• Yes, premium 20 votes
    14%
  • Yes, LE 31 votes
    21%
  • No way 68 votes
    47%

(145 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

KISS_Topper_TSPP_(resized).jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

I like it, most seem to not like it so would you?

#2 4 years ago

Heck no. B or C grade playfield layout at best, and average unfinished code.

#3 4 years ago

It is almost an identical layout to Harley Davidson

#4 4 years ago

Yes, no regrets here

#5 4 years ago

Great layout, so yeah I'd buy it again and have been enjoying the recent update.

#6 4 years ago

Oh yes, earns great on route. It's an LE.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

It is almost an identical layout to Harley Davidson

Except they play EXTREMELY differently because HD's right flipper doesn't have a shot that feeds either flipper, unless you trap and backhand. KISS has a left flipper to right ramp to right flipper to center ramp to left flipper, and so on.

#8 4 years ago

Just picked up one last week, no regrets, love the game and new code. Art package and sounds a 10. I think it was absolutely brilliant how they incorporated the look of the classic Bally to an updated DMD. Very challenging game and a definite keeper for me.

#9 4 years ago

I have as much fun playing KISS as any other modern stern other then AC/DC. It has great art, a nice light show, great sound with the spike system, and a tough layout with some really hard shots. I'm not a big KISS fan but the music is fun to play pinball to and the recent code update really improved gameplay in my opinion. It wasn't the huge update that was rumored but there's a lot of little things that make the game a lot more fun. The game doesn't have great toys but I really like the layout. The right ramp is a real b##ch. I don't really understand the hate on this game.

#10 4 years ago

I wouldn't buy it once, let alone twice. No overpriced, outdated licensed themes for me!

#11 4 years ago

Seems to be the ones that hate KISS that hate. I am not a KISS fan at all, but this game is fast and a great to play, in my opinion.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

Seems to be the ones that hate KISS that hate.

I never hated Kiss, but they were what the Jr. high kids listened to when the older ones listened to real rock. Later I started to appreciate them. But now it is much later than that.

New pinball machines themed after aging, well past their prime rock stars have no place in my home. But that's just me, and just about everybody else I know.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I never hated Kiss, but they were what the Jr. high kids listened to when the older ones listened to real rock. Later I started to appreciate them. But now it is much later than that.
New pinball machines themed after aging, well past their prime rock stars have no place in my home. But that's just me, and just about everybody else I know.

Odd, the vast majority of the pinball people I know own either AC/DC, MET, or KISS. Not sure why new games, 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's and so on games cannot all be enjoyed for what they offer.

#14 4 years ago

Bought the LE , would buy it again.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Odd, the vast majority of the pinball people I know own either AC/DC, MET, or KISS. Not sure why new games, 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's and so on games cannot all be enjoyed for what they offer.

Agreed, stop being a grumpy old bitch O-din!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

actually, i'd like to own all 3. And I hate metallica and kiss as a band. but I think both games have great art packages and both fun. I prefer the pro versions of MET and KISS. MET I have to have the pro version because the premium pisses me off, and KISS it's only due to cost, because the premium doesn't offer much.

#17 4 years ago

Beautiful pin. Fun layout. Crisp sound (the sounds at least... Some sound effects needs work).
Only thing that lets the pin down is the code. Which can be fixed. But it's been a year and the update recently didn't add crazy amounts. Still feels like a cut and paste game. Multiballs, mystery awards.... There is nothing unique about the code yet. That's all this pin needs and hopefully gets.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Odd, the vast majority of the pinball people I know own either AC/DC, MET, or KISS.

Maybe they are aging rock stars themselves. All it took was a few months owning Met to open my eyes. In the 70s I had posters of rock bands on my walls and went to all the shows. I don't need it again! Even at my age I like to stay young and somewhat hip to what's going on in music now.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe they are aging rock stars themselves. All it took was a few months owning Met to open my eyes. In the 70s I had posters of rock bands on my walls and went to all the shows. I don't need it again! Even at my age I like to stay young and somewhat hip to what's going on in music now.

So you are a hipster?

#20 4 years ago

Now we can get ready for Aerosmith...

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So you are a hipster?

Sometimes I'm a drunkster.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Or maybe we just like pinball

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes I'm a drunkster.

That one was funny, got to give credit where it's due.

#24 4 years ago

I'm just off on my occasional rant. I just don't care much for these living in the past themes of today, but my Cyclone, Earthshaker, and Whirlwind sure look nice where they used to be. Maybe that's living in the past too, but they look as fresh now as they did almost thirty years ago. If I want the 80s, from now on I'm buying original games from the 80s. I want the real deal.

#25 4 years ago

Definitely on my list for a HUO in a few years.

#26 4 years ago

I love music pins and love my Kiss LE. Would definitely buy again.

#27 4 years ago

Love met and acdc but for some reason Im not a fan of the gameplay on kiss .

#28 4 years ago

I wouldn't buy it the first time, or consider it a second time but I never liked Kiss and their theatric make up stage show which does not compensate for being poor musicians. To be fair, it could be one of the best written sets of rules with the best design. The art looks okay, I didn't think it was terrible. I just hate Kiss so this one is never going to be considered as one I'd own. There, I said it.

#29 4 years ago

Kiss is a fantastic pin for many reasons. It has great shots and music that create an amazing, addicting experience. I can understand people who do not like the music but to say you cannot enjoy the shots playing a game of kiss well that is just hating... I can't think of any pins that are not fun to play. It's pinball for Christ sake. I am excited to play ghostbusters

#30 4 years ago

I got some time in on the pro this weekend. I really enjoyed the layout and light show as well. I would own one......just to watch Odin egg my house

#31 4 years ago

No, I was rocking a game of thrones pro the other night and I thought back to the days when theme didn't matter. Then suddenly it hit me! all is right with the world. Then I looked across the room and found Xenon. You can't say that game takes no quarters.

#32 4 years ago

I am in the market for a Kiss and have decided that the LE/premium is not worth the money. Of all the Stern games, Kiss LE/Premium offers the fewest differences. I will be buying a pro and will wait until the total light show is for sale.

#33 4 years ago

I'm glad someone started this thread because this is one pin I feel I'm definitely going to add to my collection one day. Like one pinsider said, I feel like the premium/LE doesn't justify the extra cost, so I can see a Pro landing in my gameroom soon. I like Kiss (not a big fan), but their tunes has me humming them to myself during the day. Plus, growing up in the 70's and early 80's, you couldn't help but get caught up in the hype and the makeup. (Love that big Gene head busting thru the playfield).

I LOVE the looks of the pin and the nostalgic throwback to the earlier pin and I find myself holding back just to see what the newest code will do to it. If I wasn't interested in the Alien pinball machine, or maybe watching out for the rumor of a Star Wars pin from Stern (hopefully Rogue One), I would have already bought one NIB. I went ahead and purchased some Kiss mods from Mezel Mods and some mirror blades just to be ready for the day I do finally purchase the Kiss pin. Crazy, huh?

#34 4 years ago

I'm so glad I bought the Pro and so glad I didn't get the Premium. The game looks amazing, it plays fast, the music sounds great, and it's KISS, so BOOM!

#35 4 years ago

As a KISS fan I enjoy it for display and it looks great. If it wasn't KISS-long gone. So many problems with the Gene head in the first year and Im sure they wont age well. Total swing and miss by Stern on this one. I could get a good TZ IJ or many others for a lower price than KISS. No comparison at all.

#36 4 years ago

Premium/LE is the reason I bought the pin. I'd played plenty of the pro but always felt like it was missing something. After playing an LE I said I have to buy it. Light show and backboard ball walk really put the title over the top for me. Plus with the new code with matrix multiball you can tell how close you are due to color changing inserts on the Prem/LE on the pro your left guessing. Both fun just showing the other side of the coin. As always to each their own just m 2 cents on it.

#37 4 years ago

I recently bought a NIB Pro and am liking it a lot. Swapped all the songs to live versions, added moving head lights as a topper. Game is a rush to play. So yes, I would buy it again.

#38 4 years ago

If you would have asked me two months ago, I would have said I was going to put it on the block.

Today, it is the most played game out of my modern pins.

I love the artwork...one of the best packages Stern has ever offered. The game needs another code update soon however.

Ask me again in six months.

#39 4 years ago

BTW the topper is worth every penny.

#40 4 years ago

Bought an LE, and would buy it again.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

BTW the topper is worth every penny.

It works well has a TSPP head replacement, too!

KISS_Topper_TSPP_(resized).jpg

#42 4 years ago

I owned an LE. Would not buy again. Just not for me. It was definitely a gorgeous looking game though.

#43 4 years ago

I'd buy it right now.

#44 4 years ago

I'd buy it again for sure, before the code update I would have been on the fence but the ne code took the game in the right direction and gives you a reason to do things now.

#45 4 years ago

I love my LE - absolutely no regrets whatsoever (still want another code update mind).

#46 4 years ago

No, wouldn't buy it again. It's amazing to me I found the songs too repetitive but I don't feel the same with Met. Maybe it's song length or just being able to choose one of eight songs. I also had an issue with middle ramp heavy shot patterns. The star child area progression seemed to just happen and the only time I found myself aiming for it was when the instrument was lit. The adding of HOF warmed me up to keep the newer songs in like Love it Loud and Lick it up and I wasn't so moved to replace all track with 70s live tracks. Gene MB is basically Klingon MB but I enjoyed it far more on ST.

The game is beautiful and it is a simple fun layout to shoot; I just found myself disliking more the longer I played it. On the flipside never in a million years did I want TWD. Never seen the show, really don't get all the zombie love. Our barcade had their games on freeplay for a promo and I camped out on TWD for almost 2 hours and really liked the rules and unique shots. This was the death nail for KISS. Going back to KiSS after all the TWD offers made the decision easy for me. I now own TWD and couldn't be happier.

1 month later
#47 4 years ago

Considering a huo on this one after playing LE but looks like pro seems is just as good.
Has the concensus changed with code over the last few months?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Considering this one after playing LE but looks like pro seems is just as good.
Has the concensus changed with code over the last few months?

If cash is not an issue pony up for the LE. There have been some GREAT deals on a couple of HUO recently. Game will only get better with time as code gets updated.

#49 4 years ago

Bought the Pro. Absolutely no regrets, would buy again. The art is great, the sounds are great. I have different code files that have different songs thanks to pinballbrowser so I switch the songs every month or so. Metallica has a great game/layout feel, AC/DC is very intense with it all on the line and Kiss gives us that "concert" feel. Jut plain fun... which is what pinball is supposed to be.

#50 4 years ago

Thank you both- don't get the knock on it. Fun indeed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
14,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
South Hero, VT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside