image.jpeg
IMG_1201.jpg
20150928_170325.jpg
kiss-last-pic.jpg
kiss-dsc00777.jpg
kiss-dsc00765.jpg
kiss-dsc00737.jpg
1443499244517749921171.jpg
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Toppers are landing all over the Kiss Army today. Updating code now as we speak. Topper is very bright.

#2 8 years ago

Anyone know if the LED's will be color changing eventually?

#3 8 years ago

Video please

#4 8 years ago

I installed mine and updated the code on my Pro earlier today. This thing is BRIGHT! I went through the settings to see if theres any way to adjust the brightness but had no luck.

Anyways, here's a vid of me cycling through the first few seconds of each of the songs -

#6 8 years ago

I know what the Toppers run, how much was shipping ?

Looks pretty CooL !!

Looks like the FF LED BackBox Kit !

#7 8 years ago

Can you replace the white LEDs in the topper with color?

#8 8 years ago

Glad you guys like it. Myself I've always thought it was redundant because the kiss letters are very prominent on the tranny (not the band members) directly below where the topper sits.

#9 8 years ago

That looks really cool. Glad it worked out.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I know what the Toppers run, how much was shipping ?
Looks pretty CooL !!
Looks like the FF LED BackBox Kit !

Yep! I went with the FF led backbox kit because it doesn't light up the letters singularly as I hit them on the playfield, I thought that'd be too redundant for the playfield, translite, and the topper to do that. For others they may want that and go with the other led kits available. To each their own I love my set up, and it's KISS so the logo itself can never be redundant. You should see my game room with the lights on, their logo's everywhere lol.

As for the shipping ill have to check to see what I paid, I went through FF and ordered the blades, topper, and knobs all in one order. Everything has been released individually over a span of time though so I've received them as the items were released at my request instead of waiting for all of it together .

I'm thinking about cancelling the knobs and going with the Marshall amp rod now

#11 8 years ago

I did have this as my topper for the three months Ive had my pro, it looked great but it made me nervous as hell when friends were over and we were tilting the machine a bunch. The damage this sucker would cause falling onto the glass/playfield I just couldn't imagine lol

1443499244517749921171.jpg1443499244517749921171.jpg

#12 8 years ago

Kiss Topper Video Installation and Game Play

Blog : https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/kiss-pinball-topper-game-play-and-installation/

Website : http://www.pinballsupernova.com/kiss%20topper%20install.html

kiss-dsc00737.jpgkiss-dsc00737.jpg

kiss-dsc00765.jpgkiss-dsc00765.jpg

kiss-dsc00777.jpgkiss-dsc00777.jpg

kiss-last-pic.jpgkiss-last-pic.jpg

#13 8 years ago

not a topper guy at all, but this one integrates very well with the music.
if I owned a kiss I would own the topper on this one.

had TWD fishtank filled the entire top of the head and the heads inside not look like shrunken heads but life size I would have added that one, too.

#14 8 years ago

Looks awesome! Thanks for the pix and videos.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from kennz0r:

I did have this as my topper for the three months Ive had my pro, it looked great but it made me nervous as hell when friends were over and we were tilting the machine a bunch. The damage this sucker would cause falling onto the glass/playfield I just couldn't imagine lol

Especially if you have PDI glass too!

#16 8 years ago

Looks pretty nice.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from kennz0r:

I installed mine and updated the code on my Pro earlier today. This thing is BRIGHT! I went through the settings to see if theres any way to adjust the brightness but had no luck.
Anyways, here's a vid of me cycling through the first few seconds of each of the songs -
» YouTube video

cool!

Looks like 'KISS' in the backglass is animated a bit too...Howd you do that? Thanks

#18 8 years ago

We will have Stern Kiss toppers on our site by tomorrow AM with free shipping

#19 8 years ago

I honestly think the topper is cool looking and bright. However, I don't feel it warrants the $400.00 price tag. I would think that it would
if color changing leds were installed and it ran with the game code. But there is no mention of if color changing LED's are installed or not.

#20 8 years ago

A must have for this game IMO

#21 8 years ago

I want one, but $400 for this is just too much IMO. This should be about $250... or less.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

cool!
Looks like 'KISS' in the backglass is animated a bit too...Howd you do that? Thanks

It's the Enhanced LED backbox kit from Flipper Fidelity. The best mod purchase I've made for my Pro so far imo. Comes with a remote. $130 bucks.

20150928_170325.jpg20150928_170325.jpg

#23 8 years ago

Hey kennz0r! Did you buy the Stern blades? If so are they just peel and stick decals?

#24 8 years ago

Thought you didn't like mods.

#25 8 years ago

I won't buy another Stern topper again after TWD.

It's not worth $400 and they haven't really done anything with the lighting effects since.

It's ok if I'm sitting there watching it in attract mode. Nothing special.

Basically a waste of money for me imho

#26 8 years ago

Any game play video of the display interacting with the game available? Attract mode stuff looks great.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I won't buy another Stern topper again after TWD.
It's not worth $400 and they haven't really done anything with the lighting effects since.
It's ok if I'm sitting there watching it in attract mode. Nothing special.
Basically a waste of money for me imho

Iceman, I have to agree with you. Its just not for me.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Any game play video of the display interacting with the game available? Attract mode stuff looks great.

See topic
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pinball-topper-video-installation-and-game-play

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from kennz0r:

It's the Enhanced LED backbox kit from Flipper Fidelity. The best mod purchase I've made for my Pro so far imo. Comes with a remote. $130 bucks.
20150928_170325.jpg

What's the difference between the ff one and the coin taker one? Besides a $100 price difference?

#30 8 years ago

What's the difference between the ff one and the coin taker one? Besides a $100 price difference?

I think Coin Taker's version interacts with the K-I-S-S as you light them up on the playfield. Since the topper can do this I didn't want that redundant feature and went with the FF.

Quoted from thundergod76:

Hey kennz0r! Did you buy the Stern blades? If so are they just peel and stick decals?

Yeah they're the Stern blades. And yes they're peel and stick. A bit tricky for my first pinball to apply but I like the finished result!

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Thought you didn't like mods.

Not sure if post this is directed towards me? Can't recall making such a comment anywhere.

#31 8 years ago

So Stern's art blades are just stickers? I'm new to this, so I had no idea. I was under the impression they were metal blades that were installed.

#32 8 years ago

not you ken, the op

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from kennz0r:

I think Coin Taker's version interacts with the K-I-S-S as you light them up on the playfield. Since the topper can do this I didn't want that redundant feature and went with the FF.

Cointaker does not interact with kiss drop targets FYI

#34 8 years ago

Like your pic kennz0r, you going on 5?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Interesting. It does individually light up each letter...I wonder what that's tied to...

#36 8 years ago

Interesting. It does individually light up each letter...I wonder what that's tied to...

Not tied into anything, Chris is working with me on that, He even used my prototype at the last show.

#37 8 years ago

Not tied into anything, Chris is working with me on that, He even used my prototype at the last show.

Interesting. So it just scrolls through or is random or what? If you buy a deluxe one now I wonder if they'll provide some sort of upgrade path? At $270 it's pricey...

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

Like your pic kennz0r, you going on 5?

Yep! Me and 3 of my buddies. I'm stoked. Doing the meet and greets with Paul and Gene too- VIP performance from Paul with a special setlist and a bass guitar lesson from Gene! I'm thinking I'm going to ask Gene to sign my blank instruction card "To Kenn, YOU GOTTA ROCK HARDER!" to put in my pin, lol.

You going?

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So Stern's art blades are just stickers? I'm new to this, so I had no idea. I was under the impression they were metal blades that were installed.

Yeah, they're just kinda thick stickers. They seem pretty durable. I was able to re-apply them until I was satisfied. It was kinda tricky but it's my first pin, so I chalked it up to gaining experience.

#40 8 years ago

Gotcha. Still happy with my FF and the price I got it for. I dont prefer any individual light sequencing of the Kiss letters on my backglass, tied in or not. If I didn't have the topper though that might be a different story.

If you're building a backglass mod that does interact with the letters on the drop targets that's great! It'll stand out from the other mods and will be a cool alternative for those not wanting to go the topper route. Good luck.

#41 8 years ago

Will be there with my wife and daughter. We only missed the first one because I didn't hear about it until after it happened. Took my 5 year old last year for the first time. She has been asking to go back since we got home last year. Best vacation ever! Love the instruction card idea!

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from kennz0r:

Gotcha. Still happy with my FF and the price I got it for. I dont prefer any individual light sequencing of the Kiss letters on my backglass, tied in or not. If I didn't have the topper though that might be a different story.
If you're building a backglass mod that does interact with the letters on the drop targets that's great! It'll stand out from the other mods and will be a cool alternative for those not wanting to go the topper route. Good luck.

they will be on mezelmods and coin taker sites soon

#43 8 years ago

does the brightness distract from the gameplay?

#44 8 years ago

they will be on mezelmods and coin taker sites soon

I received the harness yesterday and will be doing final testing Saturday.

#45 8 years ago

10% off everything in the Stern online store this weekend. Topper ordered!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

10% off everything in the Stern online store this weekend. Topper ordered!

Cool. Is that effectively free shipping?

#47 8 years ago

This is something that should have mounted in the backbox and lit up the KISS on the translite. 100% not interested in a redundant topper, especially for $400. Also disappointed it didn't come as standard - I mean, it was one the coolest feature of the original..

CJ

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from CJWSJ:

This is something that should have mounted in the backbox and lit up the KISS on the translite. 100% not interested in a redundant topper, especially for $400. Also disappointed it didn't come as standard - I mean, it was one the coolest feature of the original..
CJ

I could see the LE having something to light it up. No way they'd change the single fluorescent bulb for 'just' the pro/premium.

#49 8 years ago

I can see leaving it off the PRO. Spending $7K+ for the Premium, it should've been on that.. at a minimum the LE. Also, they don't have fluorescent tubes anymore.. Backbox is now lit from LED's off the PCA. Cost reduced the hell out of these games over the years, and have 2-3X'd the price.

CJ

#50 8 years ago

I could see the LE having something to light it up. No way they'd change the single fluorescent bulb for 'just' the pro/premium.

They don't use a fluorescent bulb anymore in the backbox. Get with the times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-topper-received-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.