Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Has anyone replaced their KISS (premium or otherwise) playfield rubber with a different color or colors? I'm considering using red but would like to see pictures of what Pinsiders have used and what it looks like to change out the standard black. Also, what material are people using to avoid as much debris (such as the black rubber seems to produce) as possible.

#2 8 years ago

I have Titan clear silicone on with red flipper bands. Also have a protector on the demon disc spinner. Playfield still looks new. If you're concerned about debris get those black rubbers off asap!!

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I have Titan clear silicone on with red flipper bands. Also have a protector on the demon disc spinner. Playfield still looks new. If you're concerned about debris get those black rubbers off asap!!

Do you by chance have a picture of your playfield? I'd love to see what the clear looks like.
Also, where did you get the protector for the spinner? Is there any thread detailing install on the protector as I haven't seen one.

3 weeks later
#4 7 years ago

Has anyone replaced any of the rubber posts in KISS? If so, are these the 1 1/16" inch version as sold on Pinballlife.com?
(http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=68)
I'm considering swapping out the standard black for red but would like to hear/see some ideas as to what people have done.

#5 7 years ago

I went orange from Titan with orange chrome flipper bats. Really blends in with the colors very well. Also a protective label on the disk.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I went orange from Titan with orange chrome flipper bats. Really blends in with the colors very well. Also a protective label on the disk.

Could you send a picture? Also, where did you get your disk protector? How do you install it?

#7 7 years ago

Sure, give me a couple days. I'll post them in this thread. Disc protector was at machine launch, from member here. He originally made them with Rock and Roll over circle, before getting a stop order from Stern. I think he may still do plain ones. You have to dismount the spinner from underneath and then stick it on, pretty easy. I'll see if I can find his name here.

#8 7 years ago

Got my decal from member "Gawcol", if he still does them, he was only doing black ones. Although a piece of mylar triommed to fit may do it too. Or a POTC spinner decal modified to fit as well.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Sure, give me a couple days. I'll post them in this thread. Disc protector was at machine launch, from member here. He originally made them with Rock and Roll over circle, before getting a stop order from Stern. I think he may still do plain ones. You have to dismount the spinner from underneath and then stick it on, pretty easy. I'll see if I can find his name here.

Great idea with Rock and Roll Over but you can't see the spinner that I've noticed on the Premium.
Thanks for the info on Gawcol

#10 7 years ago

Here are the rubbers. I think he just put the faces on the disc decal as a special touch.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#11 7 years ago

Yes I still have some (plain black) spinning disc relief decals.
The decals are actually transparant with a black print on the bottom, so the color can't go off like the rubber does.
The decals have a relief, so they grab the ball well for throwing it in different directions.
They're easy to apply. Just remove the spinning disc and put the decal on top of the rubber.
Price for last ones is 5 euro for 2 pieces including shipping. If anyone still wants, just drop me a PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-stern-rubber-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.