• 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2B96EEE7-5BCF-4058-96E4-387AD2103232 (resized).jpeg
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

looking at what is valued at a higher price than original sales price and license availability, it looks like Stern KISS could be a potential in the future. I have seen pros go for more than premmy/LEs sell for. That is a pretty good indication of a vault edition. I think that would be a great move. Seems like they will never produce another TRON or LotR. Both i would love to see.

Thoughts?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

looking at what is valued at a higher price than original sales price and license availability, it looks like Stern KISS could be a potential in the future. I have seen pros go for more than premmy/LEs sell for. That is a pretty good indication of a vault edition. I think that would be a great move. Seems like they will never produce another TRON or LotR. Both i would love to see.
Thoughts?

I don’t see it happening. Doesn’t seem like it was a huge seller and I don’t see the big pent up demand you are seeing.

Most kiss fans would rather own the classic 70s version, and post pinball people
Would rather own Metallica or acdc.

1 week later
#3 3 years ago

Any place that I have checked on Stern Pro version of KISS that have a used one in stock are selling them at 8k. There are none for sale on pinside for sale. If a pro can command the price of a premmy why wouldn't Stern do a vault. Heck the did a vault of Star Trek when you could still find that game new. We really dont need a revault of Iron Man.

#4 3 years ago

I think there was a code update, and people had more interest in the game again, way back when. I suppose I don't see it for sale often...wouldn't be a bad title to vault, if they had another update to go along with it and the license was cheap to renew.

#5 3 years ago

Anything is possible with enough demand but doubtful.
You can ask whatever, but 8k for a pro?
Nope. Avoid those places.

#6 3 years ago

Not sure where you are seeing these prices, but it seems like retailers/flippers and not collector pricing.

#7 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure I know where busa got the price. It is retailer. Regardless, the game just doesn't pop up for sale often relegating us to an Economics 101 discussion relating to available volume, demand and pricing.

#8 3 years ago

I might be a wierdo but Kiss is my favorite game. I have an LE with topper and it is just the game I play the most. I don’t know if a vault would work financially but I would like to see it over some of the other titles Stern has put out as vaults.

#9 3 years ago

I don't buy pinball machines until I'm happy with the status of code. I loved Stern's KISS as a theme and really wanted a Premium, but held off buying one due to not knowing when (or if) the code would be finished, and unfortunately, they finished the code after the machine was out of production, and they did a really good job on that code. I'd love to set one next to my AC/DC Luci Vault and Metallica Monsters Premium, so I'll throw my opinion on the woodpile as I'm a KISS Premium Vault buyer if it should happen

Now, next question: Who's working on the KISS ColorDMD? LOL

#10 3 years ago

I want color DMD so bad!!!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

That would be a great update to the vault.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

Any place that I have checked on Stern Pro version of KISS that have a used one in stock are selling them at 8k. There are none for sale on pinside for sale. If a pro can command the price of a premmy why wouldn't Stern do a vault. Heck the did a vault of Star Trek when you could still find that game new. We really dont need a revault of Iron Man.

Shoot, I’d let you come get my LE #063 with stern topper, coin taker interactive back box light board, shaker, stern blades, Interactive lit speakers, plus some other mods for $8K if you want. It’s unshopped with a broken star child plastic though lol

#13 3 years ago

That's a pretty good deal, actually! You could probably sell that topper alone for $1k.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's a pretty good deal, actually! You could probably sell that topper alone for $1k.

Then maybe I should rethink it lol. Honestly I picked it up in a multi pin trade to get a TSPP. Kiss is a cool game but to be true LE games are a little more high end than my budget. I like the game a lot but I will definitely end up moving on from it because it is more money tied up in one than I want

#15 3 years ago

Reminds me of the pinflation boom a decade ago when people would put ridiculous prices on games they wanted to keep, then someone would say "okay" and hand 'em the cash. Of course now those ridiculous prices are a deal.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

Any place that I have checked on Stern Pro version of KISS that have a used one in stock are selling them at 8k.

This is very common with out of production games when they get near the end of the stock at a distributor. It has nothing to do with the actual value of the game, it is simply supply and demand at that point. The supply is low, and it really isn't costing the distributor much to have the game in a warehouse. So they turn up the profit. Then when someone who really wants a NIB experience with the game comes along... profit. It is also why you see NIB games seem to appear from nowhere right before a vault edition releases. Because distributors know the plan and want to clear it out before the next version comes out.

Distributors also did this before "Vault Editions" existed. Back then they were just called "runs". So a game like Tron had a run and finished. Then the "1.5" run. Distributors that had some left raised prices, then right before run 2, poof, a bunch of NIB sold and then run 2 happened. Rinse, lather, repeat for run 3 and run 4. The only time you could get a normal price was during production.

As for KISS being Vaulted... I don't think there is enough pent up demand to justify it. The game has its fans, but they are probably already happy. It's all about how many people would be willing to plunk down $5600 to own one. OF COURSE... I've been wrong about this before. I said the same thing about Iron Man, and then that showed up. Hell, I even own one of them. Time will tell.

#17 3 years ago

KISS is night and day better since the last update.

One of the best games around.

Will Stern re-run the topper?

Maybe if they ever vaulted it.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

yes! I hope its soon

#19 3 years ago

i enjoyed playing kiss before the update. the game is fun to shoot and the update made it better. i think it got a bad deal at a time of sterns growning pains. Mostly playfield issues. Now that playfields are waybetter lets do KISS justice with a re release.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

i enjoyed playing kiss before the update. the game is fun to shoot and the update made it better. i think it got a bad deal at a time of sterns growning pains. Mostly playfield issues.

I don't think Kiss had any PF issues at that time did it? I remember it had week sauce code, and the Gene head could always give you issues.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think Kiss had any PF issues at that time did it? I remember it had week sauce code, and the Gene head could always give you issues.

There were some with Ghosting issues but relatively the playfields on most look great.

#22 3 years ago

Kiss LE with Topper for sale over here In UK.

Started out at £8500, then dropped to £8000, still no takers and now a Dutch auction - it’s at £7300 now..

Considering LE’s over here are £10500 now..

#23 3 years ago

Probably not enough Kiss fans in the UK to artificially inflate prices. You guys have better bands over there.

#24 3 years ago

Kiss sales stalled because of shitty, long abandoned code and the game went out of production before things were made right (about 2 years)? I know, I was a Kiss LE owner and wanted to love the game but the code just killed it for me... sold it after holding it for 1.5 years and moved on. Loved the theme, code just got old quick and then waiting for stern to do something just pissed me off.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS is night and day better since the last update.
One of the best games around.
Will Stern re-run the topper?
Maybe if they ever vaulted it.

I bought KISS fairly cheap before the major code update and glad I did. Still love playing it. Would also love that topper.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I bought KISS fairly cheap before the major code update and glad I did. Still love playing it.

Great timing!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

yes! I hope its soon

Me too. Have it all set up, all I need is some code.

#28 3 years ago

Kiss is such a underrated game, Busa is correct that with pro prices $7-8,000 a vault edition should be a easy layup. Those who haven't had a chance to play this title with the new code are really missing out. This game clearly never reached its peak with sales secondary to how long it took to get that final code drop, you just don't see them come up for sale.

#29 3 years ago

thanks kingpin. It should be an easy layup for stern. It should be an easy license too along with easy production. Only time will tell.

#30 3 years ago

IMO the KISS playfields were a much better grade than the crap Stern is putting out now. They should just vault the topper.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

IMO the KISS playfields were a much better grade than the crap Stern is putting out now. They should just vault the topper.

didn't kiss come out after Metallica? I think about metallica age, they pulled pf production in house, and that is for sure when paint flaking and clear coat cracking started to happen. However my replacement metallica pf had extra extra clear on it, but my GB has a thin layer an you see the wood planking.

#32 3 years ago

Looks like two pinsiders have been advertising to buy a Stern Kiss Pro. One ad has been re-listed 6 times, the other twice. Looks like no one wants to let go of their Kiss Pro? I bought mine at the initial release and thought it was good but not great. Almost sold it before the last update which really was a game changer. Glad i still have it.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

thanks kingpin. It should be an easy layup for stern. It should be an easy license too along with easy production. Only time will tell.

You've got three "shoulds" in here. How do you know these "shoulds" to be true?

Maybe the license would be a pain in the ass to renew. Maybe the production would be a pain in the ass for some reason or another. Maybe it's not an easy layup at all. Maybe the demand really isn't there, maybe it's expensive to produce etc. etc.

Shoulds don't pay the bills man!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe the license would be a pain in the ass to renew.

I don't know about the other points but for this one..... its KISS. They will take the money. One of the easier licenses to get.

They should just vault the topper.

This for sure. I have been looking for a couple of years. Would love a rerun. Have they rerun the topper when they did a vault in the past?

#35 3 years ago

missed it the first time...I'd buy a vault edition!

#36 3 years ago

This is another great opportunity to get the license again, add a colour display and sell it to customers who bought it the first time round in a limited run, as well as everyone else that now wants one. The same thing they should do with Tron....they are both great themes, with great layouts. Add something new to the formula and watch people buy it again.

#37 3 years ago

Two amazing pins from Stern, I was praying for a Vault Tron and Kiss.
I pinched myself for a reality check. I knew deep down it was unlikely to happen.
I’ve since got my Kiss KE NIB DE version - alas still searching for that elusive topper....
Lucky to find a fully tricked Tron LE.
Both rooted to the spot, there’s some greatness about these themes.
Both beautiful looking pins too.

#38 3 years ago

I hope they vault this table. I just picked up an LE and it's a great table, hope they vault the topper as I'm after one.

#39 3 years ago

Question is:- Have Stern ever in their history vaulted a topper?

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Question is:- Have Stern ever in their history vaulted a topper?

Beatles

#41 3 years ago

To me the KISS was the #1 topper until BKSOR topper. Rest were too small or just plain meh. I think it would sell way better than the Heavy Metal pin. We can only hope Stern will see this and make a vault.

1 week later
#42 3 years ago

Lick it up Babee!!!

2B96EEE7-5BCF-4058-96E4-387AD2103232 (resized).jpeg2B96EEE7-5BCF-4058-96E4-387AD2103232 (resized).jpeg

#43 3 years ago

wow lol

#44 3 years ago

KISS was also the inflection point where Stern went to cheaper, less dense wood for the cabinets. But the playfields were still great quality at that point.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t see it happening. Doesn’t seem like it was a huge seller and I don’t see the big pent up demand you are seeing.
Most kiss fans would rather own the classic 70s version, and post pinball people
Would rather own Metallica or acdc.

KISS LE with the foil cabinet art is a great package, and with the current code, I'd take one again over Metallica or even the boring 70's KISS pin. AC/DC would be a tougher call, with the edge probably going to AC/DC.

That said, I don't think a vault would sell all that well because of the bad early rep KISS earned. Almost an XMEN kind of situation.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS LE with the foil cabinet art is a great package, and with the current code, I'd take one again over Metallica or even the boring 70's KISS pin. AC/DC would be a tougher call, with the edge probably going to AC/DC.
That said, I don't think a vault would sell all that well because of the bad early rep KISS earned. Almost an XMEN kind of situation.

I wanted a Bally KISS, but once Stern revealed their version, was much happier to pay similar money and get a machine with last-ability and real KISS tunes thrown in. Have had it for a few years now and it's still one of my most played machines.

#47 3 years ago

C'mon Stern, vault the thing and while your at it, vault the topper..

#48 3 years ago

Kiss has to be the only license that would be an easy renewal since gene loves to dole it out

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Kiss has to be the only license that would be an easy renewal since gene loves to dole it out

Would be interesting to know how many licensees actually resist renewal...can't imagine many give a crap. Sure, it's not big bucks, but it's still bucks.

#50 3 years ago

The thing with licensees is that they are in the business of selling their license.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-vault?hl=aussiegeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.