10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by brucipher
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Dying to led one of my pins. My question is to you pinheads is do I try building my on kit or just buy a kit from CT.
    What works for you?

#2 10 years ago

Do your own... it's cheaper...and you can be creative as to what works best for your eyes

#3 10 years ago

Cheaper to pick your own. But if you don't have time to go through the whole list, the kits are nice too.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Do your own... it's cheaper...and you can be creative as to what works best for your eyes

My problem is...I have to get extra bulbs, because I tend to miss some from the manual. I have purchased a kit before and as loose bulbs....If you pay extra for the kit, you will get bulb replacements for ALL the bulbs. You could always tweak it later.....my 2 cents

If you are going to do on your own, I would recommend comet pinball...great prices and great LED's

#5 10 years ago

I would never buy a kit, part of the fun of doing LEDs is picking just the right ones for how you like to do it. And if you've never done it before then the fun is learning what that is. Skip the kit, buy your own.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I would never buy a kit, part of the fun of doing LEDs is picking just the right ones for how you like to do it. And if you've never done it before then the fun is learning what that is. Skip the kit, buy your own.

I agree. The first pin I did a conversion on I did a kit, which ended up being mostly just white lights (even for the inserts). I did my own the 2nd conversion I did, and it was fun to color match and tweak the GI with some colors too...not to mention it was cheaper. I vote choose your own all the way!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kit-led-or-choose-your-own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.