(Topic ID: 93534)

Kiss this!

By wcbrandes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what is next music pin you want to see made”

• Muse 3 votes
      4%
    • Beattles 18 votes
      22%
    • Aerosmith 6 votes
      7%
    • I dont give a flying poop, I'm sick of music based pins lets see an original theme! 55 votes
      67%

(82 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kisstory.jpg
    Kiss  Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpg
    nelson twins.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg
    MUSE_FOND.jpg
    image-561.jpg
    image-895.jpg
    Stern Nugent.jpg
    2014-06-09-12-42-55.png
    image-917.jpg
    image-140.jpg
    image-648.jpg
    image-764.jpg
    image-803.jpg
    image-999.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 9 years ago

Is Kiss even still a band?

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

KISS & AC/DC both 1973.......

We all get to go thru puberty again.

#118 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

When was the last time KISS was relevant and not an enormous sellout joke?

Somewhere around 1993.

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I said that because, Stern has only done bands that have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    Until that happens, they probably won't consider it.

At least with GnR, they did it 20 years beforehand while the band was still somewhat relevant.

#162 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Yeah, looks like it didn't matter back in the day when they did Nugent.

Or when they did GnR. When licensing a theme back in the 90s, manufacturers tried to keep it current for the most part. Except on some of the monster themes.

#164 9 years ago

I would prefer a music pin based on bands that have released good music within the last five years. Even a compilation of bands would be better than something that was popular with little kids while I was listening to real metal back in the 70s.

#168 9 years ago

Muse is definitely more current. And there are a whole slew of other alternative bands that's music would fit right into the gameplay experience. Not sure how many other pinballers are into alt rock, but I am. That is why I will sit this one out. I just can't see buying a Kiss machine when that was so yesteryear.

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That would be great, except that teens who listen to new bands don't have $7,000 to buy a pinball machine,

Yes, but they do have pocket change. And if they walked into an arcade or anywhere a machine is on route and saw something they could relate to, they just might just become addicted. Just like we did. Keep pushing old fart themes at them, and it's game over.

#178 9 years ago
    Quoted from Homertv:

I hope they keep making a new music pin each year.

I keep going back to GnR. Was it really all that risky to make a machine like that with a band that had only been popular for a few years? I thought it was the coolest thing ever when I first saw one on route. That is one of the reasons I own one now. It was a machine of it's time

When I want to reminisce any of these other old bands I just flip the dial on my Sirius radio or put in a CD, but I'm not going backwards by spending $7000 on a new novelty pin from the past. I just can't do it. I got to see all these bands in their prime, and that memory is good enough for me.

#180 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Any Arcades with pinball in Orange County?

None by my house either.

There are pizza joints, hookah bars and lots of tattoo parlors. That seems to be where the young hipsters hang out these days. And if these places are not suitable for a game on route to get younger people involved, then modern pinball manufacturers should probably stay the course and cater to middle aged men longing for their youth. Let's do the Andrews Sisters next.

#187 9 years ago

Kiss, Tool, or Andrews Sisters. Hey OP, can we add a poll?

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

Stern is picking the lowest, easiest fruit now.

And the top fruit is just falling from the tree.

#195 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Captain Pike.

Now there's a guy that didn't make the cut.

#230 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Then Iron Maiden will follow next year and sell better.

If Iron Maiden comes first, pinheads can stop justifying to themselves a reason to want to spend over $6000 just to line the remaining members of Kiss pockets with more cash.

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

To me, Kiss was this cool underground band I got to see for about $7.50 in 1976.

Anaheim Stadium would never be the same after Kiss and Aerosmith tore that place up in 1976. Not so underground to 60,000 plus people.

#258 9 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

better yet a contemporary band like Modest Mouse or Phoenix

Throw in a little Metric and maybe some Arctic Monkeys and a few others, and an Alt Rock compilation pin would get my money.

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from kid_ego:

What about a Lalapalooza pin?

I think we're getting somewhere now. Bring it into the modern day and we can call it Coachella.

#264 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Pure Rock Odin not lalapbora!

OK. Judas Priest then. How bout some Ram it Down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-this?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.