Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bigbad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I checked the original battery and it was fine. I put in a new battery just to see but it still won't save any settings after I turn it off.

#2 5 years ago

Did you exit the menu before turning off the game?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did you exit the menu before turning off the game?

Yes, I exited the menu and played a game. Then off and back on and back to factory settings.

#4 5 years ago

Kiss seemed to have a bad track history of having bad SD cards. Maybe contact Stern to see what they say.

#5 5 years ago

Stern confirmed that it is the SD card. I called Game Exchange and ordered a new one. It was $65 bucks.

#6 5 years ago

Stern will usually send you a new card with code on it for free. But if for some reason they don't, cancel that $65 order...

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Class-SDHC-Flash-Memory/dp/B00FM5E1EY/ref=sr_1_2

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

Stern will usually send you a new card with code on it for free. But if for some reason they don't, cancel that $65 order...
amazon.com link »

When I asked Stern they said to get it from a distributor. If I got a new SD card how do I load the code on it?

#8 5 years ago

I believe you can just extract the latest code directly to the new SD card and then install it back into your machine. Or you can copy the old SD card directly to the new card.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from 1iblind:

When I asked Stern they said to get it from a distributor. If I got a new SD card how do I load the code on it?

I saw this exact problem before and it was the SD card. I would go buy a new SD card (good quality one like Sandisk). Try copying your old SD card to your new SD card.

Quoted from buffaloatx:

I believe you can just extract the latest code directly to the new SD card and then install it back into your machine.

I don't believe this is true. You might need to get an image from a friend. Finally, there was a thread here about how to restore an SD card. I will see if I can find and post the link here.

#10 5 years ago

Stern did'nt send me a free SD card after 3 years on route. Getting an SD card with code was a pain over the summer. JJ to the rescue, had a kiss pro on the sales floor, cloned me a copy. Cloning SD cards is not that difficult, theres even a youtube video. Lesson learned, cloned all my spike pins and made a back up card.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

I don't believe this is true. You might need to get an image from a friend. Finally, there was a thread here about how to restore an SD card

I couldn't find that post here, but, you are probably correct about dumping a code up date on to the new card.

Here's something from Tilt that might help.

We just managed to recover a “toasted” SD card tonight. Originally DP had bricked itself during update, so we pulled the card from SW and updated to DP. After copying our working DP image onto a fresh SD we had two functional DP cards, but weren’t able to get a booting SW as the update to SW would throw an error about being unable to unpack the update. I popped one of the cards into a pc and went poking around. On partition 3 found the unpacked DP update image. On a hunch (and after backing up the card) I deleted the DP directory and only then managed to successfully update the card back to SW. I really wish we’d been able to back up the SW image before the initial SW->DP hackery

#12 5 years ago

I have this same problem. Didn't suspect it might be the SD card. Thanks!

#13 5 years ago

I've never tried this but here's the link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-sd-card-recovery-image-beta

Quoted from Sborel:

Lesson learned, cloned all my spike pins and made a back up card.

PSA of the year here. If you have a Stern spike system clone your SD ASAP.

#14 5 years ago

I had the same issue on my game of thrones pro. It was 100% the sd card I ordered a new one and problem solved

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pro-won-t-save-settings?hl=bigbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.