(Topic ID: 104612)

Kiwi Pincade 2015 & RDs LOTR tour - completed!

By rotordave

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-685.jpg
    image.jpg
    Car.jpg
    6357214-3x2-700x467.jpg
    waynecouchsm.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150307_193516.jpg
    image-176.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-452.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150307_193841.jpg
    There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

Announcing the 2015 Kiwi Pincade!

This will be the 8th Annual running of Kiwi Pincade, and it has evolved into one of the biggest long weekends of Pinball and Arcade action anywhere on the planet.

Kiwi Pincade is organised by Yee here in Auckland, and all us other pinheads pitch in to help where we can. Every year around 25-30 Aussies fly in and join round 70 kiwis (I had 97 people at my house this year)

I will handle the international guests for Pincade this year. So far, we have visitors lined up from France, Germany, and the USA. If you guys come down from here, I will collect you at the airport and you can stay at my place free of charge. If I run out of room, we will sort something out.

All you need to do is get from your place to Auckland Airport and we will go from there.

Here is a quick summary of this mega event.....

- Thursday March 5th in Wellington, New Zealand
    - Friday, Saturday, Sunday in Auckland.
    - IFPA comps held in Wellington on Thursday and Auckland on Saturday.

You visit 11 different hosts who have 100s of pinballs, arcades and handheld games between them.

Any questions, please feel free to pop me a PM, or ask on here and I'll answer for you.

cheers!
    rd

Updated Schedule For International Guests

Here's what I plan to do. Everyone wants to do the LOTR things, so we shall do them.

You arrive any time you want, prior to Tuesday 3 March, 2015. Some are coming via Sydney as there are some pinball things in the weekend before.

We leave Auckland in a mini van on Tuesday March 3, 2015

We go to Hobbiton (around 1.5hrs from Auckland)
    Then, we go to Rotorua which has lots of attractions like bungy, luging, bubbly mud, geysers etc.
    Stay the night there.

Wednesday, we drive to Wellington via lake Taupo and the mountains. Some of the LOTR was filmed around here too. Arrive Wellington city on Weds afternoon. Lots of LOTR stuff to do there too.

Thursday (all day) and Friday (am) Pincade starts in Wellington. IFPA comp on Thursday night.

Friday, we dump the van at the airport and fly to Auckland where my cars will be waiting. Then we go to the first Auckland Pincade event on Friday night.

Saturday and Sunday, Pinball and beer all weekend until midnight Sunday night. 6 locations over the two days. Plenty of food etc. I will shuttle two cars around the events for the internationals.

After that, you're free to do what you want.

All good!!

rd.

#2 9 years ago

Yees Offical Pincade thread on Aussie Arcade:

http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showthread.php/69226-KIWI-PINCADE-Part-8-NEW-ZEALAND-2015?p=859144#post859144

Here it is, cut and pasted.

Kiwi PINCADE Part 8: New Zealand Meet 2015

The NZ boys would like to invite all kiwis, aussies and overseas guests to another meet. This meet kicks off in Wellington then parties on to Auckland.

Mark your calenders!!!!

From (2:00pm) Thurs 5th March 2015 - (11:30pm) Sunday, 8th March 2014. Pace yourselves, it's an arcade and pinball three and a half day marathon!

This is the approximate itinerary:

Thurs 5th March

Fly into Wellington from 2pm onwards. You will be met and picked up by the locals from the airport and taken to the first venue. . BBQ around 6.30pm. The food will be provided for around $10-$15 per head. BYO alcohol, soft drinks will be provided.

Accommodation will be at your own expense but we will get a group booking at a local hotel/motel.

Fri 6th Mar

Another wonderful Wellington venue after breakfast. One of the Wellington venues will incorporate an IFPA competition.
    Book flights to Auckland from 1pm onwards.

Arrive in Auckland, spend the rest of the day at one or two venues. BBQ around 6.30pm. Rock on until late (1am curfew).

Sat 8th Mar

3 different venues around Auckland.
    My home will be part of the rotation :http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showt...%28Auckland%29

Sun 9th Mar

3 more different venues around Auckland.

There will be beds & airport pickups/dropoffs in Auckland, as well as a few cold beers.

This event is getting larger every year so book your airfares and we'll hook you up with a host so you'll have a bed and transport. First in, first served.

We have some great game collections by individuals who wish to share their love of games with you.

2008 three aussies came over, 2009 six aussies, 2010 nine aussies, 2011 13 aussies, 2012 13 aussies, 2013 18 aussies, 2014 22 aussies, 2015......?
    It's well worth the trip across the ditch!

To enjoy the maximum hospitality, we suggest flying into Wellington early Thursday afternoon and leaving Auckland Monday (or later).
    You can choose to bypass on the Wellington portion of the trip and just party in Auckland if you wish (Fly into Auckland mid-Friday afternoon).

More information, maps, etc., closer to the time.

Here's some great reasons to come over:
    Reason 1: To have a few drinks with your Tasman buddies
    Reason 2: To see and play some great collectible games
    Reason 3: To see some great sites in Auckland and NZ if you want to stay longer
    Reason 4: To have a few drinks with your Tasman buddies, hick!!

Here's last year's thread for info:
    http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/showt...land-Meet-2014 Next year will be the 8th consecutive year and it's growing bigger every year. There were an estimated 170 people attend some or all of this year's meets.

This event is not to be missed. It'll be a blast. Grab a friend and make your bookings now!

There will be IFPA sanctioned tournaments held in both Christchurch and Auckland.

Also, some door prizes (such as AA and IFPA T-shirts, etc.) will be up for grabs as well for people who enter the two major Aussie Arcade KIWI Pincade IFPA tournaments.

#3 9 years ago

Locked in, cant wait!

#4 9 years ago

Dave will the hearse be there?

#5 9 years ago

Kiwi Pincade is always amazing. Can't wait!

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Dave will the hearse be there?

Its here now ... some Funeral directors looked at it the other day so it may not be in March.

If nobody wants it I'll keep it.

Time will tell

rd

#7 9 years ago

Ah well it will be awesome with or without it!

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Ah well it will be awesome with or without it!

If it is here, I have some plans for it ...

rd

#9 9 years ago

Yep, unmissable.... and then onto PAPA....
    Marathon the weekend before Dave?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Yep, unmissable.... and then onto PAPA....
    Marathon the weekend before Dave?

No sir! I had enough trouble staying awake at the Aussie Pinball Champs last weekend.

I need to work on my stamina. Or start taking meth. One or the other.

rd.

3 weeks later
    #11 9 years ago

Do you prepare Aussies-Kiwis pin tournaments that way ?

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

» YouTube video

Yes.... we have all the Aussies stand on one side of the room while us Kiwis dance & pull faces at them Then after a few beers

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

» YouTube video

Of course Jim! We drop a haka every morning before breakfast.

Are you coming down? Come down with Franck Bona!

rd.

#14 9 years ago

Hi there,
    If one frenchlan is coming, there will be two !! In fact just scanning for the right moment to book the flight, last year it was done on the 9 of november...
    My son really loves the middle earth stories from Tolkien, and I don' t feel going to Tokyo with him...
    He would be so happy to go to Matamata !! And Rotorua...
    Jlm, from CDG via KUL with malaysia, around 1000. Last year was LHR to SYD via DXB... For 850 Euros.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Jlm, from CDG via KUL with malaysia, around 1000. Last year was LHR to SYD via DXB... For 850 Euros.

I will go back to Australia for work soon or later. Love my job
    All I have to do now is to schedule a business trip to Australia the week before or after...
    (2016 is more likely though)

#16 9 years ago

Everyone is welcome! I look forward to meeting your son, Franck ... Let me know when the booking is made.

See if you can make it Jim, you can look after Francky and make sure he doesn't drink too much haha!!

rd.

#17 9 years ago

So, We have France, Australia, .... Who else is coming to Kiwi Pincade?

rd.

#18 9 years ago

New Zealand is at the very top of my list of places I'd like to visit. This sounds like a blast.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

New Zealand is at the very top of my list of places I'd like to visit. This sounds like a blast.

There's no time like the present.

rd.

#20 9 years ago

Theres no time like March 5 6 7 8 :p

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Theres no time like March 5 6 7 8 :p

Good call Rich!!

rd.

#22 9 years ago

Hi Dave, I don t need Jlm to watch out the kid !! Answer within 2 weeks but it is just a matter of deal and Airline company. Yes Dave, my son is able to play against your duaghter at junk yard (he likes it) but the weirdest pinball my kid loves is Nba fastbreak... No joke...
    I am spreading the word to my friends in Europe, I spoke to Ad and I think he will come.

#23 9 years ago

Awesome Franck. Junkyard is ok but NBA Fastbreak ... Oh dear!

Those two machines are sitting together so the children can play them together for the whole night.

rd.

#24 9 years ago

Let them play those strange pinballs and keep the real thing for us !

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Let them play those strange pinballs and keep the real thing for us !

Come on Francky! We know you love Junkyard!

"I come all the way to New Zealand and now I have to play this stupid Junkyard machine? It is junk!!"

Hahahaha!

rd.

#26 9 years ago

Add one Dutchman .
    I will reserve space in my suitcase for the trophies.
    And if the Aussies are on one side of the room and the Kiwis on the other side the Europeans may well be in the middle or simply behind the pintables. Third visit to Australia and New Zealand.
    Unfortunately unable to take any tables along like this one.
    Looking forward to meet you all.

IMG_8955.JPGIMG_8955.JPG
    #27 9 years ago
    Quoted from WarLokBlackOut:

Add one Dutchman .
    I will reserve space in my suitcase for the trophies.
    And if the Aussies are on one side of the room and the Kiwis on the other side the Europeans may well be in the middle or simply behind the pintables. Third visit to Australia and New Zealand

Awesome Ad!

To those who don't know, Ad Jonker is from Holland, and is a respected collector and player.

He came to my Pukekohe arcade two years ago, then drove around the whole country and then came back and played some more Pinball!

He will be going to Sydney and Brisbane before he comes to NZ, so if there are any aussies who can show him a good time (and pins!) while he is there, drop him a PM.

rd.

#28 9 years ago

Interesting, March 5th is my Birthday.
    It would be nice to take a trip across the ditch.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wamprat:

Interesting, March 5th is my Birthday.
    It would be nice to take a trip across the ditch.

The more the merrier. Last year around 25 guys from Aussie came over. Expecting around the same this year, maybe more ...

rd.

#30 9 years ago

Rd, Ad is also a beer lover !!

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/playexpo2014/index.html

We sometimes talk about pinball, but not very often !!

I will also be in Sydney area the week before Pincade, ad, come on down at Coogee Digger s for pinball marathon, don' t stay stucked in Kuala Lumpur !

I also have space for trophies !!

#31 9 years ago

So anyone moving onto PAPA afterwards???

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Rd, Ad is also a beer lover !!
    http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/playexpo2014/index.html
    We sometimes talk about pinball, but not very often !!

I know! I had quite a few beers with Ad and also had in depth discussions on the benefits of buying beer direct from monks at monasteries ....

Quoted from Bul:

I will also be in Sydney area the week before Pincade, ad, come on down at Coogee Digger s for pinball marathon, don' t stay stucked in Kuala Lumpur !

Good news, Ad is booked to come to Sydney and Brisbane as well.

rd.

#33 9 years ago

Rgr, in fact it won' t be possible for me, as you mightnoticed, I come with mini-me and I have to take him back to europe on the 9 th of march to arrive the 10 th, the papa begins on the 11 th, it is impossible for me to do that, playing pinball for 4 days after such a jet lag would not be reasonable.

But I will be in london from 17 to 24 of may for pre ifpa and ifpa world pinball championships.

Rd, the best monastery is about 50 miles from my home, it is westvleteren and their beer is St Sixtus, I drink it regularly, and yes it is an excellet beer, we have 7 differnet beers named the trappists brewed by the monks in Belgium... You have to come to my house next year before ifpa and you ll test all of them !

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Rd, the best monastery is about 50 miles from my home,

Counter offer:
    Rd: the best wineries are about 20 miles from my home... You have to combine and compare!

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Counter offer:
    Rd: the best wineries are about 20 miles from my home... You have to combine and compare!

Well guys, maybe I will have to come to France next May and check them out!!

There is some talk that IFPA champs will now not be in London ... We will find out soon.

rd.

1 week later
    #36 9 years ago

There is some talk that IFPA champs will now not be in London ... We will find out soon.

Where would it be ???

Bad news.... But if it remains in London, you can come to my house and taste the real beer, Jlm area is 8 hours driving from the north of France where I live.

For Pincade, it will be a good time and it is possible to visit a lot of shooting spots of the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson is from New Zealand and there is a lot to visit over there !

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Jlm area is 8 hours driving from the north of France where I live.

Even Less by high speed train ! (and you have a direct line from Lille to Bordeaux - would be a pity not to stop in Paris on your way though).

#38 9 years ago

Right ... To update the international attendance to Kiwi Pincade 2015:

25+ Aussies
    Ad from Holland
    Franck and Son from France
    Mystery guest and wife from Los Angeles

Come join the fun!!

rd.

#39 9 years ago

Yes TGV, high speed train is very fast !!

Looks like there will be overseas visitors, very nice rd !

#40 9 years ago

Rd,

Emirates was the perfect deal tonight !

I can' t really tell what I feel. My son is not aware of that. I will tell him on 10 th of december because the last movie of the Hobbit Trilogy is on and we will go to the cinema to see it. After that, oysters for my son and a little christmas present.... In advance...

To anyone on pinside :Pincade is the ultimate spot to play pinball, untill you fall... It is a thing that you will remember for a very long time...

If only you can make us dream like the last time in february 2014, it would be such a perfection...

I know what is BYO and I will respect this thing....

See you all my friends in february 2015, can' t wait to be there....

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bul:

Rd,
    Emirates was the perfect deal tonight !
    I can' t really tell what I feel. My son is not aware of that. I will tell him on 10 th of december because the last movie of the Hobbit Trilogy is on and we will go to the cinema to see it. After that, oysters for my son and a little christmas present.... In advance...
    To anyone on pinside :Pincade is the ultimate spot to play pinball, untill you fall... It is a thing that you will remember for a very long time...
    If only you can make us dream like the last time in february 2014, it would be such a perfection...
    I know what is BYO and I will respect this thing....
    See you all my friends in february 2015, can' t wait to be there....

Francky! BYO means "Bring Your Own" beer and drinks to the party.

Good to hear you are booked!!

rd.

#42 9 years ago

*** Updated Schedule For International Guests ***

Here's what I plan to do. Everyone wants to do the LOTR things, so we shall do them.

You arrive any time you want, prior to Tuesday 3 March, 2015. Some are coming via Sydney as there are some pinball things in the weekend before.

We leave Auckland in a mini van on Tuesday March 3, 2015

We go to Hobbiton (around 1.5hrs from Auckland)
    Then, we go to Rotorua which has lots of attractions like bungy, luging, bubbly mud, geysers etc.
    Stay the night there.

Wednesday, we drive to Wellington via lake Taupo and the mountains. Some of the LOTR was filmed around here too. Arrive Wellington city on Weds afternoon. Lots of LOTR stuff to do there too.

Thursday (all day) and Friday (am) Pincade starts in Wellington. IFPA comp on Thursday night.

Friday, we dump the van at the airport and fly to Auckland where my cars will be waiting. Then we go to the first Auckland Pincade event on Friday night.

Saturday and Sunday, Pinball and beer all weekend until midnight Sunday night. 6 locations over the two days. Plenty of food etc. I will shuttle two cars around the events for the internationals.

After that, you're free to do what you want.

All good!!

rd.

#43 9 years ago

All right Dave ! Sounds real nice.

Yes on Wellington there is for example Weta Cave to visit (cinema studio with a lot of LOTR things).

Wellington airport is really cool, Smaug, Gollum and big eagles (one of them felt since the earthquakelast year but had been replaced).

My son and I will arrive on moday 2 of march in Auckland (yes pinball marathon is on the 28 of february).

Fly back to Sydney on monday 9 th then fly from Syd at 21.45 pm to Brussels Via Dubai...

#44 9 years ago

Here is the Weta Workshop tour in Wellington.

http://wetaworkshop.com/visit-us/the-weta-cave-workshop-tour/

rd.

#45 9 years ago

That s right Dave, Matamata hobbiton and weta cave, that s it !!

The bus trip can be done with van !

#46 9 years ago

Are we up for some Hearseball™ this time around RD? It looked awesome!

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

Are we up for some Hearseball™ this time around RD? It looked awesome!

If I still have the hearse, and we can get out to Pukekohe early enough, we shall have some HEARSEBALL!!

rd.

#48 9 years ago

I'm in.. Tune up that rotor and go mow the bottom paddock. Lets go do some circle work.!

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from woka:

I'm in.. Tune up that rotor and go mow the bottom paddock. Lets go do some circle work.!

Maybe I'll put my race turbo 20B in the hearse! It'd be very hard to keep it at 11-12kph though.

Carnage would ensue.

rd.

#50 9 years ago

What is Hearseball ? What is a race turbo 20b ?? Are you talking about a pinball machine ?

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiwi-pincade-2015-the-biggest-weekend-of-pinball-on-the-planet- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.