• Latest reply 8 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KISS-week2.png
kiss.png
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

so today I went on route and played about 15 games of kiss,now what i say might not be the same in newer code but some may not.

this guide is what people most likely do not know.

lets start off with the songs,
first of all the city you select has nothing to do with the mode
most of the songs are all shots lit at once( like cruse'n on mustang)with is Detroit rock city OR one shot is lit and the player need to shoot all the shots

the oddball here is hotter than hell, you start with no shots lit and every shot to the KISS targets lights a shot(like daily bugle in spider-man)

now on to the center lights.

the instruments are lit by shooting the left ramp when the orange light is lit and after that to collect shoot the shot that matches the band member drums=loops bass=gene head guitars=center ramp and star child shot
once you have collected all of these, you will achieve an extra ball lit and to collect, shoot the scoop.
The members lights are not yet complete in the code but will hopefully be finished

the pop caps reflect how much each pop is worth white=5k green=10k purple=15k per pop

the KISS and ARMY targets lights the spinner for higher points and the backstage pass

the inline combos when you trigger the switch you need the hit the set of targets on the other side of the playfeild for a Small point award

finally, demon mutiball. to light the lock you need to hit the stand-ups in front of the head,then shoot the head to lock a ball 3 balls locked starts mutiball all shots are lit for a jackpot,5 jackpots lights the super. but oce you get a jackpot, you can relight it by shooting the demon head or star child targets to lit one jackpot shot.

now if i have missed anything, PLEASE POST IT!

#2 8 years ago

Did you happen to get Starchild multiball?

#3 8 years ago

Sweet. Can't wait to get one and play it all night long w AC/DC.

Btw. Love Lodi Wisconsin. Good rock climbing many moons ago.....

#4 8 years ago

Starchild or love gun mutiball isn't programmed yet , you get a point bonus

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Eemanjaymes:

the instruments are lit by shooting the left ramp when the orange light is lit and after that to collect shoot the shot that matches the band member drums=loops bass=gene head guitars=center ramp and star child shot
once you have collected all of these, you will achieve an extra ball lit and to collect, shoot the scoop.
The members lights are not yet complete in the code but will hopefully be finished

I did notice that once you collect the "extra ball" from gathering the initial instruments (I thought it was 6?) that in order to light a second extra ball you need to collect an insane number ( i think it was 48?) to light it again. -After getting the first EB I stop going after these.

Did you figure out how to build up the 2X, 3X, and Collossal bonus? I really need to get back there and figure out the rules. I also need to figure out exactly what each song does. Some of them seemed quite a bit more lucrative than others when you hit the lit shots.

#6 8 years ago

Did you experience the ball going SDTM from Gene's mouth after a lock? I was playing yesterday too and it was almost an automatic drain after every lock.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Did you experience the ball going SDTM from Gene's mouth after a lock? I was playing yesterday too and it was almost an automatic drain after every lock.

I didn't. It was almost always a safe return to the left flipper. there were a couple times that the Gene spinning disc put some major english on the ball and sent it SDTM though! It could be a pitch/leveling issue on the game you played?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It could be a pitch/leveling issue on the game you played?

That's possible. It was really annoying. I really enjoyed the game other than that. It's infinitely better than WWE....

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Eemanjaymes:

Starchild or love gun mutiball isn't programmed yet , you get a point bonus

I might be crazy, but I'm 90% sure I started Love Gun multiball on v0.92.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I might be crazy, but I'm 90% sure I started Love Gun multiball on v0.92.

Do you remember if you started it via the right ramp or via the saucer in the Starchild area? (Instruction card states you should be able to start it with either). When I played it I was able to qualify It "Love Gun Multiball ready" but the right ramp never lit up and it wouldn't allow me to start it. I then kept trying to get it into the Starchild saucer but didn't make it in before I drained. Hilton claimed he was able to start it via the saucer vs. the ramp? I played a few more games after this but just kind of figured it wasn't in there yet so I never attempted to qualify it again.

I'll give it another shot if someone can verify that it actually exists!

#11 8 years ago

We went after the LG multi-ball yesterday and just couldn't get it. The insert even lit up and stayed on for the next player - (assumed it's a bug in the code).

Overall the shots feel nice, the ramp flow is a positive (espeically the center), the Starchild shot is a tough one and I"m guessing that is going to come more into play with updated code. The clear on the pf looked amazing. Game has potential for being a great pin, not the best of the best, but a decent one. Was nice to see each song set up a different mode - like ACDC.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Do you remember if you started it via the right ramp or via the saucer in the Starchild area? (Instruction card states you should be able to start it with either). When I played it I was able to qualify It "Love Gun Multiball ready" but the right ramp never lit up and it wouldn't allow me to start it.

Right ramp never lit for Love Gun multiball, but it started in the saucer. I don't remember much after that; too busy draining. Seems like it was kind of generic, just a bunch of jackpot arrows lit. Hopefully there are plenty of changes in store for v1.0 and beyond.

#13 8 years ago

mike i think you build up all of those through combos but im not 100% sure

#14 8 years ago

I get to give this thing a go at the Pinball Showdown this weekend. Play a new pinball game = AUTOMATIC GOOD DAY!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Right ramp never lit for Love Gun multiball, but it started in the saucer. I don't remember much after that; too busy draining. Seems like it was kind of generic, just a bunch of jackpot arrows lit. Hopefully there are plenty of changes in store for v1.0 and beyond.

I stopped by and played a few more games and was able to start Love Gun multiball! I had to start it in the saucer and it had a quick intro with Paul Stanley and of course played love gun. Pretty standard mb where you hit 5 jackpots to light a super. I was just glad to finally see it.

When you shoot the ball in the starchild area it seems to stay up there better if you press the flipper buttons. I don't think the slings are player controlled but for some reason it seemed to help out.

#16 8 years ago

Thanks mike!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When you shoot the ball in the starchild area it seems to stay up there better if you press the flipper buttons. I don't think the slings are player controlled but for some reason it seemed to help out.

Likely a power to sling difference with flipper(s) held in. Thanks for the hint.

#18 8 years ago

I got to play two games on it at lunch today. Game 1 was 33 million and game 2 was 73 million. My initial thoughts, the modes are a lot like Mustang, where the initial shots aren't worth much, but the final ones can be worth 2 million+. Modes are more varied than Star Trek was out of the gate. Complete shots to like the scoop to change songs. If change song is lit, you can change it at the beginning of next ball. I can see strategy in which song you choose since it lights certain shots, but choosing city seems arbitrary right now and you can never change it after. Bonus is large (3 million + when you have a score of 2 million for instance), but the multipliers are not implemented yet, so it is always 1x. Love Gun MB was a lot of points with supers, but it takes a lot of shots to qualify. You have to hit all the standups to light Love Gun qualifying, then do it again and land it in the scoop to start. Demon MB is pretty straight forward, think Brutus on Popeye. Hit the side standups and shoot lock, but you need a solid shot, a weak one will come back out with lock lit. 6 instruments lights extra ball. Ball doesn't come out fast from the demon head, but it is random and has a lot of spin. Not many SDTM from it, but a lot going to the right outlane that you had to save on this game. I lit the Kiss Army mini wizard mode at the scoop, but had a double drain out of Love Gun MB so I never got to see if it was implemented.

1 week later
#19 8 years ago

How do you get 2x, 3x, and colossal bonus?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

How do you get 2x, 3x, and colossal bonus?

At the present time you can't get it. Future code update will perhaps add its functionality.

#21 8 years ago

I got 2x bonus a few times as a backstage pass random award.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I got 2x bonus a few times as a backstage pass random award.

Using the test code that's floating around?

#23 8 years ago

No, just the normal v0.92 that shipped a few weeks ago.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

No, just the normal v0.92 that shipped a few weeks ago.

Out of all the games I watched people play the past few days never saw the insert lit once. Good to know it is a possibility afterall.

#25 8 years ago

Do any of the people fortunate enough to have gotten 1.0 early happen to know when we may expect the code drop?

I am really excited to get out and play once it becomes available.

#26 8 years ago

What is the scoring like in the wizard mode?

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

What is the scoring like in the wizard mode?

huge relative to rest of code but good luck getting there in 0.92

#28 8 years ago

How do you light ace/ spaceman?

(Not the instrument the character)

The spaceman Icon is center ramp but it never lights.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Out of all the games I watched people play the past few days never saw the insert lit once. Good to know it is a possibility afterall.

Where are you playing?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do you light ace/ spaceman?
(Not the instrument the character)
The spaceman Icon is center ramp but it never lights.

I think you need to power up and then collect enough instuments? Be sure to get all the other band members first since then you are making more progress towards spaceman.

Atleast i think that is how it works???

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Where are you playing?

When you want to go play KISS let me know and I'll give you the tour. They are all over Michigan at this time. How you could miss that I don't know. One's I know of on location and ready to play:

Richfield Bowl, Flint
Marvins, Farmington Hills
M-Brew, Ferndale
Pyramid Scheme, Grand Rapids

Coming soon to:
Arcade, Brighton
Avon North Hill Lanes, Rochester

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do any of the people fortunate enough to have gotten 1.0 early happen to know when we may expect the code drop?
I am really excited to get out and play once it becomes available.

I think this was the code version on the KISS at the SFGE circuit event. I noticed a ton of new animations. Also noticed an "Army-hurry up" at the center ramp. Also noticed that selecting different cities changed the color of the inserts, but really had no other effect. I also hit a back stage pass for "Big Points" which was 2M. Somebody mentioned a skill shot for rolling over the upper right switch and then rolling back down over it, but I did not see this personally.

I did witness an interesting mistake in the finals. A guy(Adam M.) was trying to short plunge after selecting the song he wanted. So he short plunged and raised his right flipper JUST before the ball passed through the spinner. This being the first switch the ball would encounter, the flipper press changed his song, much to his dismay!

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Somebody mentioned a skill shot for rolling over the upper right switch and then rolling back down over it, but I did not see this personally.

Watched the stream for a bit and noticed it awarded a mode shot if the arrow/switch was lit for one by the chosen song.

#34 8 years ago

1.0 should be released Friday.

#35 8 years ago

Why is Stern(Patrick to be specific) denying that there is newer code, when we all played it at SFGE in Atlanta? We are hosting a launch party tomorrow(6/26/15) and can't seem to get the code THAT IS ALREADY WRITTEN!

#36 8 years ago

Likely not officially released as of yet, still in testing would be my guess.

#37 8 years ago

Big difference between beta code that is being tested in public, presumably with someone from Stern nearby if there's a problem, and releasing it to everyone.

Presumably it's not going to stick a coil on or something, but it might have bugs that people would be unhappy about.

#38 8 years ago

Anxiously awaiting new code.

#39 8 years ago

Anyone know what the scoring differences are between modes? I'm trying to figure out which one to play and when.

#40 8 years ago

I think in 0.92 they are all very similar.

I seem to have my best luck with Lick it up and the one that starts with the KISS targets.

It will all change this week when 1.00 drops is my understanding.

#41 8 years ago

I am not going to open my Kiss for several months, want to wait for a more complete code.

#42 8 years ago

Has anyone written up the rules yet? I enjoyed 10 games of KISS the other day, and I'd like to know what some goals can be for the game, and try playing it a few different ways. Aiming for Demon multi-ball, I was able to reach ~25mil, but I had no idea what I was trying to accomplish other than aiming for a higher score.

I have *never* read and understood a pinball rule card in my life, and I don't expect this one to make any sense either.

I do understand when people write up comprehensive rule sheets on Pinside/PAPA.

-mof

#43 8 years ago

They probably won't do that until it's more final. Modes are worth a lot, and it appears you can stack the ARMY and KISS hurryups. I did notice a 2x scoring from the scoop too in the newer software. That could really jack up scores on the hurry ups and mode shots when made as combos.

#44 8 years ago

Anyone figure out some good scoring strategies through the modes? I heard Detroit Rock City was the most valuable, but I haven't found that to be true during my play.

#45 8 years ago

When launching the ball go for short plunge in order to keep it out of the pops. Use the ball save to concentrate on Gene head targets.

I have found the inlane to opposing targets is a solid way to work towards points and pretty safe shots.
I like lick it up and demon multiball.

I can consistently put up around 25mil using this strategy.

It is all really a moot point since new code should be out soon and will negate most of that and change strategy (assuming you can get the code updated?).

#46 8 years ago

Was it just the setup of the one I played or is the right standup to light Demon locks impossible to backhand by design?

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Was it just the setup of the one I played or is the right standup to light Demon locks impossible to backhand by design?

I find it to be possible but not very likely. Target should have been moved forward about .5 inches.

A few design flaws with this game unfortunately.

#48 8 years ago

Not everything should be backhandable. One reason I'm not a big fan of AC/DC's layout.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'm curious in what you consider the flaws to be, and why you see them as flaws? Is it because you can't make every shot with either flipper?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I find it to be possible but not very likely. Target should have been moved forward about .5 inches.

Wouldn't call that a flaw, just means the main multiball can't be started with safe shots, only with dangerous crossfield shots. Adds a layer of challenge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-rules092 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.