(Topic ID: 93534)

Kiss this!

By wcbrandes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what is next music pin you want to see made”

• Muse 3 votes
      4%
    • Beattles 18 votes
      22%
    • Aerosmith 6 votes
      7%
    • I dont give a flying poop, I'm sick of music based pins lets see an original theme! 55 votes
      67%

(82 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kisstory.jpg
    Kiss  Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpg
    nelson twins.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg
    MUSE_FOND.jpg
    image-561.jpg
    image-895.jpg
    Stern Nugent.jpg
    2014-06-09-12-42-55.png
    image-917.jpg
    image-140.jpg
    image-648.jpg
    image-764.jpg
    image-803.jpg
    image-999.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homertv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe they can do a double bill with Celine Dion at Caesars?

Celine rocks harder then Kiss and she sucks big time
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqwua_celine-dion-it-s-all-coming-back-to_fun
    I always thought of Kiss as beginner Rock or training wheel rock that most out grow by the time your 8.
    They were always such a joke to me and my friends.
    May as well make a Duran Duran pin it would be better and that is not saying much.

#114 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Why do you gotta dis Duran Duran?

Dising Kiss and Duran Duran is just like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Duran Duran has more talent then Kiss for sure but would make a bad pin just like Kiss.

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I would prefer a music pin based on bands that have released good music within the last five years. Even a compilation of bands would be better than something that was popular with little kids while I was listening to real metal back in the 70s.

MUSE_FOND.jpgMUSE_FOND.jpg
    #169 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Muse is definitely more current. And there are a whole slew of other alternative bands that's music would fit right into the gameplay experience. Not sure how many other pinballers are into alt rock, but I am. That is why I will sit this one out. I just can't see buying a Kiss machine when that was so yesteryear.

There are very few current Rock bands that sell as much music and concert tickets as Muse.
    I think a Muse pin could happen in 10 to 15 years once their fan base ages a bit.

#174 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes, but they do have pocket change. And if they walked into an arcade or anywhere a machine is on route and saw something they could relate to, they just might just become addicted. Just like we did. Keep pushing old fart themes at them, and it's game over.

I hope they keep making a new music pin each year.
    Maybe Iron Maiden this year and Kiss in 2015
    But how many 70's/80's rock bands make since? Rush maybe
    U2 has been huge forever but I am not sure there music fits a pinball machine.
    But at a point they will need to try something more current.
    Not sure what 90's bands would make since; Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Pearl Jam maybe
    Some point we will see another crap music pin I am sure; I do wonder if the Rolling Stones was done now would it be more popular? Or is there major fan base just too old

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homertv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-this?tu=Homertv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.