Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2a (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.54.06 PM (resized).png
22788951iq (resized).jpg
20150502_131449.jpg
20150502_131503.jpg
lebowski.jpg
54008aa1b45af.preview-620.jpg
54008aa1b45af.preview-620.jpg
TinyKISS_03_wideweb__470x309,0.jpg
_non_secure_user_images_letters_20120228_064352_halloween_2011_large.jpg
40324aef2a3af9bc37b0108a93ed3e83.jpg
Ia9iSPR.jpg
kiss this.jpg
ji2l95.jpg
kiss_coffee_venn.jpg
4730282-3-4.jpg

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 4 years ago

10Kiss by Christmas

#252 4 years ago

Really can't understand all that fuss.... Why can't I love them both?

20150502_131449.jpg20150502_131503.jpg

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't like the fact that someone tried to compare these two douchebags to Albert Einstein.

That's true.

Gene and Paul were only indirectly responsible for 3 human deaths, Einstein; 260,000

#254 4 years ago

Hate the band, hate the music, whatever. I challenge anyone to watch this(not a KISS video or concert, but a Dan Rather interview).

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Hate the band, hate the music, whatever. I challenge anyone to watch this(not a KISS video or concert, but a Dan Rather interview).
» YouTube video

I watched it and agree with most (but not all) of what Gene says.

#256 4 years ago

I don't care for KISS as a band, but I watched that whole interview. Can't help but respect Gene for honesty, bluntness, and hard work. Can't agree more about the sense of entitlement that people have and the lack of desire/ambition that many people feel is normal.

#257 4 years ago

i was 14 years old when Kiss was Popular and went to sleep everynight hoping
to dream of beeing on stage with them...

Me and some school friends used to put make-up on at lypsinc to theyre music

I Still listen to them once in a while and it brings me to a happy place

Like i said before IF Kiss pinball is made right, Art Toys Code and all,i will be buying !

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

» YouTube video

Holy Crap that was a great interview! I didn't know much about Gene, but I sure respect him a lot more now!

#259 4 years ago

I don't like the band at all, but I like Gene.

#260 4 years ago

I wonder if George Gomez is a KISS fan and designed the new KISS pin?

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

» YouTube video

Amazing.

I severely underestimated that guy! Wouldn't call myself a huge KISS fan, but I'm a Gene Simmons life philosophy fan for sure.

Thanks for sharing!

#262 4 years ago

He lost me at "inspiration is over rated" Yes he has helped create a very marketable brand and puts on a great live show , and his dedication to his work has made him a lot of money . But it's his lack of inspiration that kiss has never recorded a great song and the reason why kiss is very polarizing as a band.

#263 4 years ago

As long as people are going to buy it they might as well make it. Hell, people would buy it even if they didn't. So they might as well get something for their money.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

This really depends on whether you are there for the visual show of some clowns or to listen to a band that actually can play instruments and complex tunes very well. Angus SMOKES guitar solos, and If I want to hear some real musicianship, it's AC/DC over KISS any day

Wow. Don't want to be mean, but you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

I grew up with AC/DC. Played heaps of their songs in my cover bands. The reason we played them is they are 1/ very catchy and popular 2/ so easy to play we could play them while we were drunk.

Almost every AC/DC song is built around a very simple Angus riff or a simple 3-4 chord pattern played by Malcolm. And Angus' solos are the same pentatonic scales he's been playing for 30 years.

There's more musical ability on display in the KISS song "Creatures of the Night" than in a whole AC/DC album. Possibly the whole AC/DC catalogue.

People who say KISS can't play their instruments are simply wrong. Gene is a very good bass player, and Paul is a very good rythym player. Shame he's losing his voice now, but he was one of rocks best frontmen for 30 years plus. KISS have had a stellar bunch of guitar players from Ace Frehley to Vinnie Vincent to Bruce Kulick (who is very underrated)

My 10c.

rd.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I grew up with AC/DC. Played heaps of their songs in my cover bands. The reason we played them is they are 1/ very catchy and popular 2/ so easy to play we could play them while we were drunk.
Almost every AC/DC song is built around a very simple Angus riff or a simple 3-4 chord pattern played by Malcolm. And Angus' solos are the same pentatonic scales he's been playing for 30 years.
There's more musical ability on display in the KISS song "Creatures of the Night" than in a whole AC/DC album. Possibly the whole AC/DC catalogue.
People who say KISS can't play their instruments are simply wrong. Gene is a very good bass player, and Paul is a very good rythym player. Shame he's losing his voice now, but he was one of rocks best frontmen for 30 years plus. KISS have had a stellar bunch of guitar players from Ace Frehley to Vinnie Vincent to Bruce Kulick (who is very underrated)
My 10c.
rd.

Dude, I totally agree with you but let me correct you on 1 little thing: Paul Stanley surely is a hell of a songwriter but he was never good on his guitar playing.... on their shows, he is "helped" all along by a hidden keyboard player who dubs his guitar, since the 2000's.....

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My 10c.
rd.

Really? Angus is ranked by Rolling Stone magazine as the 24th greatest guitarist of all time, Gibsons made several Angus Young guitar models. In most top 10, 100, 200 lists I have yet to see Ace Frehley or Vinnie Vincent's name. Now obviously I won't win any argument on a KISS thread, but I've been a guitar player for over 30 years and I know what I like, and when I go to any live shows it's to hear guitarists play and not to watch a bunch of clowns spitting blood and fire.

1104.jpg
#267 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Really? Angus is ranked by Rolling Stone magazine as the 24th greatest guitarist of all time, Gibsons made several Angus Young guitar models. In most top 10, 100, 200 lists I have yet to see Ace Frehley or Vinnie Vincent's name. Now obviously I won't win any argument on a KISS thread, but I've been a guitar player for over 30 years and I know what I like, and when I go to any live shows it's to hear guitarists play and not to watch a bunch of clowns spitting blood and fire.

1104.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You see, though I'm not a professional musician, I know some basic guitar playing AND I'm also a huge fan of both bands. Let's face it.... Angus is really not that great guitar player!

Again, I really can't understand that "my favorite band is better than your favorite band" s*** you guys are going through.... Some can never compare MUSIC in terms of taste, style, anything.... It will always be like apples and oranges!

If you don't like it.... forget it, let go!!!!!

Let's get back to PINBALL here, please!

#268 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Y
If you don't like it.... forget it, let go!!!!!
Let's get back to PINBALL here, please!

I think you are forgetting how this all started:

untitled.jpg
#269 4 years ago

Wow. That was a very powerful interview. Thank you for posting! Makes me appreciate what I have.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

untitled.jpg

MEGADETH will outsell METALLICA!!!

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Again, I really can't understand that "my favorite band is better than your favorite band" s*** you guys are going through.... Some can never compare MUSIC in terms of taste, style, anything.... It will always be like apples and oranges!

I also never said AC/DC was my favorite band, I only used true facts to point out that historically AC/DC is more popular (due to sales) and Angus is rated in many circles, such as Rolling Stone's top 100 list, as a great guitarist ....I wasn't the one who put him in the top 100. I could, for example, say I don't like Van Goghs painting style, but that isn't going to change his rating as a historically world renown painter.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

so easy to play we could play them while we were drunk.

I've also been playing for over thirty years, and I can play Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen and more while drunk. Doesn't change the fact that they are great guitarists, now, does it?

Quoted from rotordave:

Gene is a very good bass player

You're a comedian. He's nowhere in the bass guitar world.
http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2014/07/10/carol-kaye-gives-gene-simmons-a-bass-lesson/

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I've also been playing for over thirty years, and I can play Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen and more while drunk. Doesn't change the fact that they are great guitarists, now, does it?

You're a comedian. He's nowhere in the bass guitar world.
http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2014/07/10/carol-kaye-gives-gene-simmons-a-bass-lesson/

DEEP PURPLE will outsell TOMMY (The Who)!

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My 10c.

Gene had the potential to be a great bass player, but he hides it and wasn't intersted in being one. There are some backstage clips of him in the studio and warming up with the band and it is impressive. Even on the first album, songs like Strutter, 100,000 Years, and Cold Gin have very detailed structured bass lines. We're not talking of Billy Sheen quality, but more than just a Ian Hill type.

It's interesting to look at Vinnie and Ace. Both great guitarists that only scratched the surface of their potential. Both of them destoryed by their inner demons. Bruce was my third favorite of the guitarists, his later work with the band was very impressive. In fact I thought I read an interview with Bruce years ago where he said he was amazed at how good Gene was - but that he choose not to show it. In all the shows I have seen, I've can't remember Gene messing up a song. Now his ability to remember lyrics, that's another story.

#275 4 years ago

I actually hope KISS (if one is made) does outsell ACDC, because it'll mean we have another outstanding pin on our hands...and busy assembly lines at Stern!

Obviously there are other themes I'd put well before KISS on my wish list, but I guess I'm one of those people who gets excited about a new pin, regardless of the theme.

Whatever's next, it'll be worth a trip to the new factory with my family to check it out first-hand!

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I actually hope KISS (if one is made) does outsell ACDC, because it'll mean we have another outstanding pin on our hands...and busy assembly lines at Stern!
Obviously there are other themes I'd put well before KISS on my wish list, but I guess I'm one of those people who gets excited about a new pin, regardless of the theme.
Whatever's next, it'll be worth a trip to the new factory with my family to check it out first-hand!

Given how good ACDC is a game, I doubt anything will outsell it for quite some time - regardless of what new themes they choose.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

untitled.jpg

What is your point?

I said I believe one pinball will outsell the other...very simple, and to the point.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I challenge anyone to watch this

Every person on this forum should watch this (especially Americans).

#279 4 years ago

I'll agree that AC/DC aren't really much better musicians than KISS - neither are really virtuosos.

I wouldn't say KISS is better, that's ridiculous. Sure, they hired some ringer shredders in the 80s and 90s on salary but those guys were hardly band members. They also weren't doing anything a million other people weren't doing in those days. And they certainly never put out anything with the feel or character of AC/DC even if they hired guys who could try to imitate Steve Vai.

AC/DC has always been a better band with much more memorable songs, better production, and something KISS has never had and never will have - a little authenticity and sincerity. Those guys really love what they are doing and really ARE rock n roll.

Kiss maybe had that for about 2 years and have just been a corporation since about 1978.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Sborel:

I wonder if George Gomez is a KISS fan and designed the new KISS pin?

The playfield pic that was posted to one of these threads is clearly a Borg design with shades of HD/IJ4.

#281 4 years ago

AC/DC are obviously worse musicians than KISS, but who really cares?

Do you not enjoy a Ramones album because it has less production value than Queen?

Do you like Elvis any less because he was not really playing his guitar?

Do you hate Bob Dylan because he can't sing?

Do you not play your Zeppelin albums because they sound tinny and thin?

It's supposed to be Rock N Roll. Quit bitching and just turn it up to 11.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The playfield pic that was posted to one of these threads is clearly a Borg design with shades of HD/IJ4.

Borg being next up is public knowledge anyways, it's been stated, not even "inside information". So no question it's a Borg game.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

AC/DC are obviously worse musicians than KISS, but who really cares?
Do you not enjoy a Ramones album because it has less production value than Queen?
Do you like Elvis any less because he was not really playing his guitar?
Do you hate Bob Dylan because he can't sing?
Do you not play your Zeppelin albums because they sound tinny and thin?
It's supposed to be Rock N Roll. Quit bitching and just turn it up to 11.

Just because AC/DC keeps the guitar style more simple, doesn't mean he's a worse player. Angus has been known as one of the best guitarists around. AC/DC keeps things simple because you don't need complexity to make a great song.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Just because AC/DC keeps the guitar style more simple, doesn't mean he's a worse player.

I'm saying the whole band, not just Angus.

Gene way better bass player, Peter better drummer than meth boy, Ace better lead guitarist, Paul a better kisser......

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Paul a better kisser......

I see someone has been to a concert and got a special back stage pass.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I see someone has been to a concert and got a special back stage pass.

Yes, only the pretty people get one

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I bet you got more than just a kiss.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I bet you got more than just a kiss.

vid has seen the love gun...

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What is your point?
I said I believe one pinball will outsell the other...very simple, and to the point.

And I already answered that. 8 people agreed that Kiss would outsell AC/DC and 75 disagree. Not even a close race at all.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

And I already answered that. 8 people agreed that Kiss would outsell AC/DC and 75 disagree. Not even a close race at all.

I am one of the 8 who thumbs upped the OP...not because I ever think it would happen, just because I think it would be great if it did happen...

#292 4 years ago

Both bands are sell outs.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

It's all good, I believe that I will prove them all wrong.

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Both bands are sell outs.

Both bands are awesome!

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Both bands are awesome!

To you maybe........

#296 4 years ago

What kind of acid did you drop?

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm just imagining the guy in the avatar rocking up backstage. Many lols. Would lol again.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Modman:

What kind of acid did you drop?

AC/DC is awesome in their own right. I'm not into Kiss, but I can see the appeal. Some things....well, you just have to have been there. Has anyone seen my Ska collection?

#299 4 years ago

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

To you maybe........

Yeah, thanks! (by the sound of Cradle of Filth's "Dusk and her Embrace")

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
5,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Santa Ana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside