PXL_20220505_011231202.NIGHT (resized).jpg
FB483B99-468E-4C84-BE55-03824569F4A9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052(1) (resized).jpg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpg
Gold Rush3 (resized).jpg
Gold Rush2 (resized).jpg
Gold Rush1 (resized).jpg
Gold Rush Before (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

My first EM restoration. Love the unpredictability of Klondike a great EM. Waxed? Fast as hell, as any modern pinball.
Replaced the small primitive chime unit with a Williams 3- Bar.Added some green LED at the Jackpot Unit at top and the drains.
The Pop-up ball block between the flippers got a Fire LED from Comet.
I hate that you rarely see the pop bumpers lit, the play field is really pretty when they are.
Set the rotary bonus unit in the head to Novelty, its great hearing that thousand unit clicking over, a special sound.
I must have done something right, still plays great 4 years later. It gave me confidence to refurbish 6 Ems.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Thank you phil-lee. I had no idea there was a Novelty setting on this and I need to play with that sometime . You learn something new even years later in our hobby . Your color enhancements sound awesome, too!

I think it ups the scoring for each switch/ 10 points=100, etc. Some may call it cheating but unless you are a phenomenal player you will rarely hear the sound of that 4th/5th score reel combination.
I will try to Post updated photos soon.IMG_1622 (resized).JPGIMG_1622 (resized).JPG

#10 3 years ago

I changed the Bonus lights to LED, first solid, next two flashing, and Grand Bonus a color changing so you can see it. Now need to get the knocker working, set up for free play you don't win games, but when that 100,000 light comes on it would be nice to make some noise.

Hope to see some others machines, especially Yukon and Gold Rush.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

phil-lee,
How did you get the green lights to shine underneath your flippers like that? Where did you put the lighting? I went now for two red LEDS for the Pop-Up Ball block because it is just underneath the campfire picture and the deeper red just "lit my fire" . I am dying to know though how to get the green light under the flippers like that. Very cool. Ah, you also have green bands on the flippers?
Thanks in advance!
Kim

2 green LED under the apron, one on each side. Double sided tape.
I used to "Fire" LED in the Pop up they look good but didn't really give the Campfire effect I was looking for. I bet your Red looks as good or better. Red bands on white flippers.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

Just in case there might be anyone out there that does not know, Pinball Rescue has plastics for these including the slot reel cover which you can buy separately however the shipping costs suck. (not their fault)
They also have the slot reel cover for Top Hand / Full House

I bought one of the Slot Covers and its really good quality.

#16 3 years ago

Since I plan on keeping this game going to get a new back glass (BGresto) and strip it down and clear coat. Hard to photograph LED, when I did it people were cussing about souping up an EM but got used to it. Would really like to find a way to light up the center field,which is really dark.

IMG_1290 (resized).JPGIMG_1290 (resized).JPGIMG_1341 (resized).JPGIMG_1341 (resized).JPGIMG_1561 (resized).JPGIMG_1561 (resized).JPG
#18 3 years ago

Nice machine! If you get a chime unit try to find a Gottlieb, they sound better. If you want to try something different throw an extra ball in, this would have made a great multi-ball.
Hope Pinsiders will join in with pics/stories of their machines.

#20 3 years ago

Daditude has a Gold Rush for sale in Texas for a good price if anyone is interested.

8 months later
#23 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Damn, didn't realize that they were the only source. Mine is in ok shape but I was meaning to pick up a spare.

After shipping from Australia that was an expensive plastic.
To the Owners out there, what is a GC Klondike worth?

4 months later
#25 2 years ago

You would need a pattern (male) on the bottom and a heated (iron) pressing down on the plastic sheet.
We used a pattern maker (now retired) who made mahogany molds for specialty parts where I worked.
It would be possible to use High Heat silicone rubber to make the molds if you had an old plastic.
Basically this thing is a sheet of plastic with 1 bulge.
Need to do a little research as to what type of plastic to use (this is what I would ask the Aussie Guys)IMG_1292 (resized).JPGIMG_1292 (resized).JPG

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain1:

Currently restoring a Yukon now. My symbol reels are filthy dirty with black carbon dust, and they seem to be paper. Any advice how to clean them without damaging the symbols?
Is there a recommended S/I card for free ball score levels?
I had to put taller PF posts under my reel cover because it was dragging on the reels.
Bob/Vermont

I purchased new ones off Mr.Pinball classifieds, a little disappointed in the colors. Remember someone here Posted the images so you could print your own off but I don't have the link.
When you remove the old they are basically strips of card stock so you could print your own with a scanner.
Just remember to index the EXACT location where they start and end.
In the photo above you can see mine are a little off. The glue had set up so I left it.

#30 2 years ago

slide2 (resized).jpgslide2 (resized).jpg

Maybe somebody in Photoshop can clean these up, I don't have it.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain1:

Hey, Phil...is that a flipper rubber you have around the rebound rubber? Cool idea.

Not my idea, I stole it from somewhere on Pinside.
Did this on several machines, looks cool to me.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Install1Ball:

I downloaded this from somewhere a long while back, I don't remember exactly where. It looks to be accurate. It is not my own original work. I hope this helps.
[quoted image]

There you go! When you click on your image the strips appear to be to scale. Look great.
At least I got my new scanner out and running.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Install1Ball:

phil-lee Thanks so much for the info and the excellent picture of the slot cover. You have me quite jealous. Take a look below at what I am dealing with and you will understand why.
I have enough info to get started on Step 1 which is the creation of a 4 layer vector graphics image of the slot cover. After I clean my cover (and glue or at least retape it) I will use it for measurements and color RGB coding, and I'll use phil-lee's perfect top-down image for the parts that are missing from mine. Then I have to play with level 4 - the light diffusion - to make sure that the GI lighting gets through and closely mirrors the original. I will deal with Step 2 and beyond when I get there.
In terms of selling them - first off assuming I make it to the end of the process, yeah I will make more and won't leave anyone hanging. Probably sell them in pairs, price would be reasonable. My target customer would be an owner that has a slot cover like mine and agrees with me that pretty much anything else would be better. My goal is 99% identical to the original. So an anal retentive perfectionist collector would not be my ideal customer. No worries, if I do end up selling them, I will post a ton of pictures of the cover inside and outside of the machine so that you can make your own informed decision.
I am really new to this site so I will post updates here unless someone tells me of a place that would be more appropriate.
[quoted image]

Wow that puppy is beat up! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

1 year later
#51 1 year ago

Could someone with a Klondike set up measure the total height?
My machines are tore down and I'm trying to fit one in a 5th wheel under the cabinets. Thanks for any help.

#53 1 year ago

Thank you. I have 69 inches to play with without removing cabinets. Going to move to a slide room and take down a small section of cabinets.
Just want a couple of EMs in this RV!

1 year later
#61 47 days ago
Quoted from kjnuke:

Anyone ever here about someone reproducing the slot reel cover? Looks like Pinside member Install1Ball who mentioned trying to make them is inactive.
Just picked up a Jackpot and my slot reel cover is broken.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for the late reply.
They were made by Pinball Rescue in Australia. Twice the weight of plastic, great graphics.
I understand the the Owner of Williams rights and the Owner of PR got into it over reproduction rights so they went out.
Many stories here with a search on the History.

Always thought this wouldn't be difficult to reproduce. Why couldn't a 3D printer do the plastic?
A decal could suffice for the graphics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klondike-yukon-gold-rush-club-all-are-welcome?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.