(Topic ID: 93534)

Kiss this!

By wcbrandes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what is next music pin you want to see made”

• Muse 3 votes
      4%
    • Beattles 18 votes
      22%
    • Aerosmith 6 votes
      7%
    • I dont give a flying poop, I'm sick of music based pins lets see an original theme! 55 votes
      67%

(82 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kisstory.jpg
    Kiss  Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpg
    nelson twins.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg
    MUSE_FOND.jpg
    image-561.jpg
    image-895.jpg
    Stern Nugent.jpg
    2014-06-09-12-42-55.png
    image-917.jpg
    image-140.jpg
    image-648.jpg
    image-764.jpg
    image-803.jpg
    image-999.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, if it's awesome it's awesome. I find the theme really unappealing, but if it's that great and I ended up loving it I'd be happy to swallow my pride and say "I shat all over this, and it's so good that I'm publicly admitting I was wrong". I really don't care for the music, so that would be a buzzkill no matter what though.
    Thing is, I think about this on location and it just feels like a joke to me. Maybe the KISS Army is still strong and rolling and will snap it up as collectors, but as a theme for the general public it just feels incredibly irrelevant. Gene is the guy in makeup slanging Dr. Pepper (see above). You might as well just route the original pin, will probably attract as many nostalgia coin drops as a new one, and it would be a lot cheaper.
    Maybe I'm wrong and people love the hell out of KISS still and I'm just not in the know.
    Edit: I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, a little too soft in the metal department for my tastes, but they didn't do a soda commercial, they made their own beer. That's how you do it, I can respect that.

Was at club 82 in LA last night and all the pins get played. Non-pin fanatics don't really care about all the stuff we debate. I would imagine most folks playing casual pinball on location would be fine with a KISS pin. What the collectors think is a bigger deal in terms of sales/appeal.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-this?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.