Topic Stats

• 398 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wayout440
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2a (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 2.54.06 PM (resized).png
22788951iq (resized).jpg
20150502_131449.jpg
20150502_131503.jpg
lebowski.jpg
54008aa1b45af.preview-620.jpg
54008aa1b45af.preview-620.jpg
TinyKISS_03_wideweb__470x309,0.jpg
_non_secure_user_images_letters_20120228_064352_halloween_2011_large.jpg
40324aef2a3af9bc37b0108a93ed3e83.jpg
Ia9iSPR.jpg
kiss this.jpg
ji2l95.jpg
kiss_coffee_venn.jpg
4730282-3-4.jpg

There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 4 years ago

With KISS being announced within a week or so.....I boldly predict it will OUTSELL AC/DC.

Naysayers commence!!!

#2 4 years ago

TRON VE!!!
SKIT-B!!!
Jersey Jack!!
CCR!!!
MBR!!!

Lets stir some stuff up on pinside! (sarcasm)

#3 4 years ago

It won't outsell LOTR VE or Iron Maiden, so who cares.

#4 4 years ago

NFW

#5 4 years ago

Bwahahaha. Just what I needed on Huuuuummmpppp Day...a good belly laugh. Thanks!

image.jpg

#6 4 years ago

th-1.jpeg

#7 4 years ago

I gotta doubt it... KISS sells a lot of stuff (including the original Pinball game) but AC/DC has better record sales.

#8 4 years ago

I hope not. AC/DC is the better band.

But the 'KISS ARMY' has deep pockets for all things KISS.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

With KISS being announced within a week or so.....I boldly predict it will OUTSELL AC/DC.
Naysayers commence!!!

lol good one

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Naysayers commence!!!

Ha - put down the crack pipe dude!

#11 4 years ago

Transformers 4 also out-grossed Guardians of the Galaxy last year. Doesn't mean it's the better movie.

#12 4 years ago

Kiss was the first rock n roll band I ever liked back in the early 70s, but I'm not buying their pin, at least not nib. Acdc is a better band by far.

#13 4 years ago

I don't know if the op has a history with you guys but man, you can be brutal on another mans opinion!!

Regardless of the above, it may be a better seller, which only time will tell, but will it be a better player! That's the real question imo.

#14 4 years ago

Keep em coming.....love it.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I don't know if the op has a history with you guys but man, you can be brutal on another mans opinion!!
Regardless of the above, it may be a better seller, which only time will tell, but will it be a better player! That's the real question imo.

1. The OP is asking for it
2. It's a troll thread
3. KISS is a gimmick
4. They weren't cool 20 years ago, never mind now
5. Not likely the OP is going to be seen in this thread again - edit - they came back!

#16 4 years ago

If kiss ends up with better code than acdc we shall flock to it. That said, we won't know the answer for 1 to 2 years.....

#17 4 years ago

I hope so
BETH LE ....... 'nuff said

#18 4 years ago
image.jpg image-142.jpg
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

If kiss ends up with better code than acdc we shall flock to it. That said, we won't know the answer for 1 to 2 years.....

And that is why it is an opinion, a prediction.

See, what most do not understand is I am a huge pinball guy and a huge KISS collector. I see this a little differently from the other side. I do custom KISS pinballs, you all have seen them, they sell. Many underestimate the power of that KISS collectors hold with the money they spend on KISS merchandise. The old school operators remember how much the original KISS machines made them.

This has NOTHING to do with who is a better band, who cares. It's who's brand will sell better.

LE's will sell out immediately
Premiums will be made and will sell out with each run
Pro's will do very well on route and with budget minded home collectors.
Mods will be very plentiful
And Gene will go after ANYTHING not licensed!!!

Either I eat my words, or many of you will have a lot of egg on your faces.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Naysayers commence!!!

Heck ya, 1 out of 2 Charlie Sheen's would agree with you! Unfortunately they are both crazy as $hi&

18k23a.jpgsheen.jpg

#21 4 years ago

I agree that KISS will be announced within a week, but disagree on the sales. They will sell all the LEs and have dismal Pro sales and no Premiums. It is a Borg game so may get a few extra Pro sales if it is really good.

#22 4 years ago

Mustang, WWE, WNBJM, Kiss...

Botched TWD & ST...

Stern must hate money

#23 4 years ago

Your topic reminded me to have a little empathy. I must be at least this irritating to the Iron Maiden and Rob Zombie haters.

#24 4 years ago

How will you know?

#25 4 years ago

Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in.

I thought Tron VE would be the next game. I have a feeling that Wrestlemania is a total sales failure. Instead of doing a run of 400 Tron VE, Stern will want a machine that will move thousands….hence Kiss (or GOT or whatever is next in line).

If it is Kiss, I know my best friend's dad will want the LE.

Secondly, I think if it is Kiss, that it will be a huge seller. Seems like a lot of people kept their money in their pocket with WWE.

Personally, I'd love to see a Meatloaf pinball. Wizard mode could be completing the full 23 minute version of Paradise by the Dashboard Light.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Mustang, WWE, WNBJM, Kiss...
Botched TWD & ST...
Stern must hate money

Just curious, but what do you feel was botched about Star Trek? If it was the delays on the code, I couldn't agree more.

Not looking to pick a fight (I know my user name is Trekkie), just looking to get your opinion.

#27 4 years ago

Love your enthusiasm but no..... Sorry I don't think so. Even if it was the best game ever made I think ac/DC was the perfect storm at the right time and place

#28 4 years ago

Xtra bad code with long updates

#29 4 years ago

I couldn't care less about KISS as a band. Actually, I take that back, I care a little, but mostly in a negative way, they're too cheesy for my tastes. I wouldn't refuse to own one, but it would have to overcome my mild negative bias.

But if it outsold ACDC? That would be great news. Because that means that a huge number of people who weren't into pinball bought one, that's the only way it's likely to happen. And that's good for the hobby.

#31 4 years ago

Also, let's be fair, plenty of people own Metallica and ACDC, two of Sterns best games ever, and aren't fans of the band.

Why don't we do something crazy, and wait to see the actual game first, before predicting anything though?

#32 4 years ago

Kiss sucks and Gene Simmons is a tool .... I wish they would forget about kiss and just do iron maiden already

#33 4 years ago

I hope it does just to show that old bands will still sell well and make it more likely that Iron Maiden will be made...

#34 4 years ago

If the pin is fun, he might be true.

Thankfully, we will never know, lol.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Acdc is a better band by far.

Although I like AC/DC, KISS uses more chords.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also, let's be fair, plenty of people own Metallica and ACDC, two of Sterns best games ever, and aren't fans of the band.
Why don't we do something crazy, and wait to see the actual game first, before predicting anything though?

Not the biggest Ac/Dc fan, but I'd love to own a Luci model. AC/DC is definitely one of the best pins I've ever played.

I could care less about Metallica, but I still play it when I see it due to it being a fun pin to play.

#37 4 years ago

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true......

#38 4 years ago
384128.gif
#39 4 years ago

AC/DC wrote the best song ever........ For 30 years...

#40 4 years ago

Kiss made 6 great studio albums (the first 6 of course) and 30 or so horrible ones. Still a good Kiss pin will sell, sell, sell.

#41 4 years ago

If it's fun, it will sell.

All everyone did was bitch about AC/DC and now it is one of the greatest pins of all time......

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I wish they would forget about kiss and just do iron maiden already

My prediction is that Heighway develops a Maiden pin. I can already visualize it sitting in my basement right next to Aliens.

#43 4 years ago

This announcement is the best thing my wallet has ever heard. I know it is mathematically impossible, but there is less than zero percent chance I would ever buy a KISS pinball machine.

Time to grab another EM and save some pennies while waiting for GOT.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

My prediction is that Heighway develops a Maiden pin. I can already visualize it sitting in my basement right next to Aliens.

Or inside my Alien pin. That's the great thing with Heighway

#45 4 years ago

I wonder what it would take to get the license for Iron Maiden. Cost wise. Derek Riggs is yet another hurdle. He HAS to do the art. Has to.

#46 4 years ago

I much rather see a ZZ Top pin then Kiss.

#47 4 years ago

Talk about not relevent. ZZ top couldn't even make the main stage at Stagecoach this year in Indio. They were pushed off to a side stage with George Thorogood and Hank Williams Jr in front of less than 2500 people.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Talk about not relevent. ZZ top couldn't even make the main stage at Stagecoach this year in Indio. They were pushed off to a side stage with George Thorogood and Hank Williams Jr in front of less than 2500 people.

Yeah I know there no where near as big as they used to be. They opened for Kid Rock here in Michigan last year but no dedicated concerts. I just personally enjoy their music more then that from Kiss.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Talk about not relevent. ZZ top

At least you can usually see them for free every year at the State Fair.

#50 4 years ago

No more music pins. They are really polarizing. Metallica is an excellent pin but I just can't stand Metallica anymore. Kiss could be the best pin in the world and I will not buy one because I no longer like the band. I especially won't support anything Gene Simmons does. But there are a lot of Kiss fans so it will probably sell very well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 21.00
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, PA
$ 25.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 11.95
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 399.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 398 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside