• Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Just got a new toy, Klondike. I got it cheap because it had problems. When I try to start it, the score motor keeps running as does the ball count unit coil. IF it finally stops, I can play a pretend ball, hit the first rollover button and it engages the chime coil and won't let go. That is as far as I can get.
Thanks for any help,
Walt

#2 6 years ago

You can either check why the chime coil is always energized, or check why the score motor keeps running. The two problems could be related, so I'd check the chime coil issue first. What does the first rollover score? If the first rollover scores 10 points, check all the switches on the 10 point relay to make sure they are clean and adjusted properly. Also, check all the playfield scoring switches to see if they are adjusted correctly...

#3 6 years ago

So, what happens is I toggle on the pin...all is good. I hit the left flipper and the lock relay engages..all is good. I hit the start button on the front and that is when the score motor runs on as well as the ball count coil.. just keeps running on.
I first checked all the conditions you mentioned, and it didn't change anything....?
Walt

#4 6 years ago

You'll need to determine what switches send power to the score motor. First, check for any stuck coin switches... Then check the ball count unit to see if it can be manually advanced and reset. Make sure the ball count unit advances smoothly. Next, check the circuits that send power to the score motor. Check the following:

R.O. relay switch - yellow wire and orange/green wire
Eject relay switch - yellow wire and orange/green wire
Reset relay switch - yellow wire and orange/green wire
Score motor switch IND-E - yellow wire and orange/green wire
Outhole relay switch - yellow wire and orange/green wire

Make sure these switches are clean and adjusted properly...

#5 6 years ago

Do all the scores reset? That's usually the big running score motor problem at startup. With the chime (and I assume score) running though, it sounds like something is stuck/sticking.

#6 6 years ago

I'm going to go through Fred's list, but to answer dog's question... When I first got the machine, the score showed something on the 10 wheel. When I hit the start button, it did not reset to zero as everything kept running on. I ended up removing the wheel, cleaning and checking it and setting it back to zero manually. It did nothing to solve the problem when I started it again.
Walt

#7 6 years ago

Sounds like a score reel end-of-stroke switch is dirty or out of adjustment. Here's that circuit for the 10 pont score reel.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#8 6 years ago

Wow!, thanks guys for all the info. It all works now! Turns out, you all played a role in solving all these issues. The ball count unit was not freed up or adjusted correctly, which I think was the main issue. The 10 pt end of stroke switch was badly out of adjustment, and the 100 pt relay was out of adjustment, which I didn't realize wasn't working until the other stuff got 'cured'.
I continued to 'clean and adjust' the game, and it works awesome. Thanks again for all the help.

Walt

P.S.. Howard, I still haven't got the Lady Luck fixed..

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from nightfire:

P.S.. Howard, I still haven't got the Lady Luck fixed..

For the curious, Walt is referring to this forum thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-lady-luck-player-2-wont-start-up

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klondike-start-up?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.