Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 210 posts
  • 100 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Duff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“KISS or IRON MAIDEN ?”

• KISS 65 votes
      25%
    • IRON MAIDEN 191 votes
      75%

(256 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

live-after-death-cover-art.jpg
    1622856_10151848318232396_307114515_n.jpg
    1798858_10151848317957396_424188554_n.jpg
    203660.jpg
    tvg-19870924-ad.jpg
    20101014-tows-debby-boone-4-220x312.jpg
    th-5.jpeg
    300px-Iron_maidens.jpg
    1950s midol.png
    IMG_5762.JPG
    Kiss Kasket.jpg
    I hate Iron Maiden.jpg
    I hate KISS.jpg
    There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 10 years ago

Which game would you buy?

(PLEASE don't waste bandwidth bitching how you hate one band or another - take a Midol, and save it for your girlfriends )

I hate KISS.jpgI hate KISS.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Led Zepplin!!! bar none!!!

#3 10 years ago

If I say neither, do I still get the midol?

#4 10 years ago

Iron Maiden by a landslide.

#5 10 years ago

Neither.

No wait...both. Get them both out of the way in one fell swoop.

--Luke

#6 10 years ago

Neither for me.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

If I say neither, do I still get the midol?

No problem.

This should help with the bloating too.

I hate Iron Maiden.jpgI hate Iron Maiden.jpg
    #8 10 years ago

Where is the option for neither?
    Rock bands will satisfy pinheads, but each group/title will have its select fans. They are all going to be polarizing to some extent, but that has proven to not be a problem with sales for ACDC and Metallica, so it should not be a problem with most other big name groups.
    I honestly would not mind seeing Stern do one rock band pin a year. I know I will not care much for half of the groups, but I am sure most of the games will have fun/decent gameplay.

#9 10 years ago

the Maiden machine has great art package possibilities. Whether you're a Maiden fan or not I think most can agree the artwork is very colorful and done very well. There would also be a lot of "toy" possibilities.

KISS could have a lot of potential as well but Simmons and Stanley will not allow merchandise to be produced unless it depicts its current line up only! I am not a KISS fan but I think back over the years of all the different members (i.e. Carr and Vincent) and think it would be neat to see a "KISStory" machine that includes all of the members on it.

Either machine would have a lot of potential for both artwork, "toys" as well as rule sets.

#10 10 years ago

No thanks.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Where is the option for neither?

Don't need it.

Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't need it.
    Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

But then the minority will likely be heard louder than they really are.

#13 10 years ago

Celine Dion

#14 10 years ago

Neither, i'd pass and save 15k. Which would be great. Hopefully led zep comes out and i can pass on that one too. Im done with music pins.

I liked maiden for the past 30 years. I think their music is too clashing for pinball. The gallops, the legth of the songs the time changes. Its kinda werd for pinball because there is alot going on. Try playing some loud maiden while playing one of your favorite pins. I though it would go great but its kinda weird.

I always thought kiss music sucks. Cool image but crappy music, besides a few songs. But, i think their music fits pinball better. Might be cool in a american icon kinda way.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Simmons and Stanley will not allow merchandise to be produced unless it depicts its current line up only!

People often repeat this, but you only have to look at the official Kiss store to see that the original 4 members are represented on a huge piles of crappy nonsense.

Kiss Kasket.jpgKiss Kasket.jpg

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

But then the minority will likely be heard louder than they really are.

Let's keep politics out of Pinside, lol.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

People often repeat this, but you only have to look at the official Kiss store to see that the original 4 members are represented on a huge piles of crappy nonsense.

Kiss Kasket.jpg 20 KB

Is that what you plan on getting buried in? LOL

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Small picture so hard to tell, you sure those are the original members?

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Is that what you plan on getting buried in? LOL

I don't have any family, so whatever remains the dogs leave when they finally find me will probably just get tossed in the dump.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Small picture so hard to tell, you sure those are the original members?

Definitely..

#21 10 years ago

Is Up the Irons a decent answer?

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

(PLEASE don't waste bandwidth bitching how you hate one band or another - take a Midol

Quoted from vid1900:

you only have to look at the official Kiss store to see that the original 4 members are represented on a huge piles of crappy nonsense.

I see what you did there...

#23 10 years ago

Im so sick of hearing about rock band themes. No offense guys but i dont understand what all the hype is about.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from deeznuts:

Im so sick of hearing about rock band themes. No offense guys but i dont understand what all the hype is about.

Says the guy that has ACDC and Metallica pins in his collection list.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Says the guy that has ACDC and Metallica pins in his collection list.

They get the least plays out of my collection. Nice to have but nothing great. Maybe a new band might be a big deal to someone but they got old pretty fast

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from deeznuts:

They get the least plays out of my collection. Nice to have but nothing great. Maybe a new band might be a big deal to someone but they got old pretty fast

I suggest trading them out for something else. I am sure somebody else could enjoy them and you could obviously enjoy something else. Who knows, maybe the next band pin will be the one that really clicks for you. There are only so many movie themes that will sell well in a given year, and I don't think it is realistic to think that Stern and JJP are going to be doing a bunch of non-licensed pins. It is simply too risky for them, but at least JJP is going to try with their 3rd title.

#27 10 years ago

Any news from MGC yet?

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't have any family, so whatever remains the dogs leave when they finally find me will probably just get tossed in the dump.

I have much to learn from you, vid, in addition to everything you can teach about pinball repair.

Oh, and

BLACK SABBATH

#29 10 years ago

can bullet to the head be option 3?

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If the dogs have not eaten your skull by the time the mail piles up and they find you, could you donate it to us pinheads?

We could take it around to shows as a relic.

St. Vid?

#31 10 years ago

When this slaughter is over, I propose we face off Maiden against a few other bands just for kicks. I think the original artwork of Maiden really makes it stand apart. It's made for pinball. It's the artwork that makes it more attractive than a Sabbath or Zeppelin pin. I wouldn't want to see pictures of old geezers from those bands (that I like even more than Maiden) on my pin... I'd want original art... Both of those bands used a lot of photography for their covers. It wouldn't work like a Maiden pin.
    -mof

#32 10 years ago

hhmmmmmm................ KISS!

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

If the dogs have not eaten your skull by the time the mail piles up and they find you, could you donate it to us pinheads?
    We could take it around to shows as a relic.
    St. Vid?

I've certainly performed some miracles in my lifetime, but not exactly the kind that get you nominated for sainthood; if you know what I mean.

#34 10 years ago

I would actually like to see something like a Metal Madness pin that includes music from multiple bands. I think AC/DC was probably the most recognizable band, and Metallica is close, but not quite as mainstream. I am thinking like Monster Bash, but different bands instead of monsters. I think that could be a lot of fun.

#35 10 years ago

I say zeppelin!

#36 10 years ago

OZZY if another was made, other than that i would pass..

especially on the 2 games mentioned in this post...

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I would actually like to see something like a Metal Madness pin that includes music from multiple bands. I think AC/DC was probably the most recognizable band, and Metallica is close, but not quite as mainstream. I am thinking like Monster Bash, but different bands instead of monsters. I think that could be a lot of fun.

Something like a Monsters of Rock pin would be great!

You could have individual songs from Priest, Anthrax, Kiss, Maiden, Sabbath, Motorhead, Slayer, Anthrax, Van Halen, etc. Obviously there would be differences in what people would want to hear track-wise, but the variety of songs (and bands) would keep people from getting bored.

The theme could go a couple different directions:

Hot rod racing type theme (i.e. the old CARtoons magazines)

- or -

Zombie graveyard

Either way, Dirty Donnie could do the artwork (since he's seemed to have struck up a good working relationship with Stern).

#38 10 years ago

I voted Kiss...but i for sure would buy Maiden also!

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from deeznuts:

Maybe because the Last 2 Music pin are simply amazing!

#40 10 years ago

MAIDEN!
    RUN TO THE HILLS!!!
    FIGHT TO NOT DRAIN THE BALL!!!!!!

#41 10 years ago

Paul Stanley said that the future of KISS is to even have him and Gene replaced by new performers.

It will be like a metal Menudo.

#43 10 years ago

Both suck we are not all in our 40s and 50s yet

#44 10 years ago

I vote for the Midol Pin, and I don't even know what the hell that means!

#46 10 years ago

I'd actually rather have a Midol-themed pin than a new Kiss pin.

#48 10 years ago

Neither for me. If I had to take one it would be IM, because the artwork is a lot better. I can't stand the sight of KISS. The makeup has given me the creeps since the first time I saw them in the 70's.

#49 10 years ago

Need option for neither or zeppelin

#50 10 years ago

Kiss usually appeals to those who have an iq of -4

There are 210 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-vs-iron-maiden-new-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.