• Latest reply 11 years ago by Skybug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I need one.

Please!!!

#2 11 years ago

Pinball resource lists back covers on their website. I'm not sure if they have yours or not.

I called them a few days ago to order a few things, one item I was hoping for was a 1976 Gottlieb flanged slide-off style cash box cover. But I was out of luck with that one. I might just fabricate one out of a sheet of steel.

Hoefully you'll have better luck with yours!

#3 11 years ago

Haven't checked PBR. I will right now.

#4 11 years ago

Nope! only lists Gottlieb back doors. I will ask next time I talk with them though.

Still looking!

#5 11 years ago

Make one.

Do you have an autobody /paint supply distributor nearby? Price first to see ?

If not Here ----> http://tabcobodyparts.com/html/table_of_contents.htm Over size it a little then do you have a workbench and someblocks of wood , a ballpein hammer+ C-clamps?

#6 11 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-extending-back-panel

A little patch I did but just a small demo of what can be done.^^^^^^ Good enough till I smooth it out at a later date.

#7 11 years ago

If you cannot find one you can have a sheet metal shop make one for $20.00, just bring them the measurements and details like any flange bends then take it to a locksmith and they will punch out the lock hole for you and install a new cam lock for another $20.00, so $40.00 total and will look and function like the original.

Ken

#8 11 years ago

Yeah, what were we thinking....I have a break in my shop!

#9 11 years ago

Sorry I can't help Pafasa but when I bought my Klondike it didn't have a backbox cover. I was at a pinball parts place around here and asked if they had a 70's Williams em cover... would you believe, he actually had a genuine Klondike cover with original paint still intact sitting gathering dust. It was the only one he had and it happened to be for a Klondike! What are the chances...must've been fate!Hope you fine one.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks guys. I think I'll tackle this one with my buddy ovfdfireman.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I have a break in my shop!

Brake is good ,check backbox for square first (diagonals)

Could also make out of 3/8"-1/2" plywood too as there is nothing wrong with going that way either. (easier)

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Could also make out of 3/8"-1/2" plywood too as there is nothing wrong with going that way either. (easier)

I like "Easier"

Then I could paint it to match and it wouldnt rattle as much either.

#13 11 years ago

Yep the Mars Trek segasa /sega Pin I have here has a wooden backboard which is perfectly fine + like you said no rattles which is plain annoying with the metal ones.

Latex semi gloss (gloss preference) w/roller is faster with better coverage than spray cans to boot IMO.

#14 11 years ago

I have a table saw too......I like that idea as well, might look better....

#15 11 years ago

WooHoo!

#16 11 years ago

Do not need a tetanus shot either. Just tweezers for splinters.

#18 11 years ago

I think I will see if PinballPro has a sound upgrade for my Klondike. A mic and amp and speaker hooked up so I can make all the neighborhood dogs crazy with the constant "door bell" ringing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klondike-backbox-cover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.