IMG_0157.JPG
New Back box inside.JPG
Done 4.JPG
KISS cab restorebackbox 024.jpg
KISS cab restore 036.jpg
Before 1.JPG
Done 3.JPG
images.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

Removing the side rails is pretty easy. After removing the flipper buttons, you will find one bolt at the front of the machine for each side rail. After it is removed you will need to pry off the side rails.... Something broad and thin is gently driven up under the side rail. I have a unique little crow bar that I use. Just start at one end and gently pry the side rail. The nails come out pretty easily and can be reused.

Done 3.JPGDone 3.JPG
#8 10 years ago

Yes, I used the same nails....after I buffed them... I polish everything. If you notice any that are really loose you could fill them with wood filler before putting the rails back on, but I've never had to do that. The holes will get a little paint in them anyway. Just be careful when nailing them back into place...you don't want to miss the nail and dent the rail. This machine has a new playfield, new NOS back glass and a complete new cabinet... Here's what it looked like before the restore....

Before 1.JPGBefore 1.JPG
#11 10 years ago

Here are some more photos of mine. All new aluminum sheeting in the back box as well. My cabinet has some modifications from the original. Original has a 1/4" gap in the bottom of the lower cabinet then a 1/4" sheet...very weak. I put a 1/2" sheet in the bottom that is flush with the cabinet side lower edges... Much stronger and will prevent the splintering of the lower edges. Also put in a cord storage hole. All buss wiring on the bottom of the playfield updated to 1/8" braid

Done 4.JPGDone 4.JPG New Back box inside.JPGNew Back box inside.JPG IMG_0157.JPGIMG_0157.JPG Lower playfield.JPGLower playfield.JPG
#13 10 years ago

Mine was pre-drilled for the most part and dimpled on the bottom to spot other locations. Generally the holes drilled all the way through are good. I do a lot of additional drilling so that stuff just screwed into the playfield isn't too tight resulting in wood distortion, especially on the top of the playfield. I like everything to screw in perfectly. You should note that sometimes the holes or the dimples are not in the right, or best spot. It's best to compare locations constantly with the original. As far as chipping the playfield they do make drill bits that cut the outer edge of any hole drilled, but I've never really worried about it because any minor chipping is covered by what you are attaching. Just use good sharp bits. If you are unsure of the right size bit to use, try it in a scrap piece of wood first.

#21 10 years ago

To get the inside of a coin door looking nice is a lot of work. I completely disassembled mine and used a wire brush (on grinder) and then a buffer wherever I can. Need to do the same to the lock down bar mechanism. Your coin door doesn't look to bad...I've seen much much worse. As far as screws go, I used to tumble them but found holding them in a pair of pliers and hitting the buffer really makes them shine. A really good use I've found for my vibration tumbler is to clean up old light sockets. Works great for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freeplay40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-repaint?tu=freeplay40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.