Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2a (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.54.06 PM (resized).png
22788951iq (resized).jpg
20150502_131449.jpg
20150502_131503.jpg
lebowski.jpg
54008aa1b45af.preview-620.jpg
54008aa1b45af.preview-620.jpg
TinyKISS_03_wideweb__470x309,0.jpg
_non_secure_user_images_letters_20120228_064352_halloween_2011_large.jpg
40324aef2a3af9bc37b0108a93ed3e83.jpg
Ia9iSPR.jpg
kiss this.jpg
ji2l95.jpg
kiss_coffee_venn.jpg
4730282-3-4.jpg

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Well, 311 does every year! Im sure ACDC could in a heartbeat

Yeah but 311 sucks.

#352 4 years ago

Aren't 311 klansmen?
11th letter of the alphabet is K.
3 K's.....

...and yes, I know http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/311.asp

#353 4 years ago

311 has been around for 27 years now, they are doing something right!

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Which half of these overwhelming supporters is actually going to make a real purchase?
untitled.JPG

I'll wait and see how it plays of course, but so far everything looks ripass .

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Aren't 311 klansmen?

That's what I've always heard.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you kidding? Pearl Jam is fawking awesome.

To each their own; I couldn;t listen to them for more than 10 seconds.
EDIT: Well, they may get more than that from me if they were up against 311 for revolting music, head to head. Tough call.

#357 4 years ago

you will never know if it does outsell or not ! Gary Stern never releases numbers "period"

#358 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Which half of these overwhelming supporters is actually going to make a real purchase?
untitled.JPG

I'm going to buy one. Ed

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

The only question will be will Gene insist on a bigger face portrait on the playfield than Angus'.

Not drawn on the PF, but this was a good call.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

untitled.JPG

I will buy a game or three on a Stern KISS. Hopefully it will be priced at 75¢ a game and 3 games for $2.00

No need to spend thousands of dollars when a few bucks will do.

#361 4 years ago

Placed my preorder today for the Kiss LE.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Eddie Vedder had a mean case of the Ho-Earls back in the day. I feel your pain.

Heeeeeeee-vennnnn flowww-ho
Thoughts arrrrriiiiiive like butterflie-eaaarls
Whoaaaa he don't knowww-ho
So he chases them awayyy-eeh-eaaarl

edit : Dave Abbruzzese was pretty rad though.

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Eddie Vedder had a mean case of the Ho-Earls back in the day. I feel your pain.
Heeeeeeee-vennnnn flowww-ho
Thoughts arrrrriiiiiive like butterflie-eaaarls
Whoaaaa he don't knowww-ho
So he chases them awayyy-eeh-eaaarl
edit : Dave Abbruzzese was pretty rad though.

That's pretty good, sounds just like him!

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: Well, they may get more than that from me if they were up against 311 for revolting music, head to head. Tough call.

I can understand it. But sometimes there is a song or album that can change your mind about a group. I used to hate Nirvana until I heard the unplugged album. I thought that show was fantastic and changed my perspective of them.

As for Pearl Jam. This is some of the new stuff. How can you hate this song?

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I can understand it. But sometimes there is a song or album that can change your mind about a group. I used to hate Nirvana until I heard the unplugged album. I thought that show was fantastic and changed my perspective of them.
http://www.whirlpool.com/-ED2FHEXTQ-1005377/ED2FHEXTQ/

"not found". Wait... are you trying to get me to buy a new fridge?

#366 4 years ago

LOL. that was the last link I was looking at, my you tube link must have not took. I was sleepy. thats awesome.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

» YouTube video

How? Because I don't want to hear DMB when I'm seeking out Pearl Jam.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How? Because I don't want to hear DMB when I'm seeking out Pearl Jam.

Then you should have clicked the link when it still went to Whirlpool.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Then you should have clicked the link when it still went to Whirlpool.

LOL. it wasn't that nice of a fridge tho.

8 months later
#370 3 years ago

still feelin strong OP?

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

still feelin strong OP?

I think our distributor here in Canada still has some KISS LE they can't sell right now, even at reduced price.

Rob

#372 3 years ago

Wait until the latest beta code becomes official.

"Ya know, I hate the band, but I just had to get the pin....." all over again.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

still feelin strong OP?

Feeling a bit down on that one.

#374 3 years ago

Not in NZ

#375 3 years ago

They will sell plenty.......given new prices it is doubtful they will sell as many as AC/DC. When the new code drops there will be more hype and new buyers. There was no competition when AC/DC was made. Games released after AC/DC were not as good so more chose to buy AC/DC. People are still wanting AC/DC as a recent thread suggests. There are more options for people's money in today's market. Kiss is a fun game but time will tell if it will be a great game. Unless Stern releases production numbers we may never know.

#376 3 years ago

Not a terrible game but not even close to acdc. At least finish the code so we can all move on

#377 3 years ago

Well, I will be buying a Kiss, but not until I see some decent progress on the code.

#378 3 years ago

Really a shame more can't be done for the software in a more timely fashion, or that it takes so long to get the code to a decent point. Games need to have things like lamp effects and display animations for extra ball awards for instance. Not just some basic placeholder text reading "extra ball" with no effects, or items on the playfield that have no meaning until 4 years later.

#379 3 years ago

Every Stern game takes at least 2 years to be coded after release.

You can't act surprised.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

They will sell plenty.......given new prices it is doubtful they will sell as many as AC/DC.

The price has nothing to do with why it hasn't sold nearly as good as ACDC. The Premiums & Pro's are pretty much the same price that ACDC versions sold for. Within a couple hundred anyways.

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The price has nothing to do with why it hasn't sold nearly as good as ACDC. The Premiums & Pro's are pretty much the same price that ACDC versions sold for. Within a couple hundred anyways.

In NL this is different. ACDC Premium could be bought 2-3 years ago for USD 7500,-, a Premium like GOT goes for around USD 9000. But ofcourse the exchangerate causes a big part of the increase. So if a new ACDC premium is made pricing will be same USD 9000

Anyway, I bought an ACDC premium NIB for USD 7500, I would have never bought it for USD 9000. Its for me still the best game but USD 9000 is just to much.

11 months later
#382 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

With KISS being announced within a week or so.....I boldly predict it will OUTSELL AC/DC.
Naysayers commence!!!

Well, that prediction went to hell, didn't it?

I was WRONG!

Now where the heck is my code?

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Well, that prediction went to hell, didn't it?
I was WRONG!
Now where the heck is my code?

All things are not equal. This wasn't a fair fight- Lyman vs Lonnie. And to go even further- COMPLETED Lyman vs bare bones Lonnie.

I'd bet that if Lyman had done the code on Kiss and Lonnie on AC/DC, history would have changed these 2.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

All things are not equal. This wasn't a fair fight- Lyman vs Lonnie. And to go even further- COMPLETED Lyman vs bare bones Lonnie.
I'd bet that if Lyman had done the code on Kiss and Lonnie on AC/DC, history would have changed these 2.

My last Stern NIB - thanks to Stern and their incredible ignorance.
Cities should have been incorporated into the game...more songs..and a far more in depth combo system..long ago.
Spike1 is not even being used to 30% of its capacity, if I had to guess.

I'll hold out hope a code is coming, against my experience and better judgment.

#385 2 years ago

The current KISS code is BS. I will never buy another NIB game from them until they get this shite fixed.

2 months later
#386 2 years ago

22788951iq (resized).jpg

#387 2 years ago

I don't mind kiss. I like AC/DC music wayyyyyyy more than Kiss. But Kiss has better artwork. If AC/DC had the artwork of Kiss, there is no way Kiss would even come close to AC/DC even with finished code. AC/DC is solid all around. With a kick ass soundtrack to go with it. Only lacking in the art department.

#388 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't mind kiss. I like AC/DC music wayyyyyyy more than Kiss. But Kiss has better artwork. If AC/DC had the artwork of Kiss, there is no way Kiss would even come close to AC/DC even with finished code. AC/DC is solid all around. With a kick ass soundtrack to go with it. Only lacking in the art department.

Luci version is the way to go for me

#389 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

100% with you

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Luci version is the way to go for me

yes, but the luci version only changes the cab and translite to a white trash looking bar chic. I don't really look at the cabinet and I think the road amp case look on the cabinet is pretty awesome. The translite needed an upgrade, which Helan did a great job of fixing, but the playfield art is where it really could use a Zombieyeti touch. If it had full blown out art, like Kiss, Aero, GB, or Met, it would have been flawless.

#391 2 years ago

46 LEs still available! Corner the market!

https://www.shopkissonline.com/kiss-stern-pinball-le.html

#392 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.54.06 PM (resized).png

#393 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it had full blown out art, like Kiss, Aero, GB, or Met, it would have been flawless.

Agreed. I'd add PBR to the list. Although shit for beer, that's some good art.

2a (resized).jpg

#394 2 years ago

I think we know the answer as to whether KISS outsells AC/DC...but how about Metallica?...or AS?

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'd add PBR to the list. Although shit for beer, that's some good art.

My uncle used to drink PBR a lot, along with Red White & Blue, Old Style, and whatever else was cheap. He would always shove one in my hand and I'd nurse it so I wouldn't have to drink another.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Like this
I hate that song

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I'd nurse it so I wouldn't have to drink another.

Hahahaha, awesome!

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

My uncle used to drink PBR a lot, along with Red White & Blue, Old Style, and whatever else was cheap. He would always shove one in my hand and I'd nurse it so I wouldn't have to drink another.

My dad used to haul a wagon with a case of POC for my grandfather every pay day.

Somehow, I became a beer snob after my father in law introduced me to German imports.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Davie, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
, NB
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside