(Topic ID: 196649)

Kiwi Pincade 2018 - One of the worlds greatest Pinball events!

By rotordave

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180311_194551 (resized).jpg
    20180311_130835 (resized).jpg
    20180311_203914 (resized).jpg
    20180311_202932 (resized).jpg
    20180311_131605 (resized).jpg
    20180311_181936 (resized).jpg
    20180311_153619 (resized).jpg
    20180310_235057 (resized).jpg
    20180310_202546 (resized).jpg
    20180310_232531 (resized).jpg
    20180310_230028 (resized).jpg
    20180310_184755 (resized).jpg
    20180310_133711 (resized).jpg
    20180310_135510 (resized).jpg
    20180310_145238 (resized).jpg
    20180310_115010 (resized).jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

The schedule has been set for Kiwi Pincade 2018!!

Kiwi Pincade is held sequentially at various locations throughout New Zealand over four days. This year's two cities will be Wellington and Auckland. Although fine tuning to the timetable will come over the next few months, these things are set in concrete:

1. Starts in Wellington, Thursday 8th March 2018 1pm at a commercial location where festivities and a tournament (Wellington Pincade IFPA 3 strike competition) will be held beginning in the early evening. Location TBA but probably the Moon Bar.

2. Friday 9th March 9am until 1pm: Breakfast and pinball at a Wellington host's home or another commercial venue from

3. Friday 1-3pm: Fly to Auckland (about one hour's flight time) followed by one or two people's gamesroom that afternoon/night.

4. Saturday 10 March from 9am: Breakfast at the first gamesroom, followed by two or three other gamesrooms around Auckland.

5. Sunday 11 March from 9am: all day at the RD arcade in Pukekohe where two huge tournaments will be held. These are the Pincade Classics and the 3rd System 11 World Championships. We expect around 100 participants for each tournament so there will be lots of IFPA points if you play well. Both tournaments will be run concurrently with set playoff times for each.

There will be a charge to attend like last year. Bronze, Silver and Gold. This helps pay for venue costs, trophies, lanyards and name tags etc. We haven't finalized prices but to give you an idea, it will be around $60 to attend the entire weekend. Pincade T shirts, hoodies, raffle tickets will be extra. Some breakfasts will be included in your $60. Crazy bargain time.

Yee will raffle off a restored Judge Dredd pinball machine on Saturday night. This will be limited to 100 tickets. Ticket price will be $50 each. If the lucky owner doesn't want it, it will be followed by an auction.

Pincade 2017 was a record year with 160 attendees including 34 from overseas. Come join the fun!!

If anyone has any questions, fire them up on this tread and I'll answer them for you.

Cheers!
    rd

#2 6 years ago

awesome!

Wish I could come!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

awesome!
    Wish I could come!

Make it so!!

rd

#4 6 years ago

wont be this year, but maybe 2019.

Is this always early march?

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wont be this year, but maybe 2019.
    Is this always early march?

Yeah, always March sometime.

rd

#6 6 years ago

I'm hoping I can pull this off. I so badly want to get there for this.

#7 6 years ago

Trying to make this happen for my wife and I, the flight to Auckland, is that set up by the event or do we make our own arrangements?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Trying to make this happen for my wife and I, the flight to Auckland, is that set up by the event or do we make our own arrangements?

You make your own bookings for the flights.

You can fly Air New Zealand or Jetstar, if you book online well in advance it only costs around $39-49 each (nzd). Usually the flights leave 2-230pm.

rd

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I'm hoping I can pull this off. I so badly want to get there for this.

Fly fishing in Taupo for you!

rd

#10 6 years ago

As a previous Pincade 8 attendee, I can say with confidence (and as an American, lol) that it is one of the best international pinball events you can ever hope to travel to.

Awesomely gracious people first off. (Both attending and hosting... )
    Beautiful NZ scenery to be had during your stay whilst traveling to each venue.
    Good eats. (Grass fed beef!)
    RD's collection ALONE is a must visit.
    THE Wayne Anderson!!!
    L&P is delicious.
    Air NZ is probably the best airline ever.

If anyone in the states is "on the fence" attending such an event like this, just let me know and I'd be happy to push you off of said fence with tales of adventure...or Ad Jonker slideshows.
    Whichever is easier. lol

They also have Hobbits...

IMG_0155 (resized).JPGIMG_0155 (resized).JPG

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

They also have Hobbits...

I remember when we were there, a Hobbit came right out!!

rd

#12 6 years ago

What prices are you quoting in? Dollarydoos? USD? Kiwi bucks?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

What prices are you quoting in? Dollarydoos? USD? Kiwi bucks?

NZ bucks.

Mind you, $60 for a weekend of pinball fun is cheap in any currency....

rd

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

NZ bucks.
    Mind you, $60 for a weekend of pinball fun is cheap in any currency....
    rd

I'll pay $60 just for one game on TNA when it arrives

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grg:

I'll pay $60 just for one game on TNA when it arrives

hopefully they'll be here before Xmas... and I'll happily take some of your juicy sales commission money

rd

#16 6 years ago

I'll be coming along for my third Pincade! Can't wait, and I've got a friend coming over with me for his first too.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mar:

I'll be coming along for my third Pincade! Can't wait, and I've got a friend coming over with me for his first too.

Very good! And I have your present from Texas waiting for you in the office too, don't forget to grab it ....

rd

#18 6 years ago

Found a flight plan that would include the flight between the cities. Now figuring out some other activities while there. Planning some rafting, diving, hiking, and my wife wants the Hobbit tour. Looking to be there at least 10 days. Fly that far, make it worth the flight time.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Looking to be there at least 10 days. Fly that far, make it worth the flight time.

That's the ticket!

Same as us when we visit Europe/USA ... its a long way to fly, so make the most of it while you're there.

Lots of activities all over the country.

rd

#20 6 years ago

Good time of the year for those outdoor pursuits. Good stable weather.

#21 6 years ago

Thanks to Head2Head podcast for the Pincade shoutout!

Just to clarify, Pincade is very much Yee's baby, but we all pitch in to help out.

rd

#22 6 years ago

This looks amazing.....how have I missed the previous ones, all in my own back yard too!

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinz:

This looks amazing.....how have I missed the previous ones, all in my own back yard too!

You know there are regular pinball meets in Wellington?

PM me for details if you want to go along ....

rd

#24 6 years ago

So what's the weather like in March in NZ? I was planning on heading somewhere with a beach in March, but that'd be end of summer for NZ, correct?

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from sulakd:

So what's the weather like in March in NZ? I was planning on heading somewhere with a beach in March, but that'd be end of summer for NZ, correct?

The last few years, Feb/March are the nicest months of the year, weatherwise.

Lots of nice white sand beaches down the east coast of the North Island.

rd

1 week later
    #26 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

You know there are regular pinball meets in Wellington?
    PM me for details if you want to go along ....
    rd

Thanks Rotodave, I've connected with a few peeps down here over the last month - so all over the local scene now.

#27 6 years ago

One of my favourite beaches. About a hour out of Auckland city worth the drive spend the day exploring that part of auckland. Also Leigh marine reserve in the same area you can see the fish from the rocks. snorkel if you want.

http://regionalparks.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/tawharanui

2 weeks later
    #28 6 years ago

Here are the Comps that we will be running at Pincade -- subject to confirmation --

1/ Thursday Night- 3 strike Comp at Moon Bar in Wellington. Those who attended 3 years ago will know how great that was.

2/ Saturday night - fun Comp at Yees place. Format to be decided, no points, just a fun time.

3/ Sunday - System 11 World Champs #3. Play one game on each of 10 classic Sys11 games. Top 32 go into playoffs.

4/ Sunday - Pincade Classics #2. Play one game on each of 8 classic EM and SS titles. Top 32 go into playoffs.

5/ We will also run a Woman's Comp on Sunday - this will be NZs first Woman's Comp!

The ladies scores in the Sys11 qualifying will also be qualifying for the Woman's Comp - top 6 will go through to finals to be played on either the Sys11 or the Classics machines (your choice)

Danni will help me run this Comp. This Comp will earn "Woman's whoppers"

Whoppers ahoy! Whoppers for alllllll!

Sweet!

rd

2 weeks later
    #29 6 years ago

Well, that's toast. Hope u are doing 2019! My wife has to switch jobs, so with a probable break in her income, and no guarantee she will be able to get the time, looks like I'm out . Will try again for '19, already picked out a lot of extra things to do in NZ too. Hope your show in '18 goes amazing!

2 weeks later
    #30 6 years ago

Pincade related - sort of.

Danni_NZ has started up Belles and Chimes in NZ ... the first chapter outside of the USA!

While we may not have time for an Offical Belles and Chimes Comp during Pincade, the Belles will certainly be getting together!

rd

6135E41D-2D3F-476C-9E5B-67E107DF80EA (resized).png6135E41D-2D3F-476C-9E5B-67E107DF80EA (resized).png

4 weeks later
    #31 6 years ago

Hi Dave,
    Is it possible to check out the Wellington event only? Im such a newbe and not any good any games yet, but wouldn't mind just checking it out.
    Thanks
    Justin

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Hi Dave,
    Is it possible to check out the Wellington event only? Im such a newbe and not any good any games yet, but wouldn't mind just checking it out.
    Thanks
    Justin

Yes, of course.

Message rocky2 here and he’ll get you some tickets sorted.

rd

2 weeks later
    #33 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Here are the Comps that we will be running at Pincade -- subject to confirmation --

Hi Dave

I'm thinking of attending.

Are the competitions now confirmed?

Any reason why no points at Yee's?

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Hi Dave
    I'm thinking of attending.
    Are the competitions now confirmed?
    Any reason why no points at Yee's?

Yees is just a fun event. There are going to be some “pinball Olympics” style games there.

There are 4 other huge comps over the 4 days so plenty of opportunities for Whoppers.

1/ wellington Pincade (Thursday)
    2/ Sys11 Champs (Sunday)
    3/ Pincade Classics (Sunday)
    4/ Pincade Womans (Sunday)

Nice!

rd

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Yees is just a fun event. There are going to be some “pinball Olympics” style games there.
    There are 4 other huge comps over the 4 days so plenty of opportunities for Whoppers.
    1/ wellington Pincade (Thursday)
    2/ Sys11 Champs (Sunday)
    3/ Pincade Classics (Sunday)
    4/ Pincade Womans (Sunday)
    Nice!
    rd

you should do ifpa tournament at your Apartment on friday night in city?
    that IFPA tournament this year was awesome good mix pinball machines to play

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from kimzone:

you should do ifpa tournament at your Apartment on friday night in city?
    that IFPA tournament this year was awesome good mix pinball machines to play

We will see what schedule Yeeeeee comes up with.

The Apartment was good this Pincade, even though 90 people and 15 pins were a lot in an apartment.

rd

86CA7A6F-2B43-409A-89C9-15B71451BF6B (resized).jpeg86CA7A6F-2B43-409A-89C9-15B71451BF6B (resized).jpeg

949DEE94-DD43-4AC1-ADD7-31AD8D9B5863 (resized).jpeg949DEE94-DD43-4AC1-ADD7-31AD8D9B5863 (resized).jpeg

0223AC0A-2CC3-49CD-BAA3-89C31121F7C5 (resized).jpeg0223AC0A-2CC3-49CD-BAA3-89C31121F7C5 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #37 6 years ago

Not long to go now ...11 weeks!

Time to step up and book your flights.

Jessica twazu is coming down from Portland for both Wellington and Auckland legs.

Come along and join the fun!

rd

#38 6 years ago

Flights have been secured, wallet is bleeding, and I'm beyond excited to make the journey! I'm sticking around most of the week following the tourney, so send me all of the weird/wonderful (not-so-touristy) things to see/do!

1 week later
    #39 6 years ago

Just booked my flight too - excited!!! Tiki bar tips appreciated

#40 6 years ago

Good to have you on board, Gene!

Maybe post up a couple of your photos up here, to show the kiwis what you can do.

rd

#41 6 years ago

Thanks Dave - can't wait to make it down there! I'll see if I can find a few good pix. Hopefully people will be fine with me taking some shots during the comps too. Here's a few fun ones:

pinball2014_0157f (resized).jpgpinball2014_0157f (resized).jpg

pinball2014_0781f (resized).jpgpinball2014_0781f (resized).jpg

pinball2014_1419f (resized).jpgpinball2014_1419f (resized).jpg

pinball2014_1435f (resized).jpgpinball2014_1435f (resized).jpg

pinball2015_0394f (resized).jpgpinball2015_0394f (resized).jpg

pinball2015_0890f (resized).jpgpinball2015_0890f (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #42 6 years ago

Bump!

Just sent in fees for me & a guest (identity TBD). Planning to spend a few extra days in-country either before or after the event, but haven't quite decided which end yet. May let the flight prices determine that for me. Haven't really settled on which airport to connect through either... SF, LAX? Or try the Hawaiian flight through Honolulu...

Is anyone planning to coordinate Auck-Welly flights/rides? (pinball party plane??!)

I dunno about any of you, but i'm already super excited about this. I even just decided to renew my passport several months early to make sure some stupid work travel scheduling doesn't get in the way.

#43 6 years ago

Good times. I was wondering last night if you were coming over.

Re Wellington flights, I haven’t booked them yet but generally we are leaving around the 2pm mark.

rd

#44 6 years ago

Just for attendeees: (ex Chairman Yee)

- Registrations for Pincade 2018 and payment schedule -

Hi everyone

Pincade’s main aim is for a friendly, sociable gaming event on a cost neutral basis. All prices are the same as last year. Clothing quality is very good, I've had several people mention that to me so the same brand will be used.

For those wanting to attend Pincade, here are your options:

Bronze package $A30 per adult or $A45 per household. Entry one day only. includes lanyard, name tag, entry for any comps on that day. Any food provided on that day (venue dependent).

Silver package $A60 per adult or $A90 per household. Multiple day entry pass, includes lanyard, name tag, entry for any comps on any day you attend. Any food provided on those days (venue dependent).

Gold package $A110 incorporates silver package plus Pincade merchandise [Pincade T shirt, coffee mug, beer mug and 2 stubby coolers].

Platinum package $A200 includes gold package plus polo shirt and hoodie.

Diamond package $A300 includes the Platinum package plus 2 tickets for the Judge Dredd pinball raffle.

Payment can be either Paypal as a gift in $A. Or $NZ cash on arrival.

Extra Pincade items available: coffee mug $10, beer mug $10, stubby coolers $5, single coloured T shirts from previous years (grey, blue or black) $20, 10th anniversary T shirt $30, polo shirt $30, hoodie $60. You must pre-order any extras.

If you are hosting this weekend you get a free Gold package. If you have hosted Pincade twice previously (whether in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch), you have a free Silver package.

The 12th Feb 2018 is the cut off date for ordering your Pincade clothing. Any payments after this date also incur an additional $20 late fee.

Thanks for all your support, everyone!

Cheers
    Yee.

(Pm me (rd) for payment details)

rd

#45 6 years ago

New schedule of comps for Pincade 2018:

1: Thursday 6pm, Moon Bar, Wellington: 3 strike Comp

2: Friday from 5pm, The RD Apartment: Total Nuclear Annihilation Launch Party. Everyone gets two games to qualify for the top 16 finals.

3: Saturday from 5pm: fun Comp at Yees. No points.

4: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: System 11 World Champs. Everyone gets one game on 10 Classic Sys11 Games. Top 32 make playoffs.

5: Sunday 9am, Pukekohe: Pincade Classics. Everyone gets one game on 8 Classic titles. Top 32 make playoffs.

6: Sunday, Pukekohe: Pincade Woman’s Comp. Top 8 woman from Sys11 qualifying make finals.

We will be looking for some scorers for the Sunday comps.

All good!

rd

1 week later
    #46 6 years ago

Glad to see some people from usa and canada coming.

As I might told already, my company requires me full time this year, she walked for a while then now she runs very slowly (private joke inside).

I am already thinking about 2019... but I never promise.

Of course it is not a pleasure to have to work instead of having fun in pincade but it is a wise choice (and i am not a wise men sometimes)

I wish you a lot of fun and I ll check everything going on as I will not defend my titles of the Sydney pinball marathon and Sys 11 comp...

Good flipping to all and hope to put my arms again on a certain Twilight Zone that is chillin' at the beach house (no roast pork for me in 2018 !!)

Congrats to Yee and Rd for hosting this wonderful event.

Franck Bona
    From France

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

(and i am not a wise men sometimes)

Especially when you drink all my gin!

Lol

rd

#48 6 years ago

I must admit that if a gin bottle is in the area I will find it and sometimes... perhaps.... drink it !

1 week later
    #49 6 years ago

Offical shirt, polos and hoodie designs are up ...

rd

3DD5AC39-FB4D-46C3-A577-4B668BB9FDD6 (resized).jpeg3DD5AC39-FB4D-46C3-A577-4B668BB9FDD6 (resized).jpeg

1A66A359-0856-4E49-A0AC-FB35E4AC3937 (resized).jpeg1A66A359-0856-4E49-A0AC-FB35E4AC3937 (resized).jpeg

D7B28874-8FFD-4211-90CE-7F086EE78466 (resized).jpegD7B28874-8FFD-4211-90CE-7F086EE78466 (resized).jpeg

#50 6 years ago

Look what I got working, just for you to play at Pincade.

rd

29096C74-BE63-4E2A-9EBE-F29CF5A87464 (resized).jpeg29096C74-BE63-4E2A-9EBE-F29CF5A87464 (resized).jpeg

5CC8BFE7-7AB1-43FC-A145-ECDE82148C7A (resized).jpeg5CC8BFE7-7AB1-43FC-A145-ECDE82148C7A (resized).jpeg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiwi-pincade-2018-one-of-the-worlds-greatest-pinball-events?hl=kiwipinz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.