image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_7.jpg
image_6.jpg
image_5.jpg
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Picked up my KISSLE today. Here are the first unboxing pictures.

Watch gameplay Video here:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_7.jpgimage_7.jpg

#6 8 years ago

A few more.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#21 8 years ago

A few more after I got the "LE Armour" installed.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#23 8 years ago

Sorry, for not having time to do a video, I was having some minor technical difficulties with the game, and by the time I had it all tuned up, I had to catch a redeye to LA. I'll be back Saturday and try to get a video then. In the mean time here's my short review of the game.

The Good:

The artwork, metallic decals, mirrored backglass are outstanding. No picture does them justice. You can kind of see in a couple of pictures how the faces on the cabinet have kind of a 3D, lifted look to them. When the light hits the flames, they also have a realistic look to them. "Luci" was my favorite artwork package of recent Stern's. Not anymore. KISSLE is amazing. Lighting is also great, the only game that has better lighting is Star Trek.

Sound is also the best I have ever heard on a pinball by far. I have always liked the sound on AC/DC premium, but this is whole new level of clarity and depth.

The not so good:

As expected the code has a long way to go. The game can seem clunky at times, but this has an upside. The game rewards you for well placed shots. It makes the good shots feel more rewarding. This ain't no Steve Ritchie game!

This is my first "Spike" game. While the jury is still out, and I know this system adds a lot of possibilies for the future, I'm just not a fan yet. The system seems like "Papa SAM" and "Mama The Pin" had a baby, and they named it Spike. I know it's the future, but it just seems cheap. Flashers don't seem as bright. Coils don't seem to fire as hard, and other things I just can't put my finger on.

Some more important details:

Now, this is the most important takeaway if your on the fence about a pro or LE/premium: that one little single drop target in the Star child area. That little addition makes the whole area more fun and rewarding. Depending on the code, it stops the ball from exiting the area too early, or it pulses and kicks the ball back up into the targets or saucer. When I saw the feature on the game description, I thought it was just there to block your first shot to Star Child, but it does a lot more than that. It makes that whole area more fun! The floating ball is cool but it is kind of just window dressing, except for the fact I think it makes it easier to start Love gun multiball, as it is much easier to hit the right ramp than it is to hit the star child area.

The other important difference, is the real ball lock for demon multiball vs the virtual lock on the pro. When demon multiball starts, the balls are rapid fired out of Gene's mouth, machine gun style, and with force! It is a trip! I have had no SFTM shots out of his mouth.

Bottom line: if your happy with your pro, don't play a premium/LE. Kiss is not as different as AC/DC PRO/premium, but it is more different than MET pro/premium.

Artwork. 10
Sound. 9.5
Lighting 9.0
Code 5.0
Game play 7.0

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just curious about the "action figure" movement and the interaction of the amp beside it. Can you describe and thoughts of it?? Does it also make the jump from a Pro to Premium/LE worthy??

Basically Paul just twitches, barely enough to be noticeable. Definitely not a reason to choose premium/LE.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Is it a keeper, in your opinion, or too early to say?

Definitely a keeper. I'm sure the code will be fine in 2 or 3 years! I don't think it will be better than AC/DC, but it has huge potential.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

what happened to the "demon" and "star child" boot side rails that the LEs were supposed to come with? did stern drop those (without dropping the price on the LE), forcing you to make and additional purchase of 3rd party armor?
looks nice (and hopefully plays a lot nicer than the pro on route near me), but I simply don't agree with your statement that the KISS LE has more differences then its pro counterpart than the Metallica LE/premium does compared to its pro version sibling.

Stern still has their version of Special Armor for the game I just like Pinball Metal's version much better.

As far as my comment about differences between pro/premium, let me rephrase it. I love my Met Premium much better than the Pro, because of the addition toys, but in the overall scheme of things, I don't think the differences in toys affect over all game play/scoring as much as the differences in Kiss pro/premium. Met pro/premium definitely has more differences than the KISS pro/premium.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is that something that can be fixed with code? Is it a coil "pulling" him? if so, they could hold the pulse and choreograph his movement better. Or is it like Goblin on SM - a coil firing and hitting something that makes him move....but not hitting him enough to do much?

I'm sure they could change the pulse time, but I don't think it would make much difference.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Metal:

You beat me getting a picture of an LE with the armor installed.
I received my LE yesterday, but I need to take pictures to document putting it on so I can make some installation instructions.
Any issues installing the armor? I don't like that you have to remove the power supply cover to change the right hinge.

No issues at all. The holes lined up perfectly. Three nuts to remove the power supply cover, no big deal. Thanks for the great product! Took me about 20 minutes start to finish.

#55 8 years ago

Gameplay Video here:

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So...are these still available? Best distributor to get a price from?

There's a few left. I would give JJ a call at GEX.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman5000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kissle-unboxed?tu=iceman5000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.