Kiwi Pincade 2018 - One of the worlds greatest Pinball events!

By rotordave

3 weeks ago

Stats

• 27 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by fugus
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6914 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0155 (resized).JPG

#1 23 days ago

The schedule has been set for Kiwi Pincade 2018!!

Kiwi Pincade is held sequentially at various locations throughout New Zealand over four days. This year's two cities will be Wellington and Auckland. Although fine tuning to the timetable will come over the next few months, these things are set in concrete:

1. Starts in Wellington, Thursday 8th March 2018 1pm at a commercial location where festivities and a tournament (Wellington Pincade IFPA 3 strike competition) will be held beginning in the early evening. Location TBA but probably the Moon Bar.

2. Friday 9th March 9am until 1pm: Breakfast and pinball at a Wellington host's home or another commercial venue from

3. Friday 1-3pm: Fly to Auckland (about one hour's flight time) followed by one or two people's gamesroom that afternoon/night.

4. Saturday 10 March from 9am: Breakfast at the first gamesroom, followed by two or three other gamesrooms around Auckland.

5. Sunday 11 March from 9am: all day at the RD arcade in Pukekohe where two huge tournaments will be held. These are the Pincade Classics and the 3rd System 11 World Championships. We expect around 100 participants for each tournament so there will be lots of IFPA points if you play well. Both tournaments will be run concurrently with set playoff times for each.

There will be a charge to attend like last year. Bronze, Silver and Gold. This helps pay for venue costs, trophies, lanyards and name tags etc. We haven't finalized prices but to give you an idea, it will be around $60 to attend the entire weekend. Pincade T shirts, hoodies, raffle tickets will be extra. Some breakfasts will be included in your $60. Crazy bargain time.

Yee will raffle off a restored Judge Dredd pinball machine on Saturday night. This will be limited to 100 tickets. Ticket price will be $50 each. If the lucky owner doesn't want it, it will be followed by an auction.

Pincade 2017 was a record year with 160 attendees including 34 from overseas. Come join the fun!!

If anyone has any questions, fire them up on this tread and I'll answer them for you.

Cheers!
    rd

#2 23 days ago

awesome!

Wish I could come!

#3 23 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

awesome!
    Wish I could come!

Make it so!!

rd

#4 23 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Make it so!!
    rd

wont be this year, but maybe 2019.

Is this always early march?

#5 23 days ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wont be this year, but maybe 2019.
    Is this always early march?

Yeah, always March sometime.

rd

#6 23 days ago

I'm hoping I can pull this off. I so badly want to get there for this.

#7 23 days ago

Trying to make this happen for my wife and I, the flight to Auckland, is that set up by the event or do we make our own arrangements?

#8 23 days ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Trying to make this happen for my wife and I, the flight to Auckland, is that set up by the event or do we make our own arrangements?

You make your own bookings for the flights.

You can fly Air New Zealand or Jetstar, if you book online well in advance it only costs around $39-49 each (nzd). Usually the flights leave 2-230pm.

rd

#9 23 days ago
    Quoted from jar155:

I'm hoping I can pull this off. I so badly want to get there for this.

Fly fishing in Taupo for you!

rd

#10 22 days ago

As a previous Pincade 8 attendee, I can say with confidence (and as an American, lol) that it is one of the best international pinball events you can ever hope to travel to.

Awesomely gracious people first off. (Both attending and hosting... )
    Beautiful NZ scenery to be had during your stay whilst traveling to each venue.
    Good eats. (Grass fed beef!)
    RD's collection ALONE is a must visit.
    THE Wayne Anderson!!!
    L&P is delicious.
    Air NZ is probably the best airline ever.

If anyone in the states is "on the fence" attending such an event like this, just let me know and I'd be happy to push you off of said fence with tales of adventure...or Ad Jonker slideshows.
    Whichever is easier. lol

They also have Hobbits...

IMG_0155 (resized).JPG

#11 22 days ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

They also have Hobbits...

I remember when we were there, a Hobbit came right out!!

rd

IMG_6914 (resized).PNG

#12 22 days ago

What prices are you quoting in? Dollarydoos? USD? Kiwi bucks?

#13 22 days ago
    Quoted from FalconPunch:

What prices are you quoting in? Dollarydoos? USD? Kiwi bucks?

NZ bucks.

Mind you, $60 for a weekend of pinball fun is cheap in any currency....

rd

#14 22 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

NZ bucks.
    Mind you, $60 for a weekend of pinball fun is cheap in any currency....
    rd

I'll pay $60 just for one game on TNA when it arrives

#15 22 days ago
    Quoted from Grg:

I'll pay $60 just for one game on TNA when it arrives

hopefully they'll be here before Xmas... and I'll happily take some of your juicy sales commission money

rd

#16 22 days ago

I'll be coming along for my third Pincade! Can't wait, and I've got a friend coming over with me for his first too.

#17 22 days ago
    Quoted from Mar:

I'll be coming along for my third Pincade! Can't wait, and I've got a friend coming over with me for his first too.

Very good! And I have your present from Texas waiting for you in the office too, don't forget to grab it ....

rd

#18 22 days ago

Found a flight plan that would include the flight between the cities. Now figuring out some other activities while there. Planning some rafting, diving, hiking, and my wife wants the Hobbit tour. Looking to be there at least 10 days. Fly that far, make it worth the flight time.

#19 22 days ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Looking to be there at least 10 days. Fly that far, make it worth the flight time.

That's the ticket!

Same as us when we visit Europe/USA ... its a long way to fly, so make the most of it while you're there.

Lots of activities all over the country.

rd

#20 21 days ago

Good time of the year for those outdoor pursuits. Good stable weather.

#21 21 days ago

Thanks to Head2Head podcast for the Pincade shoutout!

Just to clarify, Pincade is very much Yee's baby, but we all pitch in to help out.

rd

#22 21 days ago

This looks amazing.....how have I missed the previous ones, all in my own back yard too!

#23 21 days ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinz:

This looks amazing.....how have I missed the previous ones, all in my own back yard too!

You know there are regular pinball meets in Wellington?

PM me for details if you want to go along ....

rd

#24 20 days ago

So what's the weather like in March in NZ? I was planning on heading somewhere with a beach in March, but that'd be end of summer for NZ, correct?

#25 20 days ago
    Quoted from sulakd:

So what's the weather like in March in NZ? I was planning on heading somewhere with a beach in March, but that'd be end of summer for NZ, correct?

The last few years, Feb/March are the nicest months of the year, weatherwise.

Lots of nice white sand beaches down the east coast of the North Island.

rd

1 week later
    #26 12 days ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

You know there are regular pinball meets in Wellington?
    PM me for details if you want to go along ....
    rd

Thanks Rotodave, I've connected with a few peeps down here over the last month - so all over the local scene now.

#27 12 days ago

One of my favourite beaches. About a hour out of Auckland city worth the drive spend the day exploring that part of auckland. Also Leigh marine reserve in the same area you can see the fish from the rocks. snorkel if you want.

http://regionalparks.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/tawharanui

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 299.99
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    PinballBulbs
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 244.99
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 299.99
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 248.00
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.