(Topic ID: 93534)

Kiss this!

By wcbrandes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what is next music pin you want to see made”

• Muse 3 votes
      4%
    • Beattles 18 votes
      22%
    • Aerosmith 6 votes
      7%
    • I dont give a flying poop, I'm sick of music based pins lets see an original theme! 55 votes
      67%

(82 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kisstory.jpg
    Kiss  Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpg
    nelson twins.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg
    MUSE_FOND.jpg
    image-561.jpg
    image-895.jpg
    Stern Nugent.jpg
    2014-06-09-12-42-55.png
    image-917.jpg
    image-140.jpg
    image-648.jpg
    image-764.jpg
    image-803.jpg
    image-999.jpg
    There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 9 years ago

Radiohead is too dour, muse is too cheesy. Black keys or REM wouldn't be a good fit. Aerosmith gets old and U2 is literally too old to rock anymore.

But any of those would be better than a kiss pinball. Kiss is just annoying. And don't they already have enough merchandise/exposure, including one of the most recognizable and best known pins of all time?

#202 9 years ago

f

Quoted from cosmokramer:Really!?! those are the choices on the poll???

My thread my choice. You start your own and show us all what you want to put up! Thanks for playing

#203 9 years ago

I don't know who Muse is, so I asked my 26 year old daughter who lives 300 miles from me, and neither does she. Good choice!

#204 9 years ago

wasnt mine for the "boys" that support them! I shared my poll! See very unselfish!

#205 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

The thing is I do not believe Jpop would even go there if asked. bridges were burnt during this process i would think

People said the same thing about Ritchie and Stern.

#206 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

People said the same thing about Ritchie and Stern.

Haha, truth. And Ritchie left a trail of gasoline behind him and flicked a match as he strolled out the door too.

#207 9 years ago

True enough Rob but I spoke with Jpop and there was more to this scoop than meets the eye. Unless he's paid retirement fund money, I'm guessing no!

#208 9 years ago

keep in mind he has three machines in the line up right now and the fourth... a possible return to Arabia which I think is a way better idea than a TOTAN 2.0

#209 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This was voted as the #1 worst cover song of all time; Celine Dion butchering You Shook Me All Night Long
    As an unbelievable bonus, it even is introduced by Ellen DeGeneres !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    » YouTube video

I only got through half of that but, wow, stinky.
    Scott

#210 9 years ago

The majority wants an original theme, yet everybody is screaming for 20 year old remakes.

#211 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The majority wants an original theme, yet everybody is screaming for 20 year old remakes.

shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpgshut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg

#212 9 years ago

That's a crapy poll. I want Iron Maiden, Megadeath, Slayer. Not any of those listed.

#213 9 years ago

Slayer would be such a great pin, Black Sabbath too.

#214 9 years ago

what? your "pole" is crappy'? you nick name it "Iron" maiden "Megadeath and the "slayer" and you expected us to think your pole is any better! I bet you drive a Hummer too!

#215 9 years ago

Also there would be no better Music pin than Led Zeppelin. The greatest rock band ever! Zeppathon coming up for my buddies 50th bday!

#216 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

what? your "pole" is crappy'? you nick name it "Iron" maiden "Megadeath and the "slayer" and you expected us to think your pole is any better! I bet you drive a Hummer too!

What?!? Put down the pipe man.

#217 9 years ago

Led Zeppelin is a good band but nothing compared to Sabbath. Aerosmith, please stop and the Beatles while good song writers and good music not for pinball????? as for The Muse I just don't know what to say. Slayer Reign in Blood LE and God Hates us All Premium, just announced Angel of Death LE. I can dream can't I? Should happen but won't.

#218 9 years ago

I was Zep, Yes, Genesis and pink floyd back in the day Genesis back in the day just after they changed from Them

#219 9 years ago

I have a buddy that's a huge Kiss fan, and he's pretty much fed up with Kiss with the whole Rock and Roll hall of fame shunning of Peter and Ace by Paul and Gene. Also, Paul has been tearing Ace and Peter up in interviews and in his book. Top that with Paul's voice going to hell, and we have an unhappy Kiss fan base as of late, according to him. Some collectors are selling their collections and boycotting the latest tour.

Couple that with the fact that 95% of Kiss fans that would drop pinball machine price money on something would want Peter and Ace depicted in the artwork and NOT the impostors (Thayer and Singer), and this may not sell as well as Stern thinks. No way that Paul and Gene would put Peter and Ace's pictures on this machine with how they have been disassociating themselves from them so aggressively lately.

One thing I do know that will sell this pin- good design, gameplay, and code.

I guess we'll find out!!

#220 9 years ago

this is excellent news. just means there is another pin out there, I have no intention of ever wanting to own. Good news. There are already to many I do want.

#221 9 years ago

Not them, i think it was Hickory before Peter Gabriel

#222 9 years ago

Makes my purchase of a Transformers LE and Mustang a lot easier....

#223 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Saw Kiss on the reunion at Palace in 1996.

Think your memory may be a bit fuzzy on this one. I was living in Canton in 1996 and Kiss played Tiger stadium that year. One of the best concerts I have ever seen.

#224 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

WANGO-DEE-TANGO !

Every time I tell my buddy I'm at a cool tourney or collection he asks if they have a Nuge pin. He is always disappointed when I say no. Haven't seen one in ages.

#225 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Makes my purchase of a Transformers LE and Mustang a lot easier....

Not really.

#226 9 years ago

KISS was my 1st concert - 1977. Styx opened. I was 12. My dad took me and some friends. I was HUGE into 'em back then....but.... around 8th grade I moved on. Still have a nostalgic appreciation from 'em (saw them recently), but unless the pin was better than AC/DC, I'll pass.

#227 9 years ago

If done on an evil, dark theme like their Lucifer pin, it will really rock!!!!KISS.jpgKISS.jpg

#228 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

If done on an evil, dark theme like their Lucifer pin, it will really rock!!!!

KISS.jpg 270 KB

Yep, all depends on how Stern goes about this as to me buying or passing. If it's anything like the Bally pin I'm out. If it's creepy & rocks, I'm in!

#229 9 years ago

Then Iron Maiden will follow next year and sell better.

#230 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Then Iron Maiden will follow next year and sell better.

If Iron Maiden comes first, pinheads can stop justifying to themselves a reason to want to spend over $6000 just to line the remaining members of Kiss pockets with more cash.

#231 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Think your memory may be a bit fuzzy on this one. I was living in Canton in 1996 and Kiss played Tiger stadium that year. One of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Then it must've been '97. Their first Detroit reunion show was at Tiger Stadium. The second one was at the Palace. That's the one I saw. They toured and toured on the original reunion tour. And then the "farewell" was sometime around 2000.

#232 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

The thing is I do not believe Jpop would even go there if asked. bridges were burnt during this process i would think

At this point it's not about whether or not JPop would want to work with Stern, although I think he would, but I think it would be the right and most respectful thing to do.

#233 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

At this point it's not about whether or not JPop would want to work with Sterm, although I think he would, but I think it would be the right and most respectful thing to do.

At the end of the day, a lot of things are up to the licensor. They probably looked at both operations and said "Here's a guy who has taken money for 3 games but hasn't made ones....and here's a company that makes thousands of games per year". Jpop has 3 games to finish right now...he doesn't have time to work with Stern!

#234 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

I have a buddy that's a huge Kiss fan, and he's pretty much fed up with Kiss with the whole Rock and Roll hall of fame shunning of Peter and Ace by Paul and Gene. Also, Paul has been tearing Ace and Peter up in interviews and in his book. Top that with Paul's voice going to hell, and we have an unhappy Kiss fan base as of late, according to him. Some collectors are selling their collections and boycotting the latest tour.

Couple that with the fact that 95% of Kiss fans that would drop pinball machine price money on something would want Peter and Ace depicted in the artwork and NOT the impostors (Thayer and Singer),

Come on now. They have to do what's best for the band. Those guys just can't cut it anymore. And they did it to themselves.

#235 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

At this point it's not about whether or not JPop would want to work with Stern, although I think he would, but I think it would be the right and most respectful thing to do.

Serious question, why? It's just business. I pitch things to companies all the time. When I lose the pitch to someone else I don't think "damn, I worked hard on that, that company that got it should really bring me on board and use my idea".

He made something to try and get their business, but frankly he lost before he started because he has nothing to offer them aside from some cool art. His boutique business model is a poor fit for a commercial machine, he's better off making his original themes (and that's what we really want to see anyways). Stern has a track record with producing successful rock pins, and has the factory to back it up in the pitch.

Would I be mad if Jpop worked with Stern? Not at all! But I don't see how Stern owes him anything.

#236 9 years ago

No thanks, never got into to a group heavily marketed to confused bi curious young teenaged boys in the late 70's band that has managed to become even more pathetic with each passing year.

#237 9 years ago

awwww.....Damnit....come on...The Nelson Twin's pin is where it's at

nelson twins.jpgnelson twins.jpg

#238 9 years ago

To me, Kiss was this cool underground band I got to see for about $7.50 in 1976. I had missed them a year earlier so when they came around on the Alive tour, it was not to be missed again. My buddies & I piled in my parent's station wagon with a case of Budweiser and saw one of the coolest most entertaining concerts ever.

Then Destroyer came out... The Album sounded good until Beth drifted ( uhhh... oozed... ) out of the stereo. I jumped off the bandwagon right there (my little brother inherited Destroyer). We went to see them again on the Destroyer tour and I've seen them two other times, but none have had the magic or coolness of that first time. I will give Kiss credit in that they got me interested in going to concerts (another hobby that I've enjoyed for years). Sure, there are lots of "better" bands, but Kiss is just good dumb fun.

So anyhow, I think it would be a great Pin that will sell great and I'm sure it'll play great too. I'm not planning on buying one, but if one pops up at the right price, ya never know.

Oh yeah, back in the early days, they didn't care if you brought in a camera with a big lens either

Kiss  Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpgKiss Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpg

#239 9 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Kiss is just good dumb fun.

I predict that the game will have a dumb tongue gimmick.

#240 9 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

The Album sounded good until Beth drifted ( uhhh... oozed... ) out of the stereo.

I like that song. Just a few more hours.....

#241 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I like that song. Just a few more hours.....

I'll just say that Beth was more than my teenage ears could handle. I immediately went down to the record store and bought a Deep Purple album!!

#242 9 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I predict that the game will have a dumb tongue gimmick.

RS had "Mick on a stick"...so maybe KISS will have the "Lick on a stick."

Or Gene's tongue will be the ramp that let's players bash him in the face (ala the shot to Optimus Prime in TF).

#243 9 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

I'll just say that Beth was more than my teenage ears could handle. I immediately went down to the record store and bought a Deep Purple album!!

Good choice. "Beth" is as bad as "I was made for loving you". F'ing disco.

#244 9 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

Great story and pic Tully! Where in Madison did they play at?

My first KISS concert was in Madison in 1987 on the Crazy Nights tour at the Coliseum (Aliant). Even without makeup, they were great.

After Destroyer, they came out with Rock and Roll Over which rocked even harder than Destroyer without any ballads.

#245 9 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

awwww.....Damnit....come on...The Nelson Twin's pin is where it's at

nelson twins.jpg 10 KB

that's a band? Thought it they were elves.

#246 9 years ago

Yeah 2 titles in a row that do not interest me. At this rate I can afford to stay in the hobby....

#247 9 years ago

Zero interest in Kiss at all - whether it's their music, dolls, t-shirts, coffins or pinball. Don't like them - don't hate them - just don't care enough to even form an opinion of them.

#248 9 years ago

Did you guys ever see the giant Kisstory book that has all the pages 4 foot long?

I think the new kiss pin should be a Hercules sized pin.

kisstory.jpgkisstory.jpg

#249 9 years ago
    Quoted from tullster:

To me, Kiss was this cool underground band I got to see for about $7.50 in 1976.

Anaheim Stadium would never be the same after Kiss and Aerosmith tore that place up in 1976. Not so underground to 60,000 plus people.

#250 9 years ago
    There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-this/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.