TinyKISS_03_wideweb__470x309,0.jpg
_non_secure_user_images_letters_20120228_064352_halloween_2011_large.jpg
40324aef2a3af9bc37b0108a93ed3e83.jpg
Ia9iSPR.jpg
kiss this.jpg
ji2l95.jpg
kiss_coffee_venn.jpg
4730282-3-4.jpg
There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

music pins. They are really polarizing.

And that's a good thing.

Nothing is worse than trying to please everybody with some middle of the road theme.

#52 8 years ago

So when it's the third bomb in a row at least we know a vault edition will be next

#53 8 years ago

Am I the only dude on pinside that wants a KISS pin? I should start a club. Probably pretty lonely, though.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Am I the only dude on pinside that wants a KISS pin? I should start a club. Probably pretty lonely, though.

I'm interested too Kyle. Needs good code, no more price increases and pre disco era music. Otherwise, I'm out

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

And that's a good thing.
Nothing is worse than trying to please everybody with some middle of the road theme.

I would argue Kiss is a middle of the road theme. A Kiss license is almost cliche.

#56 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#57 8 years ago

I Wanna Troll-N-Roll All Night!
And Troll Everyday!

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

With KISS being announced within a week or so.....I boldly predict it will OUTSELL AC/DC.
Naysayers commence!!!

No way to tell...Stern doesn't release sales numbers so it's really just a guessing game. I'll guess no.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I would argue Kiss is a middle of the road theme.

So how polarizing can it be if it is middle of the road?

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So how polarizing can it be if it is middle of the road?

I think you're missing my point which may be my fault for not properly conveying it

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I think you're missing my point which may be my fault for not properly conveying it

You know me, I like to take everything at face value!

-

If it's new pinball, I'm all for it. Bring on KISS, Maiden, Queen, Ramones, Misfits.....

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also, let's be fair, plenty of people own Metallica and ACDC, two of Sterns best games ever, and aren't fans of the band.
Why don't we do something crazy, and wait to see the actual game first, before predicting anything though?

I bought Metallica without being a fan of the music, but have since grown to tolerate it (even like some songs).

I think if I ever bought KISS the music would just p**s me off.

#63 8 years ago

I think the KISS army already spent all their money on KISS figurines etc. They have no cash left for a pinball game.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I think the KISS army already spent all their money on KISS figurines etc. They have no cash left for a pinball game.

haha...is this a joke?

#65 8 years ago

1. KISS will not be announced in a week or so, (or even a month or so).
2. It will not even come close to outselling AC/DC.

#67 8 years ago

OMG- I HOPE Stern announces KISS as their next title....

I'll be able to increase the asking price even HIGHER on my AC/DC Premium I'm selling...

Mustang, Walking Dead, Wrestlemania... and now.... KISS.... mwhahahahaaa. People will start to wonder whether Stern's best days are behind them

AC/DC, $10K by Kiss.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Although I like AC/DC, KISS uses more chords.

And better solos.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

With KISS being announced within a week or so.....I boldly predict it will OUTSELL AC/DC.
Naysayers commence!!!

It may even outsell that giant book they "made"

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

TRON VE!!!
SKIT-B!!!
Jersey Jack!!
CCR!!!
MBR!!!
Lets stir some stuff up on pinside! (sarcasm)

Wait.. they are making a Creedence Clearwater Revival pin (CCR)?!?!? I am so in!

#72 8 years ago

You guys are all gonna be pretty disappointed in August when Borg's latest, Ant-Man, is announced.

The LE backglass and playfield artwork is a little hard to make out in detail, but the white will really stand out in the dark.

ant-man-small-poster-648x400.jpgant-man-small-poster-648x400.jpg

#73 8 years ago
IMG_0913.JPGIMG_0913.JPG
#74 8 years ago

59486625.jpg59486625.jpg

#75 8 years ago

Why wait for the remake? When the original is available NOW!!!

ebay.com link: KISS Pinball Machine FREE SHIPPING RESTORED BEHOND NEW

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why wait for the remake? When the original is available NOW!!!
ebay.com link » Kiss Pinball Machine Free Shipping Restored Behond New

I could never buy anything that claims it is behond new

#77 8 years ago

Behond new is the gnu standard!

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

And better solos.

I know opinions about music are truly subjective, but you are SO WRONG!!! Haha

I just love Angus' solos.

I told a friend I would punch him in the face if he bought a Kiss pin. Seriously though, I hope it's good. The music will not be... But the pin could be! It could certainly LOOK great too. I hate their music, but their outfits are ridiculous and awesome, and could lend well to pinball art.

#80 8 years ago

never happen. AC/DC = Good band . Kiss = crappy band.

Kiss might have a huge following in the collectors market, but a lot more people like AC/DC's music.

Theme won't matter anyway. It all comes down to layout and rules. Metallica is a shitty band, but the game is pretty damn good. So until people start putting at least 50 games on them, there is no way to tell based on theme alone. Even after you see pictures, you can't tell shit. Can't say for sure until you put some time in on one.

#81 8 years ago

Kiss will sell. It will sell more if the layout and code are good.
Outsell acdc? That's a tall order.
Even if it falls short, if it does well and is fun it's a win for pinheads and stern.

#83 8 years ago

I prefer ACDC to Kiss.

However, I concede that KISS may very well have more intense followers- that's probably just as important (maybe more?) than volume of fans or ABBA would be the hottest pin theme on the market

I think many agree- if the GAME is awesome, it will SELL. However, AWESOME has been in short supply at Stern as of late....

#84 8 years ago

Great toys + Great Cartoonish Art Style + Lyman on Code...I'm in !

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

never happen. AC/DC = Good band . Kiss = crappy band.
Kiss might have a huge following in the collectors market, but a lot more people like AC/DC's music.
Theme won't matter anyway. It all comes down to layout and rules. Metallica is a shitty band, but the game is pretty damn good.

Metallica could not have reached their level of popularity if they made bad music. They have no gimmick or hook to draw fans in.

With Kiss, it would be extremely hard to argue that a lot of the initial attraction was the theatrics and makeup and is still a major part of their appeal today, regardless of what one thinks of their musicianship.

But in any event I agree it is the rules and layout that will make the game.

The only question will be will Gene insist on a bigger face portrait on the playfield than Angus'.

#86 8 years ago

People are crazy who think KISS is more popular and relevant than ACDC. Who headlined coachella this year?

#87 8 years ago

Even back when they were new and I was the perfect age to be a Kiss fan I just couldn't get past the makup and gimmicks. That being said, if the game is fun I'll never say never.

#88 8 years ago

I've never been a fan of a bunch of face painted clowns playing rock music.

Gene was good in the movie Runaway (with a then hot Kirstie Alley)

#89 8 years ago
mcnally-exploding-trains.jpgmcnally-exploding-trains.jpg
#90 8 years ago

No way. Not even close.

#91 8 years ago

Wouldn't that be hysterical if they released a Kiss pin, and this was the one song that kept playing in the background?

#92 8 years ago

Kiss = The heavy metal version of The Monkeys.

#93 8 years ago

Sorry if this has been said already but how can anyone say the next title will or will not outsell another title before we've even seen the new game, much less played it?

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sorry if this has been said already but how can anyone say the next title will or will not outsell another title before we've even seen the new game, much less played it?

Because Fake Kiss plays small outdoor amphitheaters with other fake warm-up bands during summer tours. AC/DC sells out stadiums any time of year.

#95 8 years ago

Is this the KISS pf?

BNVJMMa.pngBNVJMMa.png
#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is this the KISS pf?

BNVJMMa.png

Nice catch! Where'd you get THAT from???

#97 8 years ago

I don't care which machine sells more.... the money isn't coming to my pockets!

#98 8 years ago

Another KISS pinball thread.... I wonder if it's just rumours.... I will not spend my energy on it until it's official!

#99 8 years ago

BTW... Jersey Jack will announce the IRON MAIDEN pinball machine next year!!!!!

#100 8 years ago

Game sales (beyond pre-sales) will ultimately have more to do with how good the game actually is. But for popularity of the theme, AC/DC music has been used a lot recently in big movies - Iron Man is probably the best example, but I've heard AC/DC used a lot. I don't hear Kiss songs that much. Many AC/DC songs have aged very well, and still sound "new", Kiss songs not so much. There may be a big following of older Kiss fans, but I don't think that will translate to huge sale numbers by itself. Again, if the game is awesome, then it may have a chance. But like someone else said, that's a tall order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-will-outsell-acdc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.