(Topic ID: 93534)

Kiss this!

By wcbrandes

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what is next music pin you want to see made”

• Muse 3 votes
      4%
    • Beattles 18 votes
      22%
    • Aerosmith 6 votes
      7%
    • I dont give a flying poop, I'm sick of music based pins lets see an original theme! 55 votes
      67%

(82 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kisstory.jpg
    Kiss  Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpg
    nelson twins.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg
    MUSE_FOND.jpg
    image-561.jpg
    image-895.jpg
    Stern Nugent.jpg
    2014-06-09-12-42-55.png
    image-917.jpg
    image-140.jpg
    image-648.jpg
    image-764.jpg
    image-803.jpg
    image-999.jpg
    There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 9 years ago

Ritchie or John design and Lyman on code ....if toys are awesome
    It have a place and love for it

#52 9 years ago

I'm personally very tired of rock band themes and wish Stern would do an original and unlicensed theme. Oh well.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Well its official, Stern's lawyers have sealed the deal for the rights to produce the next KISS pinball machine. Not sure of any time frame.

Do you have a link to this information or is this just an other reliable source they seem to be a lot of them on Pinside.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I'm personally very tired of rock band themes and wish Stern would do an original and unlicensed theme. Oh well.

good call on wishing for this, it will save you a lot of money. i am totally in on the le providing it comes out with incomplete code and has a price increase of at least 5%.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Gary has said time and time again they won't do unlicensed any more.

You need to let it go. Let it go. Don't hold it back anymore.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Do you have a link to this information or is this just an other reliable source they seem to be a lot of them on Pinside.

As reliable as it can get unless Sterns lawyers lie If you want names not gonna happen. Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who wants to listen. Maybe guesing at some songs they will use and I can pretty much guarantee they wont be using jpop's art but that could change who knows.

#57 9 years ago

Another rock band...
    I have no interest in the pin.
    I will save my money for a future Star Wars or Walking Dead pin.
    They must be getting a good deal from rock bands.

#58 9 years ago

Next pin will be Justin Bieber...
    Having him commit misdemeanors and smoke weed will be part of the levels.
    Make up and break up with Selena Gomez will be the multiball.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I would probably by the pin, Love a few of their hits as fun nostalgic pop rock, but to say this??

Strutter, Nothin' to Lose, Firehouse, Cold Gin, Let Me Know, Deuce, 100,000 Years, Black Diamond. (Kissin' Time-- Yes, we all know that this was an embarrassing mistake.) But those other songs all on one album. I'll stand by my previous statement. I understand that Kiss is not Yes. But Yes is not Kiss either. Yes wouldn't make a great pinball and they're one of my favorite groups of all time. Saw them on their 35th Anniversary Tour in '04 at the Palace of Auburn Hills, 2nd Row. Had the classic line-up (Anderson, Howe, Squire, Wakeman, White). Awesome! Saw Kiss on the reunion at Palace in 1996. Awesome in different way and much more suitable for a pin.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

As reliable as it can get unless Sterns lawyers lie If you want names not gonna happen. Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who wants to listen. Maybe guesing at some songs they will use and I can pretty much guarantee they wont be using jpop's art but that could change who knows.

No offence but I hope you are wrong.

#61 9 years ago

I dont disagree, just think of it as forced savings!

#62 9 years ago

Is Kiss even still a band?

#63 9 years ago

Mustang, now Kiss. Feels like we're going backwards.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

And MMr and maybe BBBr Please put out another 8 ball deluxe if we keep going back.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Is Kiss even still a band?

Were they ever?
    A circus act ,nothing more, entertaining but not much musical talent there .

#66 9 years ago

Well if any older PIN needs a refresh it certainly should be Kiss, they just got into the hall of fame so timing is right.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from sammiesguys:

KISS & AC/DC both 1973.......

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

KISS & AC/DC both 1973.......

We all get to go thru puberty again.

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

0-2 Mustang/Kiss

I fear they're going to over do the aging rock bands like they've already done with superheros. Though I'm not interested, it'll probably sell better than average, and I guess that's the bottom line. If AC/DC and MET are indicative, Stern should sell plenty. Congrats to Kiss fans, they get a second pin. Also, by reaching back 30+ years, maybe there's still hope for my dream pin, Scooby Dooby Doo!

#70 9 years ago

I could never get into Kiss, but Ace Frehley's first solo album is one of my favorite records. Give it a chance, even if you hate Kiss but still love classic rock:

#71 9 years ago

Lets get Walking Dead and Game of Thrones through the production line first.....

#72 9 years ago

I definitely won't be buying the new Kiss pin but I agree with PinB that of the four solo albums from the original band members, Ace Frehley's was by far the best and also received the best reviews by most of the music critics. He was the best musician of all of them and Gene Simmons was the least-talented.

But let's be honest here. Without the makeup and gimmicks, Kiss is a mediocre band at best.

They were a marketing sensation and sold millions of albums but without the novelty factor they would have just been another forgotten local band that never made it.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Gene Simmons was the least-talented.

BS!!...........Gene is an amazing song writer and although his ego can get in the way of this, there is no denying his music kicks ass.

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

BS!!...........Gene is an amazing song writer and although his ego can get in the way of this, there is no denying his music kicks ass.

Tell Him Dark

#76 9 years ago

Kiss my ass with these old non themes.

Whats next? Willy nelson?

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

He's a better rock bassist than he is a songwriter. His lines were always perfect. I don't like anything they did after 1974, but the first few records and Alive! and Alive! II remain some of my favorites.

#78 9 years ago

Cool...My long tongue is hanging out of my mouth. It would be touching the floor if I weren't wearing these platform shoes.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sirtiltsalot:

Cool...My long tongue is hanging out of my mouth. It would be touching the floor if I weren't wearing these platform shoes.

Lmfao

#80 9 years ago

Every single theme is going to create love and hate reactions. It's hard for me to ever imagine wanting a KISS pin, the theme is really unappealing to me, I'd be somewhat embarrassed to open my garage and see it. Corny glam rock is a turn off personally. I could handle AC/DC, and Metallic leaned on their older catalog and was okay too, but this is just a personal step too far into the ridiculous. When was the last time KISS was relevant and not an enormous sellout joke?

But you'll never please everyone, so that's fine.

I hope if they really do it that it sells well and Stern is successful, I wouldn't wish ill on them in any way. But part of me kind of wishes this old washed up rock band thing would go away as a pinball theme, so I don't want it to be a roaring success either. Which is petty of me, but still true.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

When was the last time KISS was relevant and not an enormous sellout joke?

What an a$$!

Quoted from Aurich:

But part of me kind of wishes this old washed up rock band thing would go away as a pinball theme, so I don't want it to be a roaring success either. Which is petty of me, but still true.

What an even bigger a$$!

Over 100 million records sold.............You want to know who is not relevant Aurich??? "You my friend!"

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

But part of me kind of wishes this old washed up rock band thing would go away as a pinball theme, so I don't want it to be a roaring success either. Which is petty of me, but still true.

What if it turned out to have an awesome layout and killer rules? What if it was so popular, there were half a dozen of them on location within 15 minutes of your house? Would you be alright with that?

The perfect cure for a bad theme is to play it on location. If the game has a bad theme AND weak gameplay, well there's not much you can do about that.

#83 9 years ago

lol, don't take it personally, but to me, this is definition of sell out:

#84 9 years ago

Your On Fire Dark !!!

#85 9 years ago

I hate metal. I'm not even crazy about hard rock, so ACDC was a nonstarter for me. I caved when I heard unanimous love for the gameplay. Now, I like the music. Metallica, not so much. Got rid of it quickly. Kiss--NEVER.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

lol, don't take it personally, but to me, this is definition of sell out:
    » YouTube video

Geezz Man,Thanks never saw that....So dawm funny !

#87 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

What if it turned out to have an awesome layout and killer rules? What if it was so popular, there were half a dozen of them on location within 15 minutes of your house? Would you be alright with that?
    The perfect cure for a bad theme is to play it on location. If the game has a bad theme AND weak gameplay, well there's not much you can do about that.

Hey, if it's awesome it's awesome. I find the theme really unappealing, but if it's that great and I ended up loving it I'd be happy to swallow my pride and say "I shat all over this, and it's so good that I'm publicly admitting I was wrong". I really don't care for the music, so that would be a buzzkill no matter what though.

Thing is, I think about this on location and it just feels like a joke to me. Maybe the KISS Army is still strong and rolling and will snap it up as collectors, but as a theme for the general public it just feels incredibly irrelevant. Gene is the guy in makeup slanging Dr. Pepper (see above). You might as well just route the original pin, will probably attract as many nostalgia coin drops as a new one, and it would be a lot cheaper.

Maybe I'm wrong and people love the hell out of KISS still and I'm just not in the know.

Edit: I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, a little too soft in the metal department for my tastes, but they didn't do a soda commercial, they made their own beer. That's how you do it, I can respect that.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

I hate metal. I'm not even crazy about hard rock, so ACDC was a nonstarter for me. I caved when I heard unanimous love for the gameplay. Now, I like the music. Metallica, not so much. Got rid of it quickly. Kiss--NEVER.

I agree completely. Love my ac/dc but , let's move forward here

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinlawyer:

Metallica, not so much. Got rid of it quickly.

I hope you kept it long enough to try the latest software.

Quoted from Aurich:

Thing is, I think about this on location and it just feels like a joke to me. Maybe the KISS Army is still strong and rolling and will snap it up as collectors, but as a theme for the general public it just feels incredibly irrelevant.

From a few posts up:

Quoted from pinlawyer:

so ACDC was a nonstarter for me. I caved when I heard unanimous love for the gameplay.

Forget the theme. Hope for good gameplay. Then play it on location or at friend's house. Everyone wins.

At this point, we only have hearsay anyway. Relax.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe the KISS Army is still strong and rolling and will snap it up as collectors, but as a theme for the general public it just feels incredibly irrelevant.

We are everywhere and no other fan group spends money like us.............And we will forgive you Aurich for your "short sighted" comments if you willingly make us a limited edition alternate Ace Frehley translite......Ha!!! I agree that commercial is pure sell out, that being said, thanks for posting it as it made me laugh. Kiss has never been a deep band. Most of their songs are pretty positive, which is one of the reasons I like them......More about adrenalin and having a good time. If I want dark, lonely and miserable music, I put on my Type O Negative.

#91 9 years ago

I'm on DarkKnight side on KiSS

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Were they ever?
    A circus act ,nothing more, entertaining but not much musical talent there .

Your hate for *Beth* has blurred your vision/perpective of their early catalog of work.
    Scott

#93 9 years ago

I'm excited. While not a huge KISS fan, it's hard to deny that if you were going to rock concert strictly for the 'show' part of it, KISS would probably near the top of the list. Music, meh, not so much but they've got enough stuff to make a pinball machine entertaining. The reason it works is because when you think about KISS the band you associate partying, girls, fun, glitz, etc with it, which makes it a great theme. I saw Walking Dead and Game of Thrones mentioned above, while I love GoT (seen every episode so far, totally hooked) I'm not sure how good of a pinball machine it will make, it's just not 'fun'...LOTR had light hearted elements to it that made it ok, GoT doesn't really have any...and LOTR is the 'killer' theme for me personally, same genre.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, if it's awesome it's awesome. I find the theme really unappealing, but if it's that great and I ended up loving it I'd be happy to swallow my pride and say "I shat all over this, and it's so good that I'm publicly admitting I was wrong". I really don't care for the music, so that would be a buzzkill no matter what though.
    Thing is, I think about this on location and it just feels like a joke to me. Maybe the KISS Army is still strong and rolling and will snap it up as collectors, but as a theme for the general public it just feels incredibly irrelevant. Gene is the guy in makeup slanging Dr. Pepper (see above). You might as well just route the original pin, will probably attract as many nostalgia coin drops as a new one, and it would be a lot cheaper.
    Maybe I'm wrong and people love the hell out of KISS still and I'm just not in the know.
    Edit: I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, a little too soft in the metal department for my tastes, but they didn't do a soda commercial, they made their own beer. That's how you do it, I can respect that.

Was at club 82 in LA last night and all the pins get played. Non-pin fanatics don't really care about all the stuff we debate. I would imagine most folks playing casual pinball on location would be fine with a KISS pin. What the collectors think is a bigger deal in terms of sales/appeal.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

What if it turned out to have an awesome layout and killer rules?

Yep...I don't care for MEtallica music but love the game.

#96 9 years ago

When I was 10 kiss sounded heavy. By comparison today they sound like a pop rock band. It would have to be a KILLER pin to make me buy it. Elvis is an example. Hate the art. Not a huge fan of Elvis but I do respect what he did. Avoided the pin like the plague. Played it at disney for a solid week last year and I love the pin. Great layout. One of Steve's better pins IMO.

#97 9 years ago

KISS already been done back when, so I dont get it. why not "Beetlejuice" or "PeeWee's Playhouse" as themes if theyre going to reach back a few decades? "Ren and Stimpy" could be fun stuff too. they sure went goofy about huge sellout metallica but I doubt theyed ever consider a megadeth or slayer machine, probably never heard of em.

pinsider Linoleum's pin2K "Haunted Cruise" game is showing a whole lot more thought creativity and originality than "gee lets do another KISS machine".. go for what ya know guys, whats it worth when its only cliches? surprising they didnt pull Van Hagar out of their "hat", "David Lee who?".. if they want metal rock and makeup King Diamond might be a good pinball machine, but nevermind, not cliche enough. SouthPark ok, but not Beavis and Butthead..
    enuf rant for now.

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

He was the best musician of all of them and Gene Simmons was the least-talented.

You are welcomed to your opinion, but I greatly disagree with your statement. He isn't as consistent as Paul was, but when he made contact, he hit it out of the park. Yeah his ego is miles high, but he has written some of their best material. Have you ever listened to The Elder, Revenge, Psycho Circus, or Creatures of the Night? Some of Gene's best work is on those albums.

Have you heard Ace's solo albums since his 78 record? I'll save you the trouble, besides his 85 album, don't bother.

#99 9 years ago

I hope you kept it long enough to try the latest software.

Sadly, no. I did not. I will have an open slot soon that will be occupied either by a MOP or a FH. Really hoping for a FH, but I have to admit the B/W 90s thing is growing old for me.

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Kiss my ass with these old non themes.
    Whats next? Willy nelson?

image-628.jpgimage-628.jpg
    Pinball Backglass...

There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-this/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.