(Topic ID: 104612)

Kiwi Pincade 2015 & RDs LOTR tour - completed!

By rotordave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-685.jpg
    image.jpg
    Car.jpg
    6357214-3x2-700x467.jpg
    waynecouchsm.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150307_193516.jpg
    image-176.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-452.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150307_193841.jpg
    There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

What is Hearseball ? What is a race turbo 20b ?? Are you talking about a pinball machine ?

They are indeed talking about a pinball machine.....in the back of a moving vehicle, in this case a hearse moving at just over 10kph and the player running behind it.

Here is the thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-olympics-event-hearseball

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

What is Hearseball ? What is a race turbo 20b ?? Are you talking about a pinball machine ?

Paul is right ... We played it at my house last weekend.

Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/X-9glS8Jd7A?autoplay=1&rel=0

rd.

#53 9 years ago

Wonderful, seems very fun !! But Rgr and i are not running very fast and very long... Who won the trophy ??
    This kind of thing is scheduled for pincade ??

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Wonderful, seems very fun !! But Rgr and i are not running very fast and very long... Who won the trophy ??
    This kind of thing is scheduled for pincade ??

Simonzzz won HearseBall ... He got 93m and did 1 1/2 laps.

Maybe we will do it at Pincade, it depends on what time we have available on Saturday.

rd.

#55 9 years ago

Latest confirmed:

Franck Bona from France
    Adam (Franck Junior) from France
    Ad Jonker from Holland
    Nimblepin (aka NimbleNuts) from Orange County (that's not Los Angeles)
    Mrs Nimblepin from Orange County

Possibly two mystery guests from San Francisco. Working on that.

I'll probably look at a cut off date of 31 December 2014 for bookings ... As Pincade is at the beginning of March and I need to get hotels booked etc.

Sweet!
    rd.

#56 9 years ago

Franck Junior is Adam !
    Pincade is going international !! Good job mates!

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Franck Junior is Adam !
    Pincade is going international !! Good job mates!

Ok Franck! Updated the list.

rd

2 weeks later
    #58 9 years ago

Bump up to the top for the holidays!

Blow your bonus check on a pinball experience in New Zealand!

Whooooopa!

rd.

#59 9 years ago

Salut,

Yes, yes, yes.
    I will be in NZ in March, so I will be joining Pincade 2015.
    I'm not sure if I could go to Wellington on Thursday, but I will be in Auckland.
    I'm really excited to meet so many pin guys and see the great machines and collections.

Happy new year to everybody,
    Cheers,
    flugs

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from flugs:

Salut,
    Yes, yes, yes.
    I will be in NZ in March, so I will be joining Pincade 2015.
    I'm not sure if I could go to Wellington on Thursday, but I will be in Auckland.
    I'm really excited to meet so many pin guys and see the great machines and collections.
    Happy new year to everybody,
    Cheers,
    flugs

Cool Oliver! Finally you will get to visit my house. You never seem to make it out.

Look forward to it!!

rd.

#61 9 years ago

Latest confirmed:
    Franck Bona from France
    Adam (Franck Junior) from France
    Ad Jonker from Holland
    Nimblepin (aka NimbleNuts) from Orange County (that's not Los Angeles)
    Mrs Nimblepin from Orange County
    Oliver from France

Possibly two mystery guests from San Francisco. Still working on that.

rd.

#62 9 years ago

You will have to speak french RD !! That s cool to know that we will not speak english all the time !

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

You will have to speak french RD !! That s cool to know that we will not speak english all the time !

My French = "Helllooooooo ladiesssss" spoke in a very very bad French accent. Lollllllllll

rd.

#64 9 years ago

It is wonderful to see NZ-France relations mended by pinball so many years after the Rainbow Warrior incident

#65 9 years ago

I don' t care about Rainbow Warrior, I just care about girls and pinballs !

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

It is wonderful to see NZ-France relations mended by pinball so many years after the Rainbow Warrior incident

Are Aussies jealous of the new NZ-France honeymoon?
    We love you too!

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

I don' t care about Rainbow Warrior, I just care about girls and pinballs !

Well, as long as you don't blow up any boats while you're here, you're welcome to come Francky!

rd.

#68 9 years ago

Awww, je t'aime aussi(e)

#69 9 years ago

I prefer police women' s (like in Hattersheim) to the boats, I don' t feel as a good sailor...
    Jlm, it is a real shame that you can' t make it, it is a real blast and travel that far is not so difficult...

1 month later
    #70 9 years ago

Pincade Schedule has been sorted....

Friday 6th March

3-6pm at Clive's place in Dannemora (an emphasis on early solid state games). Snacks provided. Classic games like Centaur, Paragon, Black Knight, Sinbad, Hay Burners 2, Heavy Metal Meltdown, black rose, fish tales, Night Moves, GnR and possibly Black Water 100 etc.

6pm-1am Pauloz's place BBQ, Half Moon Bay Modern games such as Walking Dead, WoZ, STLE, Metallica, AC/DC, Twilight Zone, LOTR and MM etc. Angel will be cooking her delicious roast pork again. BYO meat and drinks.

Sat 7th Mar

9am-4.30pm Willie's place Lynfield. Without a doubt, the finest movie/pinball themed gamesroom in NZ with over 25 pinballs in tip top shape. An unbelievable venue, you have to experience it to believe it.

9am-4.30pm Yee's place (video games heaven) Lynfield. Door prizes. BYO meat and drinks. BBQ is fired up at 12.30pm and we expect to be eating at 1pm. A premier venue with a good balance of pinballs and video games. A spacious deck with fantastic sea views. All original cabinets with games like Defender, Gyruss, Moon Patrol, Exerion, Galaga, Robotron and Asteroids Deluxe. Pinballs include Medieval Madness, ToTAN. Haunted House, Safe Cracker and WoZ. Everybody will be eligible to win donated door prizes. For every prize that you donate, you will get an extra chance to win other prizes, so bring along any unwanted gifts that you don't want. Pincade t shirts, stubby holders, beer and coffee mugs for sale.

Willie and I live about 400 metres apart, a 5 minute walk or 1 minute drive. We are co-hosting to alleviate crowd congestion at Willie's place. The bbq will start at 12.30pm and the door prize giveaways will be at 3.30pm so everyone will be at my place during those times.

5pm-1am rotordave's place IFPA tournament Pukekohe. $10 per head pizza night. By far the largest gamesroom in NZ, in excess of 90 pinballs to play. Wow!
    Warning: If you are late, you may be excluded from the tournament. The software does not allow any additional entries once the tournament starts. It's a knock-out format and each player has two lives, once you lose them, you are eliminated. Please be prompt as the tournament is scheduled to start shortly after 7pm.

Sun 8th Mar

9am to 12.30pm Mike's place (collectors' ecstasy) Grey Lynn. The biggest collection of console, handheld, game watches and calculators in NZ. If you want any old game set up, please post on the AA pincade thread as he's bound to have it. He's got pinballs and video games to boot. Breakfast will be on the bbq, please bring along some bacon or sausages or hash browns or even a loaf of bread to help out. Tea, coffee and juice will be provided.

1-5pm Nick's place (Bally/Williams galore) Millwater. Over 25 pinballs in tip top shape. Nick's a lousy player but a top notch collector/restorer. Lunch will be provided. Make your own ham sandwiches or plenty of snacks to eat too.

6pm-1am David's place (arcade city) Remuera. David's collection includes basketball, shooting, chexx hockey, driving, video and pinballs. A fun collection to admire and play. Please bring your own meat and drinks to the final bbq of the weekend.

rd.

#71 9 years ago

And Thursday the 5th of March at Moon in Newtown, 20ish pins with a good mix of old and new. Craft beer and excellent pizza.

Friday the 6th of March in the morning at Steve's place. EM's up to a WDLE. BBQ breakfast.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

And Thursday the 5th of March at Moon in Newtown, 20ish pins with a good mix of old and new. Craft beer and excellent pizza.
    Friday the 6th of March in the morning at Steve's place. EM's up to a WDLE. BBQ breakfast.

That's in Wellington for you out of towners ....

Kiwi Pincade ... The only pinball event in the world that has events 800 kilometers apart!

rd.

#73 9 years ago

This is undoubtedly the best pinball event I've ever heard of. You NZ guys clearly know how to party. Hope to make it next year.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This is undoubtedly the best pinball event I've ever heard of. You NZ guys clearly know how to party. Hope to make it next year.

Shame you couldn't make it this year ... Get a crew together from San Fran and come down next year.

Next year will be Christchurch/Auckland so it'll be a good chance to go to Queenstown and see the South Island.

That's where most of the latest Hobbit movie was filmed, to give you an idea.

rd.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No doubt the best meet in the world..

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

No doubt the best meet in the world..

Cheers Rich.

Tonight, I got some Pincade practice in.

Drunk a bottle of Deutz (cheap champagne) and a few Coronas and then played Batman Dark Knight.

I was seeing two balls instead of one, but managed 100m.

Things are on track for Pincade!!

rd.

#77 9 years ago

Offical Pincade TShirt thanks to Josh (accidental) and John.

Good effort guys.

In true pinball style, $30 Nzd preorder only (so they can be made just for you!!).

rd.

image-457.jpgimage-457.jpg

#78 9 years ago

Thank you dave !

Sounds very very busy, but for sure we will have fun again !

A very important point for Wellington, if we go to a bar or a place that sell alcohol, my 14 years old son will not be allowed to play the tournament or enter the venue, is this place is kid friendly ?

See you there !

#79 9 years ago

Your son will be fine at Moon where the comp is in Wellington. All the pizza and pinball he wants. There will be at least a couple other kids his age too.

#80 9 years ago

Coming up fast! Here is the poster for Moon in Wellington! We are doing an open to the public event on the 4th an pincade on the 5th.

Moon.jpgMoon.jpg

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Coming up fast! Here is the poster for Moon in Wellington! We are doing an open to the public event on the 4th an pincade on the 5th.

Ooooooooh fancy pants! Good work.

I wish we had a decent venue up here. I could do it but I don't need another job.

rd.

1 week later
    #82 9 years ago

Well, after a months work the RD Arcade is finished and ready for Pincade!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-448.jpgimage-448.jpg

image-306.jpgimage-306.jpg

#83 9 years ago

You Sir Dave, are a LEG END !
    good stuff.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

You Sir Dave, are a LEG END !
    good stuff.

That man deserves a beer. And a beer he shall have! Tomorrow.

rd.

#85 9 years ago

Wish I could make Auckland! Looking forward to Wellington at least!

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Wish I could make Auckland! Looking forward to Wellington at least!

You're not coming up? Crazy!! What's the story?

rd.

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

You're not coming up? Crazy!! What's the story?
    rd.

My daughters bday is on the 7th. It would not go down well if I missed it. Even for pincade!

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

My daughters bday is on the 7th. It would not go down well if I missed it. Even for pincade!

Bring her too! Heaps of kids at Pincade.

Pinball Birthday Party!! Nothing better than that!

rd.

#89 9 years ago

Dave this whole thing looks awesome!!! Can't make it this year but would love to try to shoot for next year!

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Dave this whole thing looks awesome!!! Can't make it this year but would love to try to shoot for next year!

I'll do a thread this year so you can assess the awesomeness

A couple of guys from SanFran are keen to come next year as well.

We also have a late addition coming too, Byron and Leisa are flying in from Washington DC area for the weekend!! A long way to come for 4 days, but what the hey! You only live once!

rd.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Bring her too! Heaps of kids at Pincade.
    Pinball Birthday Party!! Nothing better than that!
    rd.

Believe me I tried! She is about a year younger then Danielle but not into pinball I have more hope for my younger daughter

#92 9 years ago

it won t be possible to sleep Dave...Gameroom has improved sincelast year... great to see that and can t wait to see you monday, my hand s will hurt after pincade but I love it.

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

my hand s will hurt after pincade but I love it.

I bet!

rd.

#94 9 years ago

WOW Dave game room's looking great, not long to go now hope you guys enjoy the lord of the rings tour see you all in wellington.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from fugus:

WOW Dave game room's looking great, not long to go now hope you guys enjoy the Lord of the Rings tour see you all in wellington.

Sweet Johnboy! There's a few new ones since you were down a few months ago ...

rd.

#96 9 years ago

If there were a few more system 11s I might tempt the journey.

#97 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If there were a few more system 11s I might tempt the journey.

28 of the 30 not enough for you Odin old mate?

Come next year, I'll have the whole set! *

* Possibly.

rd.

#98 9 years ago

ThanKs for the invite! Last time I was there I didn't want to leave. Most perfect place on Earth. Except no Fartolitos. I suppose we could open up a new place. Farolito's NZ.

#99 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

ThanKs for the invite! Last time I was there I didn't want to leave. Most perfect place on Earth. Except no Fartolitos. I suppose we could open up a new place. Farolito's NZ.

Not if it smells like the L.A. version. No wait ... That was your ass! Haha!!

Plenty of mexican food here in Auckland. Mexican is the flavour of the month here at the moment.

Still time to get a last minute fare with that Tron cash and come down with NimbleNuts!!

rd

#100 9 years ago

Lookin good RD

You seem to have lost a pin? was 110 5mins ago now 109

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiwi-pincade-2015-the-biggest-weekend-of-pinball-on-the-planet-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.