(Topic ID: 104612)

Kiwi Pincade 2015 & RDs LOTR tour - completed!

By rotordave

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-685.jpg
    image.jpg
    Car.jpg
    6357214-3x2-700x467.jpg
    waynecouchsm.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150307_193516.jpg
    image-176.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-452.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150307_193841.jpg

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 years ago

While most of the hordes are stuffing their faces with "the meat", the wise few sneak off to play the pins ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

#152 6 years ago
    20150307_174626.jpg 20150307_174722.jpg 20150307_174816.jpg 20150307_185904.jpg 20150307_185937.jpg
    #153 6 years ago
    20150307_174702.jpg 20150307_174649.jpg 20150307_174636.jpg 20150307_174649-157.jpg
    #154 6 years ago

When u see it....

20150307_193841.jpg
    #155 6 years ago

Wayne Anderson ... The sexy singer of songs! ... provided the entertainment tonight.

And what entertainment it was!!

image.jpg

#156 6 years ago

Budgie smuggler

#157 6 years ago

Man, you were loving the pants!

Brenda said you have some exactly the same!!

Dirty old dog!!

rd.

#158 6 years ago

2.30 am and only 4 left standing ....

#1 France
    #2 Australia
    #1 NZ
    #1 Nimblepin.

image.jpg

#159 6 years ago

Off to Nicks on the North Shore ... 25 CQ pins.

Plus 100,000 Star Wars Figures.

This is the main room.

image.jpg

image.jpg

#160 6 years ago

Stop the Pinsanity!

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Stop the Pinsanity!

Tooooooo mannnnyyyy pinnnnnssssss

Alllllll merrrgggggging intooooo onneeeeeee nowwwwwww

So for a super special once in a lifetime treat, I took a NimbleyNuts and Joy to Devonport beach for classic kiwi fish and chips with a L&P drink.

Luxury.

image.jpg

image.jpg

#162 6 years ago

Knowing both well I gave to say I far prefer L&P to Shasta!

#163 6 years ago

L&P is world famous... in NZ. Love the stuff.

#164 6 years ago

What a great weekend! Thanks to all the hosts. I know how much time and effort goes into getting the pins up to standard.. well done

20150307_193516.jpg
    #165 6 years ago

NimblePin loves Wayne Anderson. He is watching every episode of Wayne's reality show as we speak.

He's even come up for a caption for this picture ...

WAYNE ANDERSON - SINGER OF SCHLONGS

Singer of SCHLONGS!

#166 6 years ago

Looks like a great time RD!

#167 6 years ago

Ironic in the fact that I took this photo several hours before the show when we were out ordering the pizzas...image.jpg

For those of you who doubt the star power of Wayne, I give you episode one.
    Please to enjoy!

Fingers crossed I can convince Rotordave to become Wayne's new manager because he deserves a real shot at international "greatness." (Plus, RD actually owns a working car! ) His jokes, positive outlook on life and the love of piping hot food have made me a lifeschlong fan!

If they ever do a movie based on his life, I nominate John C. Reilly.
    Kickstarter anyone?

#168 6 years ago

My life is now complete ... I beat Franck Bona on a $5 game of Electra and took his money

Franck doesn't give up his bucks easily!!

image.jpg

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

When u see it....

20150307_193841.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Cant see were RD's hand is...Curious, Who is doing the "entertaining".

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

For those of you who doubt the star power of Wayne, I give you episode one.
    Please to enjoy

Cool story. I wonder where we can see the remaining episodes in the US?
    -mof

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Cant see were RD's hand is...Curious, Who is doing the "entertaining".

Wayne was asking me about your "black hole" but I said you put it up for tender, so he lost interest.

Lollllllllll

rd

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Cool story. I wonder where we can see the remaining episodes in the US?
    -mof

Just put "Wayne Anderson Singer of Songs" into YouTube, and they are all there.

First series is "singer of songs" ... Second series is "glory days"

He's a legend.

rd.

#173 6 years ago

Pincade 2015 is finished and I only have one word:
    Awesome !!!!
    4 full days of pinball and a countless number of pins.

Perfect organization and sooo much fun.
    Only my feet suffered on Sunday evening.

I definitely will try to be in NZ for Pincade 9 next year.

Thanks to all the Kiwis involved for the organization, preparation, driving around, providing places to sleep and having opened their houses and collections to allow us to play all these pins (many I have never played or seen before).

A fantastic event !!!

Cheers,
    flugs

1 week later
    #174 6 years ago

One week after the pincade, it is the right time to tell that ok, papa 18 exists, but also pincade with a very cool/fun things...

Congratulation to all the pinball collector for opening their gameroom for this wonderfu event, it is very unique in the world.

As a real champion, I will have to defend my 2 titles but south hemisphere is far...

It would be nice to meet new international players to pincade 9, just to chill out from world tournaments.

Flug is right, hope to make it next year... Why not...

I have to take my 5 bucks back !!

Last thing : my son is very happy with his trip !

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Congratulation to all the pinball collector for opening their gameroom for this wonderfu event, it
    Flug is right, hope to make it next year... Why not...
    I have to take my 5 bucks back !!
    Last thing : my son is very happy with his trip !

The $5 is getting glued to the wall Francky.

I'm still trying to figure out how I get 9b on AFM in practice and then only 1b vs your 2b in the final against you. Back to square one for me! But the experience playing against the top players is invaluable, I learn something every time I compete.

rd.

#176 6 years ago

Franck next time we have to meet in comp... Chances are you wont be able to defend :p

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Franck next time we have to meet in comp... Chances are you wont be able to defend :p

Woooooo big words from the big guy!

That's why we always put SS and EM in Pincade, just to hurry things along a bit. If it was all DMD youd still be playng them! Haha

rd.

#178 6 years ago

Hard to believe it has been a week already! (well, +2 days I guess...)
    Thanks again for all of the hospitality RD+family and ALL the NZ guys that opened their game rooms!
    It was great to play some late night Future Spa and Paragon with you RGR; it's too bad there wasn't enough down time in the trip to have more of those moments.

Ad Jonker was the international MAN, with what seemed to be a Zettabyte worth of pictures from every small village and train station around the globe; possibly a few from space...
    I miss you buddy!!! (but I can still hear him talking in my head. )
    Franck was the undisputed heavyweight.....................champion of the Pincade!
    With zero losses in both tournaments, he was aLmOsT as laid back as Jimmy Buffett!

I'm not going to lie though,
    It's really good to be back home consuming large quantities of free chips and salsa again.
    If I ever decide to move to NZ, I'm definitely opening up a proper Mexican restaurant with key menu items borrowed from all the great places we have here in SoCal. I'd of course bring some thornless mexican lime seedlings with me to help make Fiona a proper margarita.

Anyhoo!
    Thanks again for an awesome "Pincade 8" and I'll probably be back for possibly the 11th or 12th one, if I can plan for it.
    Who am I kidding... I'd go just to see my favorite "Manurewa Sex Bomb", Wayne Anderson again!
    waynecouchsm.jpg

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I'm not going to lie though,
    It's really good to be back home consuming large quantities of free chips and salsa again.
    If I ever decide to move to NZ, I'm definitely opening up a proper Mexican restaurant with key menu items borrowed from all the great places we have here in SoCal.

Come on NimbleNuts, we all know you were gagging for another Jungle Curry....

I'll get you out of that bland mexican stuff yet! Shame we didn't have time to have some A-Grade Indian or Thai while you were here, it would have blown your socks off.

Wayne-o-Rama!

rd.

#180 6 years ago

Yep late night future spa actions with limited players in the room was gold. Prob be seeing nimble again before you see me.... Going to try and run the U.S. again next year....

#181 6 years ago

Ok Nimblepin, time for a margarita at Margaritaville (too easy to say !!, Jimmy Buffet' s margarita bar)

But it could be nice to travel NZ next year, then So Cal to visit you and Pinburgh on the way back to Europe... Rgr is motivated to go pincade then papa or pinburgh... But not on the same plane (2 heavyweight on the sameplane and it would be impossible to take off !!)

In fact I was on holiday, with booze, pinball and my son. I played very concentrated and the trophies are here in my dining room and a real champion have to defend his titles !! So... a year to wait...

RGR, pinball marathon could have been an occasion for me to fight against Edy and you on the finals, I was only waiting for that... Unfortunately the random players at the wrong time... And you know what I think of Who Dunnit...

A last thing is my best score ever on TZ at Pauloz place : 5.9 B is huge and a good souvenir...but on my 3 rd LITZ, the balls did not registered correctly and did not went to the gumball so 2 extra balls lost because TZ was tired...

Rotordave, see ya in Goteborg and play attack from mars (yes 9 B in practising to reach 1.5 on the tournament... when you face an opponnent, it is more difficult sometimes)...

#182 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Ok Nimblepin, time for a margarita at Margaritaville (too easy to say !!, Jimmy Buffet' s margarita bar)
    But it could be nice to travel NZ next year, then So Cal to visit you and Pinburgh on the way back to Europe...

That'd be great!! NimbleNuts will have his spare room ready!

Hopefully Wayne Anderson can go too!

Quoted from Bul:

Rgr is motivated to go pincade then papa or pinburgh... But not on the same plane (2 heavyweight on the sameplane and it would be impossible to take off !!)

It was a mistake to have Francky and RGR both sitting on the left side of my Lexus ISF ... The Tyres were rubbing on the guards and now they have gouges in them hahahaha

Quoted from Bul:

Rotordave, see ya in Goteborg and play attack from mars (yes 9 B in practising to reach 1.5 on the tournament... when you face an opponnent, it is more difficult sometimes)...

No shit!!

You have 22 years of world champs experience so us kiwis and aussies are novices ... But we are learning quickly! One day Francky, one day .....

rd.

2 weeks later
    #183 6 years ago

Ok, maybe the right time to think about pincade dates for 2016 ?? If the dates could be known as soon as possible (9 month or more) it would be less difficult to find good flight rates to travel to NZ... But as I know that organising a pinball tournament is not an easy task, i just can t imagine how difficult it can be for a pincade...

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Ok, maybe the right time to think about pincade dates for 2016 ?? If the dates could be known as soon as possible (9 month or more) it would be less difficult to find good flight rates to travel to NZ... But as I know that organising a pinball tournament is not an easy task, i just can t imagine how difficult it can be for a pincade...

We will be discussing it in a few weeks Franckkkkky, I will let you know.

I already have interest from overseas to attend the 2016 Pincade so agreed, the earlier the better for the dates.

rd

#185 6 years ago

Yes, now that Ifpa points format have changed, it will be more fun to travel to other things !
    See ya in a few weeks Daviiiiieeee !!

#186 6 years ago

I did enjoy firepower as an alarm clock... Thanks Franck!

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

I did enjoy firepower as an alarm clock... Thanks Franck!

Lollll

Quoted from Bul:

See ya in a few weeks Daviiiiieeee !!

Yes Franckyyyyyyyy only a month or so to go. Haven't even booked accomodation yet. Boras is booked, nothing else though ... Better get on to it.

rd.

#188 6 years ago

For anyone interested in attending Pincade 2016, here are a few of Yees photos of the 2015 event to let you know what you're in for.

My place:

http://s881.photobucket.com/user/yeefong/slideshow/Kiwi%20Pincade%208/Rotordave

Yees place

http://s881.photobucket.com/user/yeefong/slideshow/Kiwi%20Pincade%208/rocky2

Mikes place

http://s881.photobucket.com/user/yeefong/slideshow/Kiwi%20Pincade%208/Radar

NicksFigurrrrrreeees place

http://s881.photobucket.com/user/yeefong/slideshow/Kiwi%20Pincade%208/nickfigures

Also some great photos by pro photographer Matt Venables on this page of all the venues.

Scroll down to the posts by MALONE. (Aka Matt)

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/69226-KIWI-PINCADE-Part-8-NEW-ZEALAND-2015/page10

Sweet!
    rd.

#189 6 years ago

And one of the local Wellington guys made this short doco on the Pincade Comp at Moon Bar in Wellington.

I think we had 67 entrants in the comp. Not bad for a Thursday night.

Enjoy ....

https://vimeo.com/122890413#at=0

rd.

#190 6 years ago

This meet looks like heaven. Anyway he's a photo for the kiwis!

6357214-3x2-700x467.jpg
    #191 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

For anyone interested in attending Pincade 2016, here are a few of Yees photos of the 2015 event to let you know what you're in for.
    My place:
    http://s881.photobucket.com/user/yeefong/slideshow/Kiwi%20Pincade%208/Rotordave

So what is the car in the background on the right in this picture?

Car.jpg

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

So what is the car in the background on the right in this picture?
    Car.jpg

Mike VB's Smart Roadster.

rd.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

This meet looks like heaven. Anyway he's a photo for the kiwis!

6357214-3x2-700x467.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

All I see in that picture are a bunch of arrogant dicks wearing yellow.

These pictures have a much nicer look about them.

rd.

image.jpg

image.jpg

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

All I see in that picture are a bunch of arrogant dicks wearing yellow.
    These pictures have a much nicer look about them.
    rd.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

That's canary gold my friend. But yeah i agree i love cricket but there's 3 or 4 guys in our squad at the moment i can't stand as human beings.

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

I was wondering the same thing. Interesting.

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

Looking it up it is a car that, had it not experienced issues, one would think would excel most anywhere in the world. Too bad they had issues. Explains why I've never seen one here in the states.

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside