Gold Rush3 (resized).jpg
Gold Rush2 (resized).jpg
Gold Rush1 (resized).jpg
Gold Rush Before (resized).jpg
PXL_20211026_221031723.resized (resized).jpg
KlondikeSlotReels (resized).jpg
slide2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider install1ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago

I have just started to restore a Yukon and it seems that cosmetically it will be fine, except for that awful slot cover. I too missed out on getting one from pinball rescue, and there don't seem to be any available anywhere.

I would like to take a shot at creating it myself. I know a little about vacuum-forming and silk screening and with the right artwork it should be possible.

Does anyone know how pinball rescue recreated these covers? I know they are retired, any contact information so I could ask them myself? Anyone willing to help?

Thanks in advance. I am new (as of today), hope to get active soon as this seems to be a great site.

#33 2 years ago

I downloaded this from somewhere a long while back, I don't remember exactly where. It looks to be accurate. It is not my own original work. I hope this helps.

KlondikeSlotReels (resized).jpgKlondikeSlotReels (resized).jpg
#37 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You would need a pattern (male) on the bottom and a heated (iron) pressing down on the plastic sheet.
We used a pattern maker (now retired) who made mahogany molds for specialty parts where I worked.
It would be possible to use High Heat silicone rubber to make the molds if you had an old plastic.
Basically this thing is a sheet of plastic with 1 bulge.
Need to do a little research as to what type of plastic to use (this is what I would ask the Aussie Guys)[quoted image]

phil-lee Thanks so much for the info and the excellent picture of the slot cover. You have me quite jealous. Take a look below at what I am dealing with and you will understand why.

I have enough info to get started on Step 1 which is the creation of a 4 layer vector graphics image of the slot cover. After I clean my cover (and glue or at least retape it) I will use it for measurements and color RGB coding, and I'll use phil-lee's perfect top-down image for the parts that are missing from mine. Then I have to play with level 4 - the light diffusion - to make sure that the GI lighting gets through and closely mirrors the original. I will deal with Step 2 and beyond when I get there.

In terms of selling them - first off assuming I make it to the end of the process, yeah I will make more and won't leave anyone hanging. Probably sell them in pairs, price would be reasonable. My target customer would be an owner that has a slot cover like mine and agrees with me that pretty much anything else would be better. My goal is 99% identical to the original. So an anal retentive perfectionist collector would not be my ideal customer. No worries, if I do end up selling them, I will post a ton of pictures of the cover inside and outside of the machine so that you can make your own informed decision.

I am really new to this site so I will post updates here unless someone tells me of a place that would be more appropriate.

PXL_20211026_221031723.resized (resized).jpgPXL_20211026_221031723.resized (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider install1ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klondike-yukon-gold-rush-club-all-are-welcome?tu=install1ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.