The schedule has been set for Kiwi Pincade 2018!!
Kiwi Pincade is held sequentially at various locations throughout New Zealand over four days. This year's two cities will be Wellington and Auckland. Although fine tuning to the timetable will come over the next few months, these things are set in concrete:
1. Starts in Wellington, Thursday 8th March 2018 1pm at a commercial location where festivities and a tournament (Wellington Pincade IFPA 3 strike competition) will be held beginning in the early evening. Location TBA but probably the Moon Bar.
2. Friday 9th March 9am until 1pm: Breakfast and pinball at a Wellington host's home or another commercial venue from
3. Friday 1-3pm: Fly to Auckland (about one hour's flight time) followed by one or two people's gamesroom that afternoon/night.
4. Saturday 10 March from 9am: Breakfast at the first gamesroom, followed by two or three other gamesrooms around Auckland.
5. Sunday 11 March from 9am: all day at the RD arcade in Pukekohe where two huge tournaments will be held. These are the Pincade Classics and the 3rd System 11 World Championships. We expect around 100 participants for each tournament so there will be lots of IFPA points if you play well. Both tournaments will be run concurrently with set playoff times for each.
There will be a charge to attend like last year. Bronze, Silver and Gold. This helps pay for venue costs, trophies, lanyards and name tags etc. We haven't finalized prices but to give you an idea, it will be around $60 to attend the entire weekend. Pincade T shirts, hoodies, raffle tickets will be extra. Some breakfasts will be included in your $60. Crazy bargain time.
Yee will raffle off a restored Judge Dredd pinball machine on Saturday night. This will be limited to 100 tickets. Ticket price will be $50 each. If the lucky owner doesn't want it, it will be followed by an auction.
Pincade 2017 was a record year with 160 attendees including 34 from overseas. Come join the fun!!
If anyone has any questions, fire them up on this tread and I'll answer them for you.