(Topic ID: 51758)

Kiwi Pincade - March 2014 - plan early! Free Accomodation!

By rotordave

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vinnie.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Kiwi Pincade with be held 6-10 March 2014.

Pincade is probably the worlds biggest pinball "crawl", with visits to over 10 large collections over 4 days. Mainly pinball, but also Arcade games and handhelds as well.

If you have been planning a trip to New Zealand or Australia, here is the chance to plan your trip around pinball

I had a few Pinsiders who missed out on Pincade 2013, so I thought I would bring this up now so you can keep it in mind.

This year, the event starts in Christchurch in the South Island on Thursday 6th March. There will be three venues here, and an IFPA mini comp as well.

Then we move to Auckland on Friday afternoon, for around 8-10 venues over the weekend. A large IFPA comp is held on Sunday.

This is a perfect chance for you to visit Queenstown in the South Island, one of the world's hottest tourist destinations. And if you're into Lord of the Rings, you can go to most of the locations of the movie just an hour out Auckland.

We have a limited amount of free accommodation available with fellow pinheads in Auckland. Of course, Hotels are available in both cities at reasonable prices if you prefer that.

Last year we had 20 international guests, and around 70-80 local attendees.

You can read some feedback on the 2013 Pincade on the following website ... lots of pics too. Scroll through the postings to the end...

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/55124-KIWI-PINCADE-Part-6-New-Zealand-Meet-2013/page12

Kiwi Pincade is free to attend, just tell us you are coming and you go on the entry list. All the hosts appreciate a few beers for their efforts

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here and I will answer them all for you

cheers
    rd

#2 10 years ago

The best pinballs in the world.. The biggest and best meet in the world... And a great country to visit... Cant go wrong.. IFPA worlds one day Dave??

#3 10 years ago

Thanks for the nice words Richard

Yee gets the credit for his amazing organization. We all help out where we can ...

Don't know if the IFPA World Champs would ever happen in NZ. Logistics of bringing 100 people here would be a bit huge. And most of the top players wouldn't want to come. Actually, I might have a chance to win so let's do it! Hahaha!!

rd.

#4 10 years ago

Nah I think it could happen for sure. You have the machines and the space. Have a word to the Sharpes about it when you are in Germany...

#5 10 years ago

The new house will have 100 machines in it. Just like Freddie's Pinball Paradise!

And I have a special door that needs to be opened 3 times to allow entry! Just like Freddie's!

Awesome!

rd

#6 10 years ago

I've been to this event twice and it's awesome great machines great people in an awesome country if you can get there do it, highly recommended

Peter

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

I've been to this event twice and it's awesome great machines great people in an awesome country if you can get there do it, highly recommended
    Peter

Cool Pete, hope to see you again next year mate.

rd

#8 10 years ago

BTTT

rd.

1 week later
    #9 10 years ago

Lots of interest from the Europeans at IFPA event.

Hopefully we will see some come down under

rd

#10 10 years ago

Had a great time this year, cant wait till the next one - be good to have you all down in Christchurch!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Had a great time this year, cant wait till the next one - be good to have you all down in Christchurch!

Cool Luke, looking forward to seeing your new house!

rd

#12 10 years ago

Can't wait

#13 10 years ago

Looking forward to seeing your collection Mikey!

I can pick up my Indy500 while I'm there

rd.

#14 10 years ago

I'm so in for this one Dave . Bring it on .

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

I'm so in for this one Dave . Bring it on .

The more the merrier!

rd

#16 10 years ago

The best meet in the world... PaulOz has the best TZ in the world as well...

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yes, the more I see from around the world, the more I discover our Pincade event is pretty unique ...

- Spread over a whole weekend (well, 4 days now...)
    - about 10 different large collections
    - and totally free

What a winner!!

rd

4 weeks later
    #18 10 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Thanks Richard but the credit goes to Kerry (Tilt) for having it look and play as it does.

#19 10 years ago

wouldn't mind seeing if there is any cricket or rugby union on at the same time, Aussies vs kiwis!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

wouldn't mind seeing if there is any cricket or rugby union on at the same time, Aussies vs kiwis!

Would you consider visitors from the Northern hemisphere as well? We make decent losers (talking about Rugby, can't even figure out what cricket is )

#21 10 years ago

haha YouTube cricket........

#22 10 years ago

I can only reiterate what has been posted by rgr and gorgar. 2014 will be my fourth pincade(if they have me) and I look forward to it each year with gay abandon. Minty mint, schmicko schmick A list and rare machines, nicest/friendly people you'll ever encounter, unbelievable women, free board/airport transfers/driven from location to location and bbq's cooked for you where ever you.

I do however have three criticisms: 1. If you are sick of playing top quality pins and want to rough it with a playmatic then you might be out of luck. 2. NZ beer is terrible and made even more so at 4% but that's easily fixed by top notch cool climate wines or below 42 vodka. 3. You will return to your home clinically depressed for at least two weeks due to the realisation that life after pincade is mundane and that nothing can be done to alleviate your pain until next year.

With the greenback coming good but let's face it it's always been strong against the nzd there's no reason to be a pinball pleb and not come over. As the kiwis say, Kia Ora.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Would you consider visitors from the Northern hemisphere as well? We make decent losers (talking about Rugby, can't even figure out what cricket is )

Yeah man, the more the merrier.

I had Ad from Holland down a few months ago ... there was some talk at IFPA10 about a few guys from Europe coming down for Pincade and also for the Metallica competition in Sydney which is a few weeks before.

Would make it into a "trip of a lifetime" ...

rd.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Probably not in March unfortunately. The rugby internationals start in June and the Tri-nations starts in August.

The Rugby League test is around Anzac Day then usually there are some more after the NRL finishes in October.

Probably some test cricket on in March though!

rd.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Probably not in March unfortunately. The rugby internationals start in June and the Tri-nations starts in August.
    The Rugby League test is around Anzac Day then usually there are some more after the NRL finishes in October.
    Probably some test cricket on in March though!
    rd.

Super 15's start in march??

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Super 15's start in march??

Oh yeah, but I was thinking international fixtures.

I don't watch Super 15 anyway. Sucks balls. Not interested.

I am an NRL lad.

rd.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Oh yeah, but I was thinking international fixtures.
    I don't watch Super 15 anyway. Sucks balls. Not interested.
    I am an NRL lad.
    rd.

I tried to get into union when I first came to NZ (football the beautiful game merchant) but found it too boring so got into NRL much better with a bit of biff! Go the Warriors now can't watch football as they seem like a big bunch of girls rolling around the floor at the slightest hint of a tackle. Funny how taste changes over time eh.

#28 10 years ago

I think NRL is the strongest competition of any code in the world. Anyone can upset anyone on any day. I've watched every Warriors game since they started in 1995.

I love my EPL football though. Been following Spurs since I was a little kid. I watched them play at Stoke City last year, was an awesome experience.

Always watch the Wellington Phoenix play too.

rd.

#29 10 years ago

I believe paulOz has a woz(see what I did there) coming, any teasers of significant line up additions? Anyone have a Jpop ordered, BBB on the way, Homepin thunderbirds prototype???

#30 10 years ago

I believe paulOz has a woz(see what I did there) coming, any teasers of significant line up additions? Anyone have a Jpop ordered, BBB on the way, Homepin thunderbirds prototype???

I have a MoPLE coming, as well as the WOZ and have ordered the yet to be announced (worst kept secret in pinball) Star Trek LE on order but that may or may not be here for Pincade 2014.

#31 10 years ago

cold or hot weather there that time of year, what do I need to pack?

#32 10 years ago

in my experience the weather is mild. Combine that with 70 odd blokes and their sweaty balls while playing pins and its jeans with t-shirt attire. Depending what sort of sand grobber you are, you might need a jumper.

cant wait to play woz and your mople paul. These guys have minty and nib pins yet open up tbeir homes like an arcade and make everyone feel like the guest of honour.

comic book guy would say, best pinball holiday ever.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

cold or hot weather there that time of year, what do I need to pack?

March is the end of summer. Last Pincade was pretty hot in the afternoons.

Cools off in the evenings.

No different from Sydney I guess.

rd.

#34 10 years ago

Pinballs indoors.. All good no matter what the temp.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Pinballs indoors.. All good no matter what the temp.

Yeah, they don't go too good in the rain.

rd.

#36 10 years ago

Touch rugby Aussies v kiwis anyone?

#37 10 years ago

If you need an incompetent, unfair and corrupted referee from the Northern hemisphere... I'm your man...

#38 10 years ago

Chug one beer per try?

rd.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Chug one beer per try?
    rd.

Nope take too long. Feijoa shots of below 42 will do nicely instead.

#40 10 years ago

what are Feijoada shots?

#41 10 years ago

Feijoa is a type fruit. It's also a flavour in the below 42 vodka range that is native to new Zealand. Damn Steve jobs and his iPad typo got you too with the feijoada.

Each year I go it just gets bigger and bigger yet the comradery and friendly banter remain. You definitely feel like you are among friends and the machines hold up magnificently well despite the flogging they get. Come to think of it I've yet to see a pin that's been out of order.

#42 10 years ago

Hot damn! This sounds like about the best time in the world! Even though I don't know what the eff "depending on what sort of sand grobber you are you might need a jumper" means haha.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

Hot damn! This sounds like about the best time in the world! Even though I don't know what the eff "depending on what sort of sand grobber you are you might need a jumper" means haha.

Colloquially some one from western Australia is referred to as a sand grobber, a queenslander is a cane toad,a south Australian is a crow eater and a Tasmanian is a two headed inbred freak. Hope this helps.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

Colloquially some one from western Australia is referred to as a sand grobber, a queenslander is a cane toad,a south Australian is a crow eater and a Tasmanian is a two headed inbred freak. Hope this helps.

It is sand gropper not grobber haha I'm from western australia.......

#45 10 years ago

LOL, yes indeed it does! Quiz me later.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

It is sand gropper not grobber haha I'm from western australia.......

Yes indeed. Meant gropper don't even know what a grobber is.

#47 10 years ago

Come on down Miss Molly. You'll have the time of your life.

You can stay with me and my wife at our new house ... Picture of pinball room below, carpet was just put down this week. Should be all set up in a few weeks

image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Sh*t that is one sweet looking space RD, and I thought my lounge was big at 10.5 x6.5 metres, got my full size snooker table in though.....boyhood dream tick

3 weeks later
    #49 10 years ago

Bump to the top for Kiwi Pincade!

1 month later
    #50 10 years ago

Giggly girl excited bump. Any updates for us plebs? Has a line up of venues been set? Would particularly like to hear about the Christchurch collections.

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiwi-pincade-event-2014-plan-early-free-accomodation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.