KLOV and on here (really just started posting here...have been a lurker for a while).
    KLOV has a lot less traffic on the pinball side of things.....that's actually a good thing sometimes. i have really enjoyed the threads here on pinside, but there are a TON of more members. that sometimes makes navigating threads a chore........there can be 100 new posts in a few short hours here and that sometimes makes it tough.
    i enjoy both though. pretty good collection of posters from what i've seen........and i mean on both sites.
    RGP is fine, but to be perfectly honest, the format turns me off so much that i can't bring myself to post there. good site to go to for info, but they really need to do something with their format.

do i know you?!?!?! lol

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

Your rusty nickels are worth about 10 cents.

I like when I see familiar handles on different sites.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacattack13:

do i know you?!?!?! [] lol

lmao.

Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Your rusty nickels are worth about 10 cents. []

I like when I see familiar handles on different sites.

and, lmao.

yeah....it's cool that there's this online community of pin enthusiasts. it's funny when you don't actually "know" people but you feel like you "know" them from forum posts. i like that. both sites are fantastic in that regard.

#23 7 years ago

I am on KLOV also.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I am on KLOV also.

oh, hell....we all know you.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I am on KLOV also.

who are you again? lol

#26 7 years ago

Never been to KLOV. Can anyone invite me in?

#28 7 years ago

I am there but never visit anymore.

Quoted from kwiKimart:

Never been to KLOV. Can anyone invite me in?

If you put your username here someone will help you.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

Just an FYI, RGP can't do anything with its format because it isn't a forum. It is a Usenet newsgroup, so there is no single "site" and there is no single way to access or read it. You make the choice how you want to access and read it. Pinwiki has a nice write up of different ways to access the group.
    http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Rec.games.pinball_Access_Methods

#30 7 years ago

I've been at KLOV for awhile. It's ok, here is much better.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I started on KLOV, I still enjoy a few video games but pinball is now my main obsession.

Me too. I’ve been on KLOV for many years and had quite a descent amount of vids. After I bought my first pin a year and a half ago I started to sell off my collection to help finance my pin frenzy. Now I’m down to one vid (Ms. Pac cocktail) which I plan to keep.

I found the pin section at KLOV a bit slow and not as informative as Pinside. I had been looking for a dedicated pinball forum and after I heard this place recommended on the Gameroom Junkies (http://gameroomjunkies.com/) podcast I thought I’d give it a try.

#32 7 years ago

Yeah been on klov before anything else, don't go there as much any more but like it

#33 7 years ago

I check in at KLOV about once per week. My username is 'jcasetnl' there. Good group.

#34 7 years ago

Started out on rec.games.video.arcade.collecting in the mid 90's, that group is a ghost town now. Made my first post to RGP in 1997, when I got my first pin. It was appropriately titled "how do I open my pin". Lurked for a few years on KLOV, before I finally registered in 2007. I found Pinside a year or so ago and joined.

I visit RGP, KLOV, and Pinside pretty much everyday now. They all have their good and bad points, and figuring those out is the key for getting the most out of them. I collect both vids and pins so between those three I pretty much have everything covered.

#35 7 years ago

I'm on klov as well, but those days are numbered. If your into drama and trolls, then it just might be the place for you! lol

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from ThunderhorseCNC:

I'm on klov as well, but those days are numbered. If your into drama and trolls, then it just might be the place for you! lol

really? is it that bad over there? i must admit, i MAINLY stick to the pinball forum on KLOV...not much drama/trolls in that forum.

that's a shame if it has gotten bad in the other ones though....

#37 7 years ago

It is pretty unfortunate. I've met over 80 klov members in person, and 79 of them were pretty cool. I can't even post over there without someone trolling, so i gave up. From what i've heard from some of the good people over there, the pinball community is nothing like the arcade community. I really need a change of scenery. Moved pretty much all my arcade games to storage in the last two days.

#38 7 years ago

so what is the story with klov and membership?
    you have to know someone and he/she has to show support for you then you can join.
    And if you screw up or make drama they not only kick you out but also your sponsor ?
    (the guy/gal that got you in)

#39 7 years ago

They had a large influx of spammers, so they went to a refferal, or you have to donate 2.00 to the intl' arcade museum. Just a way to stop the spamming. Plus, if you did the donation, they see your real name, and check it against people with lifetime bans to make sure they aren't circumventing thier ban.

#40 7 years ago

I see - thanks

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from pudluther:

ThunderhorseCNC said:I'm on klov as well, but those days are numbered. If your into drama and trolls, then it just might be the place for you! lol
    really? is it that bad over there? i must admit, i MAINLY stick to the pinball forum on KLOV...not much drama/trolls in that forum.
    that's a shame if it has gotten bad in the other ones though....

Like RGP, RGVAC, etc. The drama typically involves a very small amount of the population, but what fuels it and makes it seem rampant is everyone's need to pipe in when the laundry is out to dry. KLOV is about as dramatic as most places.

#42 7 years ago

I used to be on KLOV as well but no longer own any arcade games at this time.
    I have not signed up to the new format. I only really used it for refference not for repairs.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from sosage:

Are we waging war on KLOV as well or something? Pinside can't survive a war on two fronts!
    ...same nick on KLOV.

Was wondering the same thing.

I am on all three, don't post much to RGP though.

#44 7 years ago

i don't think anyone here wants to wage war on any other site. most people just don't want the drama. that seems to have calmed down alot on klov. the mods do a good job over there on keeping the peace.i still check in there daily.since i'm a pin guy i spend more time here.
    i almost never go to rgp simply because of the negative responses from some users to anyone who is new to pin collecting or repair.

#45 7 years ago

I started on KLOV, and still post there semi-regularly (same name over there).

#46 7 years ago

Klov is great if your a communist A-hole

#47 7 years ago

I am. Been lurking here for a while.

#48 7 years ago

On KLOV and part of my daily forum rotation ... RGP-PINSIDE-KLOV

1 year later
    #49 5 years ago

Can anyone get me into KLOV? There is a member on there thats in my area I would like to communicate to about a jamma board.

KLOV - ChrisSlogan

Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6.00
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 149.00
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 234.99
    $ 156.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.95
    Playfield - Other
    MicksPinball
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside