5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 267 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what is next music pin you want to see made”

• Muse 3 votes
      4%
    • Beattles 18 votes
      22%
    • Aerosmith 6 votes
      7%
    • I dont give a flying poop, I'm sick of music based pins lets see an original theme! 55 votes
      67%

(82 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

kisstory.jpg
    Kiss  Madison 2-5-1976 005.jpg
    nelson twins.jpg
    KISS.jpg
    shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg
    MUSE_FOND.jpg
    image-561.jpg
    image-895.jpg
    Stern Nugent.jpg
    2014-06-09-12-42-55.png
    image-917.jpg
    image-140.jpg
    image-648.jpg
    image-764.jpg
    image-803.jpg
    image-999.jpg

There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 years ago

Well its official, Stern's lawyers have sealed the deal for the rights to produce the next KISS pinball machine. Not sure of any time frame.

#2 5 years ago

Wow, that is epic?

#3 5 years ago

thanks for the news. not sure i care much for kiss but it could be interesting.

#4 5 years ago

I couldnt get into them either was more a YES, Genesis and Zep fan

#5 5 years ago

If true, one of the lamer licenses since Rolling Stones.

#6 5 years ago

True pimp. lawyers contacted and confirmed. They dont lie do they they are lawyers!

#7 5 years ago

Makes me happy I just bought Star Trek , not missing a thing , just gene Simmons greed .

#9 5 years ago

I have nothing against kiss, I was a huge fan growing up , but I just don't see the relevance of them now a days , I'm sure some people will .

#10 5 years ago

I wonder how this will go over with John P after showing his prototype back in Texas? I was hoping he could get the license as his proto was stunning. Guess his version will be a 1/1 unless he's worked out a deal like PP with the MMR build out to have Stern build his games as well. Actually think it would be a great joint venture!

#12 5 years ago

Yawn

#13 5 years ago

"Let's just kiss and say goodbye"...

#14 5 years ago

Good, means more time to save up for Iron Maiden.

#15 5 years ago

If this is correct and the machine is designed by Steve Ritchie or Mr Borg, I can see it being a huge seller for Stern. Never under-estimate the Kiss Army.

Irrespective of actual theme, if the machine is good it will sell. I am not a ACDC fan but I have the machine cause it is a great player. The same will happen with Kiss on top of all the Kiss crazy fanatics out there that will simply have to have one because it is Kiss.

#16 5 years ago

I don't doubt this at all. I am not a fan of their music but I know there are a LOT of them out there.

#17 5 years ago

Wonder if Jpop is going to sell his designs to Stern for a bit of cash flow and speed up the Stern release. I read somewhere that Kiss wanted to see a physical sample not just drawings so maybe this joint effort makes sense.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I don't doubt this at all. I am not a fan of their music but I know there are a LOT of them out there.

with marketing like they did with Metallica on their own website and at concerts etc, the market place potentially is huge and introducing more people to pinball - which isn't a bad thing.

#20 5 years ago

No wonder no young new blood are playing pinball, us old farts are getting too spoilt with old fart themes and only putting them into our games room, not in the public arena where it needs to be if pinball is to continue.
    For fxxk sake make an original, fun eye popping, fun game already.

#21 5 years ago

I couldn't care less , but I have a friend who will be so happy he may explode!! Wonder if Gene saw the light or Stern caved and paid him the big license money.

#22 5 years ago

Damn I was hoping for a remake of the Harlem Globetrotters .......

#23 5 years ago

JPOPs making a prototype probably motivated the hell out of Stern to capture it.

#24 5 years ago

This is great, but I pray to god they hire JPOP's to do the art!

#25 5 years ago

makes sense, they were finally just inducted into the hall of fame. I was just talking to my buddy about this last night and we were kicking around it possibly being a kiss pin. This has some good potential.. i hope its dark

#26 5 years ago

Wow I really hope this happens bring it on exciting times ahead.

#27 5 years ago

Hope it's a SR. What do you guys think the "love gun" cannon will look like?!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Three great bands right there, Genesis is my #1 - even went to Switzerland to see them in 07 for their last tour and have hundreds of their concerns on tape.

But.....I love KISS as well - for cock rock - nobody does it better.

I have to buy one - don't have a choice. If true, hope they load on some songs past 1978.

#29 5 years ago

I think when Gary visited Pinside HQ Robin said something about being told the next 5 licenses.... so if this is a new deal this could be a long ways off yet.

#30 5 years ago

I hope it isn't another copy paste job like the rolling stones. And I wounder if gene Simmons will have to have the biggest image on the translite like David hasselhoff.

#31 5 years ago

Stern is going to make what they think will sell. This version of Kiss will do well in my opinion. Are Kiss as relevant as they were in the past ? No. I won't buy it because I don't care for NIB pins as I've done that and wasn't my thing.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

just gene Simmons greed .

That strikes me as out of line. I'm not a KISS fan myself, but it's a brand that Simmons and Stanley have spent the last 40 years building. If selling the rights to make a pin based on their brand makes them greedy scum, doesn't that also apply to ever other licensor?

#33 5 years ago

If a new KISS pin is ready for 2014 it will the 35th anniversary of the first KISS machine.

1132202085kiss pin.jpg

#34 5 years ago

Dweebs in makeup. No.

#35 5 years ago

Steve Ritchie has expressed wanting NO part of a new KISS machine over the past few years....so I think he will not be on board for this one.

#36 5 years ago

Toys for the playfield will be fun. No other band in the world has as much merchandise as KISS.

#37 5 years ago

0-2 Mustang/Kiss

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

That strikes me as out of line. I'm not a KISS fan myself, but it's a brand that Simmons and Stanley have spent the last 40 years building. If selling the rights to make a pin based on their brand makes them greedy scum, doesn't that also apply to ever other licensor?

The guys a brilliant marketer no doubt , but watching the show made me realize how much he will sell his soul for a buck .

#39 5 years ago

I was a big fan of KISS growing up. Still have all albums on vinyl and a few cassettes. However, I just think we are going backwards here and missing the boat on so many potential "new" themes that haven't been done before. Also, not sure that this captures any younger or newer audiences that many other themes suggested in other threads could have.

#40 5 years ago

The odds of me buying a Kiss pinball are about the same as an Oprah pinball, so this would save me money. Even if this is true, it doesn't mean it will actually get built.

#41 5 years ago

Do we have confirmation of this anywhere? Is it possible that JPop's design will be used? I heard he was trying to get Stern to make it in the past?

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm a huge Yes, Genesis, ELP prog fan as well. But I also love KISS. I'll put their first record (self-titled) up against any. The only thing I fear is that the artwork will be plastered with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer as opposed to Ace and Peter. Those imposters may be wearing the make-up, but it's easy to tell who's under it.

I will buy this.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The odds of me buying a Kiss pinball are about the same as an Oprah pinball, so this would save me money. Even if this is true, it doesn't mean it will actually get built.

Yeah you seem more like an Ellen type than Oprah.

#44 5 years ago

All this talk of "I won't buy" on title alone it nuts, whether you think so or not. I really didn't think AC/DC would do much for me, but it's a kick ass game. Layout, flow, cool toys, and code are king.

Bottom line is this- If they put SRP or Borg on this game and they don't skimp out on custom toys, then have Lyman be the main programmer, this game has a lot of potential (and I actually believe that the designer/programmer combo gives any pinball the best potential regardless of theme).

Just my humble opinion, of course.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

But I also love KISS. I'll put their first record (self-titled) up against any.

I would probably by the pin, Love a few of their hits as fun nostalgic pop rock, but to say this??

#46 5 years ago

That had to be the easiest rights deal in history.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Steve Ritchie has expressed wanting NO part of a new KISS machine over the past few years....so I think he will not be on board for this one.

He wanted no part of Elvis, yet he did a great job.

#49 5 years ago

I like KISS, but not a real huge fan of their music. I do think that KISS would be a great themed pinball based on the advancements Stern has made recently and that the band always prided themselves with putting on the best show possible. If you have ever been to a KISS concert, the lights, pyros, costumes/makeup, blood, etc... are all something to see. If either Steve or John did this game, it would be awesome IMHO. I'm guessing the LE would be epic if they do the light show and toys correctly!

Now, if the LE's were only reasonably priced...

Rob
    robsgameroom.com

#50 5 years ago

I'll buy it only if it features Peter and Ace.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 49.00
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 92.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    There are 267 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside