Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Baiter
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
20150526_181428260_iOS.jpg
20150526_181435239_iOS.jpg
classic kiss.jpg
3 Head Fire Machine.jpg
untitled.png KISS Glasses.png
iU8itnw.gif
Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 3.16.05 PM.png

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball?fref=nf

Holy crap...how cool is Stern's KISS topper? They posted it to Facebook page. Really amazing how much went into this KISS machine. Definitely feels like Stern is going all out and delivering something special with this pin. This topper is one of the coolest toppers I've seen. Just awesome.

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 3.16.05 PM.png
#2 4 years ago

Important to point out - it's all individually software controlled LEDs so they can animated it to match things going on in the game, which is brilliant.

#3 4 years ago

It's neat but I wouldn't call it amazing. The changing light sequence could be better and considering the name Kiss is right at the top of the backbox it looks a little redundant. But it's most definitely more cool than the topper that came with WOZ.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Important to point out - it's all individually software controlled LEDs so they can animated it to match things going on in the game, which is brilliant.

They can be or it will come that way? Is it something they just haven't completed yet? If what you say happens that would be cool.

#5 4 years ago

That is kickass!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

They can be or it will come that way? Is it something they just haven't completed yet? If what you say happens that would be cool.

The write up on Facebook gives the impression there will be different light patterns for each mode/song.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It's neat but I wouldn't call it amazing. The changing light sequence could be better and considering the name Kiss is right at the top of the backbox it looks a little redundant. But it's most definitely more cool than the topper that came with WOZ.

Compared to most of the toppers out there, I would say this one is Amazing. Brings that KISS concert feel to life...I just think it's very, very cool.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

From the FB post:

"197 individual lights computer controlled in nearly 8" 3D letters of the iconic KISS band logo! Works in conjunction with the game or on its own as a home decoration!

The topper features many lighting modes which light differently depending on which mode you are in within the game. Only one is shown in this video! When in attract mode (non gameplay) it automatically cycles through the light modes."

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Yes, Stern's post says exactly that.

#10 4 years ago

I'm pretty excited for a pin I could never afford based on a band I don't care much for believe it or not. This topper is suhweeeet!

#11 4 years ago

Maybe have each letter be illuminated as certain checkpoints are achieved during one of the modes? This thing is amazing btw.

#12 4 years ago

This is the first topper that really made me go wow in a long time.

#13 4 years ago

Well that's gonna be bright.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

For $400 I hope it is cooler then the WOZ topper which came included with the game The Kiss one does look impressive.

Also, why jab at WOZ? Like I said that topper was included with the game.

I wish Stern would make something like this for ACDC.

#15 4 years ago

I usually take the toppers off of games because they look like a cancer growing out of the machine, but this really is amazing.

#16 4 years ago

Twelve o'clock, I gotta rock

#17 4 years ago

Should be standard with the LE!

#18 4 years ago

It will be interesting to see some better patterns programmed into that thing since each LED is controllable. That slow spell does nothing for me.

I like the concept though and it has a LOT of potential, especially if it's going to be controlled by the game.

Quoted from Banker:

Should be standard with the LE!

+1 to that!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For $400 I hope it is cooler then the WOZ topper which came included with the game

Yep, the promised "interactive topper" which actually does not nothing much less something interactive was included on my $7500 WOZ. But the game looks nicer without it IMO as it's like sticking a pineapple for a hood ornament on a Cadillac. Looks out of place and so cheap.

#20 4 years ago

Too bad they didn't just do that for behind the logo in the backglass.

#21 4 years ago

They need to whip up a batch to match the German LE.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Well that would take a whole extra board just to run it, like the Bally table!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Goofy thought, but I wonder if you could make brackets and hang it off the front of the backbox in front of the existing KISS letters on the translite, LOL.

#24 4 years ago

I'm not even a KISS fan and have to say that is a badass topper. Very cool stuff. Really impressed with the passion Stern seems to be putting behind this one. Hope they can get this riled up for other themes in the future as well.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well that would take a whole extra board just to run it, like the Bally table!

Supposed to be the point of the new Spike System adding is easy - I was disappointed to see the FB reply that Stern will not do a interactive back glass ever again… Ummm didn't Steve Richie say the exact other thing at the expo?

#26 4 years ago

Sorry, but this is a miss for me. As pointed out, I don't want the name in lights right above.......the name in lights.

Come up with something better imo!

#27 4 years ago

I think it would be cooler if it came with the game....

#28 4 years ago

Should be inside the game and different topper, I mean the bands name is on the black glass already. Let's get more creative. I just don't get when toppers are the same as stuff already in the game.

#29 4 years ago

I like the Kiss topper, I think it fits the game well and it's sort of a no brainer. Now that they have reveled it I have 2 topper mods I am working on to complement this topper. I thought this was coming and I had a topper ready if it didn't but the mods I am working on are just as good.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

But you can't charge an extra $400 for that!!

iU8itnw.gif
#31 4 years ago

Props to Stern, well played.

#32 4 years ago

Awesome topper at an awesomely expensive price. Kudos to stern tho. Take some of the market off the independent modders. Stern certainly know what they are doing

#33 4 years ago

Looks amazing, just hope you can program it like the actual logo during a concert. The pattern that is in the video right now isn't even close.

#34 4 years ago

Looks great it'll look nice on my KISS pin.

#35 4 years ago

Nice on the wall too, but it's only working on 110v if not plugged into the pinball.
Well I guess converters exist... or could be included...

#36 4 years ago

Not so nice like the TWD topper but looks great on the game with interactive lights.
So don't be in a hurry to order, STERN will make tons of them .... even if they say the run will have 200 only, that's the good thing !
Wondering if STERN would make 60 SS topper for Germany?

Maybe some days I will get a KISS pin .... if Kevin Kulek pay back the money for preordered Predator

#37 4 years ago

$400 ?

#38 4 years ago

It's nice but man $400....that's tough to swallow.

#39 4 years ago

Standard STERN topper price .... but TWD was only 399 USD

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

C'mon, the Kiss is more than just a name of a band. I'm no fan of the band or pointless toppers but you have to admit that is cool. It gets your attention and will be awesome tied into gameplay.

#41 4 years ago

It better be AMMMAZZZING with extra MMMs and ZZZs for $400, I am willing to bet the aftermarket mod people can come up with better for LESS. Prove me right peeps!

#42 4 years ago

I'm sure it will mimic what they do in live concerts which should be incredible. This WILL be atop mine once available.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It better be AMMMAZZZING with extra MMMs and ZZZs for $400, I am willing to bet the aftermarket mod people can come up with better for LESS. Prove me right peeps!

I wouldnt touch that if I were a modder. Stern won't look to kindly at competing with them on something they paid a license for.

#44 4 years ago

IMHO another VERY NICE Stern Topper that should come WITH the FrEaKiNg LE for what they're charging.
<->

If the Stern TWD Topper was any indication (400 made, sold & NOW NLA ) if you want one you better get it on order NOW !

#45 4 years ago

This topper is perfect and makes me want the game now. At the very least it would look great on its own in any man cave. Well done Stern, you bastiches!

#46 4 years ago

Does it only work with the LE? I mean, the interactive mode part.

#47 4 years ago

If the TWD Topper was any indication it SHOULD work with all three flavors:
Pro
Premium
LE

With that said TWD was a SAM System & KISS is Spike System - but even the Spike Games have Flashers & that's what the TWD Topper was tied into - it used the 12V Flasher Circuits and was not tied into the GI.

#48 4 years ago

INCLUDE THIS WITH THE LE.

#49 4 years ago

You might need few pairs of these to play that pin with the Topper.
untitled.png KISS Glasses.png

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

If the Stern TWD Topper was any indication (400 made, sold & NOW NLA ) if you want one you better get it on order NOW !

Stern's TWD toppers will be back in stock next month.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toronto, ON
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside