(Topic ID: 37820)

Kiwi Pincade Mega Meet 2013 - This Weekend!

By rotordave

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_2.JPG
    photo_1.JPG
    w2.jpg
    gs4[1].jpg
    gn1[3].jpg
    sin1[1].jpg
    gnw1[1].jpg
    gsw1[1].jpg
    ge3[1].jpg
    2010meet(3).jpg
    2010meet(2).jpg
    2010meet(1).jpg
    arcade6s.jpg
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

We Kiwi pinheads cordially invite pinheads from around the world to Kiwi Pincade, 2013.

This is the 6th anniversary of this famous event, bringing together Australians and New Zealanders in their mutual love of big, silver balls. Kudos to Kiwi Yee Fong for spending the time organising this great event again.

Kiwi Pincade runs from 3pm Thurs 7th March 2013 to 11:30pm Sunday, 10th March 2013.

This year, we are incorporating Wellington for the first time. The schedule:

WELLINGTON: THURSDAY 7TH MARCH
    3-6pm: Fly-in, meet at Te Papa Museum featuring the Gamemasters exhibit.
    6pm to late: Steve's place with 10 pins
    Fri 9am to 1pm: Simon's place with 11 pins plus arcades
    Fri after 1pm: Fly out to Auckland.

AUCKLAND:
    Friday from 6pm: PaulOz's House - 7 mint A-Grade pins (MM,AFM,ACDC,AF,TZ,IJ,LOTR LE)
    Saturday 9th: 4 sites across Auckland City (pins,arcades,hand helds)
    Sunday 10th: 4 sites across Auckland heading south to finish at my place (50+ pins running, BBQ, BEER AHOY)

We will be running an IFPA Competition at one of the venues.

More information here, including some pictures of some of the hosts gamesrooms:
    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/55124-KIWI-PINCADE-Part-6-New-Zealand-Meet-2013

Already we have around 20 Australians flying in, and around 40-50 Kiwis will attend. Not all are going to Wellington first, they are just coming to Auckland on Friday, All over to you

We invite people from around the world to attend. Come on down, you will enjoy yourself.

Please bring your pinball skills and your beer glass ... you will be needing both.

If you wish to attend, you can either PM me here on Pinside, or join this thread or the Aussie Arcade threads, and Yee will get back to you.

We look forward to seeing you!

To whet your appetite, some pictures below of the 2010 event, held in my gamesroom. Pics are from about 5pm when the first few punters showed up. We had about 50-60 people there, and finished about 1am ...

RotorDave

arcade6s.jpgarcade6s.jpg 2010meet(1).jpg2010meet(1).jpg 2010meet(2).jpg2010meet(2).jpg 2010meet(3).jpg2010meet(3).jpg

#2 11 years ago

Looking forward to it Dave

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Looking forward to it Dave

Lukey! Looking forward to meeting you and giving you a beer.

It's the least I can do seeing all the money you gave me in the last year!

rd

#4 11 years ago

Sounds like I am in for at least a 6pk

Mark

#5 11 years ago

Nice ! I see a couple of babes in there!
    Sounds like a hell of a time

Quoted from rotordave:

AUCKLAND:
    Friday from 6pm: PaulOz's House - 6 mint A-Grade pins (MM,AFM,ACDC,AF,TZ,IJ,LOTR LE)

Unless kiwi's use a different number system than us Yanks, I'm counting '7' mint A-grade pins.

#6 11 years ago

The best pins I have played anywhere in the world.... Bowen what are the chances we will see you in NZ for this one

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Unless kiwi's use a different number system than us Yanks, I'm counting '7' mint A-grade pins.

Errrrrr yeah!

He's always changing them ... I had to really think hard as to what he currently had ....

rd

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from MSN22:

Sounds like I am in for at least a 6pk
    Mark

I can see this meet is gonna be a costly experience for me!

rd

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

The best pins I have played anywhere in the world.... Bowen what are the chances we will see you in NZ for this one

Bowen, you are welcome to come down. You can use my Auckland city apartment for the weekend

What an offer!!

rd.

#10 11 years ago

Bump for the afternoon crowd

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

The best pins I have played anywhere in the world

I would say that NZ pins are generally of a very high standard.

Probably due to the fact that the routed ones didn't get a hard life on location, and weren't run 24/7 like European ones.

rd.

#12 11 years ago

I've got my flights booked, I'm pumped! Being a pinball noob I've barely played more than a dozen pins in my life so I can't wait to see, let alone play, so many great machines with a bunch of awesome people!

Quoted from rotordave:

To whet your appetite, some pictures below of the 2010 event, held in my gamesroom. Pics are from about 5pm when the first few punters showed up. We had about 50-60 people there, and finished about 1am ...

Now I'm regretting having booked a 10pm flight home on the Sunday!

Just a question, having not been before, are the Auckland locations open all day with people coming and going throughout the day, or are they open sequentially with everyone moving on to the next one more or less together?

#13 11 years ago

There is a schedule .... Yee is just finalizing it all now, but as an example of what Saturday might look like ....

10-12 Mikes, Grey Lynn
    12-3 Nicks, Silverdale
    3-7 Willies, Lynfield
    7-12 Yees, Lynfield

So everyone moves from venue to venue at their own pace.

A car is a must. A few KM will be covered over the weekend.

rd.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Nice ! I see a couple of babes in there!

Yep! Plenty of participation from the ladies, and the kids too.

My 10 year old daughter is IPFA number 16 in NZ. The wife is in training (finally!!) for an assault on the top 10.

Always a good move to get the wife and kids involved in your hobby ....

rd.

#15 11 years ago

Are all the topers removed from the pins on purpose? For easier transport? Just curious. GL with the event...looks so cool!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

Are all the topers removed from the pins on purpose? For easier transpport? Just curious. GL with the event...looks so cool!

On my pins?

I hate toppers. Awful things. Look stupid. In my opinion, of course!

The only pins I like with toppers are where they are factory fitted, like Whitewater, Dr Who and Fishtales. And Tommy is cool too. Unfortunately my Whitewater is missing its topper.

I have the plastic toppers for JP, TFTC but I prefer them without. They just look like someone has stuck something on top that wasn't supposed to be there. An afterthought.

rd.

#17 11 years ago

Yeah I noticed Tommy and Guns did not have the topper. Was just curious, no other reason. I am mixed on toppers. Usually comes up during a transaction. If you are a buyer of a pin missing it then the seller says, "The pin is worth the same amount". If you are a seller of a pin missing a topper then the buyer says, "The pin is worth less without the topper".

Lol

#18 11 years ago

Yep, this is the case! Very few original DE toppers here in NZ as most of the machines didn't have them when new. And if they did, they got busted or lost over the years.

And when you see a GnR plastic topper selling for $500 USD on EBay ... They can keep it!

rd.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The only pins I like with toppers are where they are factory fitted, like Whitewater, Dr Who and Fishtales.

Nice! you have great taste, I feel exactly the same way

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Nice! you have great taste, I feel exactly the same way

Each to their own though! If one feels the need to screw big glowing perspex appendages to your pinball machines, you go for broke!

rd

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Errrrrr yeah!
    He's always changing them ... I had to really think hard as to what he currently had ....
    rd

It's now 8 Dave. Got STTNG a couple of months ago.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

errrrrr yeah forgot about that one! And I sold it to you!

Alzheimers setting in!

rd

#23 11 years ago

And I have toppers on them all. Love the toppers.lol

#24 11 years ago

Looking very much forward to playing a STTNG at Pincade. Thanks for being one of the host Paul

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

And Errol is bringing over his Out of Sight as well.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

And I have toppers on them all. Love the toppers.lol

yeah, loving the co*k too Paul! hahahahaha!

joke, jokes...!

rd

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

And Errol is bringing over his Out of Sight as well.

that'll be OUT OF SIGHT indeed!

Quoted from accidental:

Looking very much forward to playing a STTNG at Pincade. Thanks for being one of the host Paul

And its a nice one too.

I finally got my STTNG all up and going last week ... had it for 2-3 years and it's always been a PITA. Had acid damaged CPU. Ended up just buying a new one for it, all good now!

rd

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

Paul does it have the latest ROM where it awards upto 250 mill a shot during Final Frontier???

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Paul does it have the latest ROM where it awards upto 250 mill a shot during Final Frontier???

It does have the latest ROM

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

It does have the latest ROM

Oh no! RGR will come and destroy all your high scores!!

Put all your games on 1 Ball before he shows up!!

rd.

#31 11 years ago

Ohhhh Lordy........ I guess it would be very rude to ask to come over 1 day early to spend an entire day playing :PPPPPP

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Ohhhh Lordy........ I guess it would be very rude to ask to come over 1 day early to spend an entire day playing :PPPPPP

You can if you want to RGR .... Come help yourself.

rd.

#33 11 years ago

STTNG with the latest roms is something I have not played in almost 20 years.... Wouldnt mind cracking 100 billion on that... AFM, Shadow, Jackbot, BK2000 are others I could spend alot of time on...

#34 11 years ago

All of those are on site at different places over the weekend. Just for you RGR!

I will have Bk2000 and STTNG at my place. Paul Oz has AFM and STTNG. Nick has a mint Jackbot. Yee has AFM and STTNG and Matt's bk2000 might be there too.

Pin fiesta!!

rd.

#35 11 years ago

HELLLLOOOOO..... Lol well I might have to take a few more days off work

#36 11 years ago

Is your place the last destination Dave ?
    Long way to Pukekoe might need a sober driver

Mark

#37 11 years ago

I am good to drive anyone... I dont drink

#38 11 years ago

This is going to be a cracker of an event ....

unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it this year ..

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from MSN22:

Is your place the last destination Dave ?
    Long way to Pukekoe might need a sober driver
    Mark

Yeah, we will finish at my place Sunday night.

This way when the Aussies misbehave themselves and get liquored up, they can go wild in my business park without disturbing the general populace.

Pukekohe is a easy 30 min drive to the Cbd when there is no traffic on the motorway. But ideally a sober driver would be a good idea. Or stay in Pukekohe on Sunday night ....

rd.

#40 11 years ago

This is the 6th year that we've been holding this event and it's grown bigger each year. More and more players and collectors get to know about it as the word spreads. It's been only held in Auckland in the past but this year we're incorporating Wellington as well. We'll visit 10 or 11 of the best game collections in these two cities. We provide free transport and accommodation in Auckland from out of town visitors. IFPA tournaments and a few prizes as well. Michael Shalhoub visited last year and will be there this year as well.

Post edited by rocky2 : grammar

#41 11 years ago

^^^^ welcome aboard, Yee.

rd.

#42 11 years ago

Hey Yee, what's the story with partaking in the IFPA tournament? I'd be keen, but can't seem to find any info on the IFPA site about registering or anything.

#43 11 years ago

Just show up and play

Easy peasy!

rd

#44 11 years ago

I collect video games as well as pinballs, got a jukebox and pool table as well. Had to move my table soccer game out as I've run out of room, big time. Got marquees, backglasses and translites decorating the walls.Check out my gamesroom pix:
    http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/yeefong/My%20gamesroom%20Jan%202013/

ge3[1].jpgge3[1].jpg gn1[3].jpggn1[3].jpg gs4[1].jpggs4[1].jpg

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Hey Yee, what's the story with partaking in the IFPA tournament? I'd be keen, but can't seem to find any info on the IFPA site about registering or anything.

There'll be a few organizers who will run the competitions. They will decide the pinballs that you play and will record everyone's score. The results and sent through for rankings. Here's the NZ rankings at present:
    http://www.ifpapinball.com/country.php

#46 11 years ago

Soooooo looking forward to this

#47 11 years ago

I've been twice and its an awesome event Yee does a great job organizing this event, good luck with the 2013 event guys.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Soooooo looking forward to this

You and your mates got somewhere to stay Mikey?

rd

#49 11 years ago

Not yet RD. we in the process at mo

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Not yet RD. we in the process at mo

OK Mikey! How many of you, three?

rd

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiwi-pincade-mega-meet-2013 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.