(Topic ID: 112759)

Klondike does not start and counts to 9 balls.

By Milton187

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

help.jpg
3 Wms Klondike sch..JPG
2 Wms. Sch. Klondike coin re..JPG
1 Wms Klondike coin re..JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Milton187.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm not too familiar with E.M. machines.
Bought a "Klondike" because it was the machine that "hooked"me when I was a kid.

In the middle of restoring an "Embryon". Wanted to take a break and play a game.
The machine went into a continuous reset. And it counts all the way to nine balls.

IF someone would like to give me a nudge as to what bit of kit has failed or is out of adjustment
please chime in!

Thanks,

Milty

#2 9 years ago

Anyone? I will post some pics on Monday. Perhaps that will help.

Milton

#4 9 years ago

Ahoy WOLF,

Any guesses as what to do? A couple of contacts look burnt on the mech I assume is the ball counter.
I will clean and see if that helps. It has a bunch of plastic cogs with followers?

Thanks WOLF,,

Milton

3 weeks later
#7 9 years ago

Thanks guys!
Pin-it: I have a schematic coming for the machine. Tried to print from the ipdb.org and kept getting garbage.

I will give it a go and report back.

captainadam_21: I have been on a pinball tour! Hit arcades all the way from SD to CO!

Bill

#8 9 years ago

Pin-it: No luck. All is well on the coin door. It counts to 9 and then keeps spinning.
Aaargghhhhh.

Milton

#11 9 years ago

the4horse: Yes the stepper motor is turning the wheels. Tuesday I will check on the other suggestions. Thanks folks.

Milton

3 weeks later
#12 9 years ago

Ok, I am back to the Kondike. Still have the posted problem. I am not a stupid person but boy I sure like solid state machines! I will post some pics tomorrow as well as search the threads suggested by the4horse.

Thanks,

Milton

#14 9 years ago

wizardblom: Thanks. I will try to get to it today. I want to get that stupid thing going.
I bet it's the fifth. I noticed lots of sparks from the switch. Can I file these contacts?
It looks to be plenty lubed!

Thanks for the reply! I will post the results.

Milton

#17 9 years ago

Chrisbee: Thanks I will check this out. One thing after another this week.
Just getting my computer back online after a nasty virus.

#19 9 years ago

Chrisbee,

From what I could tell the coil is not energizing at all. I will put a meter on it when I have time!
I have been very busy or would have been all over this. Purchased a LW3 and Elektra + a Silver Strike Bowling and trying to make room!

Bill

#21 9 years ago

Yes.
The credit display is stuck on 4.

bill

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Milton187.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klondike-does-not-start-and-counts-to-9-balls?tu=Milton187 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.