You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KISS LE (resized).jpg
Kiss Orange Super Bands (resized).jpg
KISS 9 (resized).jpg
20171210_165207 (resized).jpg
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Had a chance to put some time in a kiss LE this week...so here's my devastating morsel of truth served in a freshly cooked omelette of honesty:

Waste of money.

The drop targets are nice but it's only
A 4-bank and doesn't add much.

The magnet trick for love gun is lame and underwhelming. It's not a "wow" moment like mist on drac, it's more of a weak chuckle.

The spinning disc under gene you can't see and all it does is add randomness to a game "feature" that is ALREADY too random on most kiss games. I'm sure we'd all prefer the ball just goes to the same place every time when gene launches it.

Art I didn't really notice the difference or care.

Save your money. This isn't acdc where it makes a real difference. If you want a Kiss you'll be more than happy with a pro plus adding whatever mods everybody comes up with. They are just fishing for suckers / collectors with this one.

#2 8 years ago

Isn't the spinning disk under the head on all models?
Also, the head on the Prem/LE has a real ball lock.

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The magnet trick for love gun is lame and underwhelming. It's not a "wow" moment like mist on drac, it's more of a weak chuckle.

Agreed. Before the last update, I played a couple games to try and start LGMB. When I finally got it, it was laughable how lame it was.

#4 8 years ago

I picked up an ACDC Pro because I liked it more than the Premium. Some will like Kiss Premium/LE more because those extras are worth it to them.

The extras weren't worth it for you, and that's cool. Others may feel differently.

#5 8 years ago

Can anyone comment on the differences in how the lock/Genes mouth performs between the LE/Prem and the pro? I am sorta on the fence. I like having the drop targets but the LGMB doesn't do much for me. The twitching Paul is almost a deal breaker for me. It looks awful and requires keeping the really ugly looking amp. I would prefer the static Pro Paul with the MezelMod amp.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Can anyone comment on the differences in how the lock/Genes mouth performs between the LE/Prem and the pro?

The Pro spits it out each time it locks. The Prem/LE holds 3 then spits them all out for Multiball.

I agree with Levi - the extras on the Prem/LE are pretty weak on a game that's already weak in the features department. The Pro gets you the same good points - smooth shots and Kiss music. I'd go Pro on this one if I was considering a purchase.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Isn't the spinning disk under the head on all models?
Also, the head on the Prem/LE has a real ball lock.

Real ball lock? Doesn't matter. Only reason I noticed that is when I had to launch a fresh ball. Adds nothing - not like you can see the locked balls. And on a couple occasions gene had trouble coughing up/locking balls.

I have never noticed the spinning disc on the other kiss I play but perhaps that's because the LE doesn't suck the ball up into genes head and the regular does (leading to more spinning action, which I don't consider a plus)

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The extras weren't worth it for you, and that's cool. Others may feel differently.

I'm not buying either of these models or games, just offering up my review/comparison.

#9 8 years ago

Very happy to be a premium sucker/collector on this title .. Agreed that twitchy Paul is very pathetic that has to be said..

#10 8 years ago

Your morsel of BS misses some features of the Premium, that make it a better game. Huge GI lighting differences, More RGB inserts and the drop target in front of Starchild to name a few. The real ball lock is much more exciting when it releases MB (3 balls in about 2 seconds), instead of launching the ball from the shooter lane one at a time. Twitchy Paul is lame. Is it a completely different game? No. Is the premium a better and more complete game? Yes. Code Ver 1.04 made the gap much wider.

#11 8 years ago

totally agree. this is the weakest le upgrades stern has offered. the pro is where its at, not missing anything, save your money

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

totally agree. this is the weakest le upgrades stern has offered. the pro is where its at, not missing anything, save your money

The differences between their respective models seem fairly similar between MET Prem/Pro and Kiss Prem/Pro.
The only really important factor is that they all seem fun to play.

#13 8 years ago

I've played both and the main difference is just the extra bling on the Premium/LE. Personally I wouldn't pay that much extra just for the bling, but for some people that's worth it.

#14 8 years ago

I haven't played the LE/Premium model yet but my Pro is a lot of fun. The color changing inserts work really well. Tough, tight shots.

#15 8 years ago

I'd go Pro on this title same as I went Pro on Met. Went Premium on ACDC though. Easy call on that one.

#16 8 years ago

I cancelled my LE order and went the pro very happy with the pro zero regrets.

#17 8 years ago

Played the pro, bought the LE. If you aren't sure , get the premium!

#18 8 years ago

I think the magnet carrying ball across the backboard is sick! Love it and everyone that saw it was impressed pretty trippy to see the ball just walk across back there. The lighting/light show on the LE/Prem is very impressive. Virtual lock and kick out is awesome as well. I'm generally a huge fan of Pro models and go that route but after playing both extensively it was clear to me that I wanted a Premium. I wouldn't even just call it bling. The light show especially with updated code really immerses the player in the game and does make a big difference IMO.

Everyone has their own preferences but for me after playing an LE I knew that if I went pro I'd regret it so I kicked in the extra money and can't wait for it to arrive. Love the layout so can't really go wrong with any model.

#19 8 years ago

Getting the Pro tomorrow... Anyone know if you can purchase a red trim upgrade package (the one the LE)?

#20 8 years ago

Couldn't justify the LE price, but I am extremely happy with my PREM purchase, I would say PREM if you are on the fence, if you played the new code on an LE/PREM you might go that route as it was a major improvement

#21 8 years ago

The two improvements that would put me in the premium camp are the increased rgb inserts and the multi color gi. When that is coded the light show is going to be incredible.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Getting the Pro tomorrow... Anyone know if you can purchase a red trim upgrade package (the one the LE)?

Yes, You can. I just bought a red powder coated lockdown bar from Stern thru Game Exchange. I think it was $80, legs are about $50 ea. not sure on pricing for rails or hinges.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The two improvements that would put me in the premium camp are the increased rgb inserts and the multi color gi. When that is coded the light show is going to be incredible.

I went with the pro because the premium here costs $3k more. I have no regrets on that choice....

Rob

#24 8 years ago

I've spent time on both, both with early code. I really enjoy this game. Both models are nice. If you have the money and like the extras, upgrade. No big deal.

Countless products are sold this way. I totally get why Stern does this.

Automobiles, appliances, computers, televisions, stereos... The list goes on and on. People like choices.

#25 8 years ago

This is my first pin and I'm a pretty big KISS fan, so I went premium. In this non-pin-guy's opinion, I wanted the full game if it was going to be my only one. Plus, to me, the levitating ball and the demon 3-ball eject are pretty awesome, as well as the incredible RGB light show on the premium.

I also figured that since I saved up enough for a pro (which is a lot in the first place), I might as well save a bit more for the premium and get everything (play-wise).

Remember, this is coming from a guy who doesn't buy and sell pins... this is just a single pin for a small basement arcade. To be honest, I'm probably going to be the one playing it 95% of the time.

#26 8 years ago

Doesn't the real ball lock feature of the PreLE eliminate the SDTM from Genes head that u get each time u lock a ball on the Pro?

Also, the shot that starts Lgmb on the PreLE is to the ramp not up the Starchild area as on the Pro. (Am I right in that?)

Both of those change the game a fair bit.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Your morsel of BS misses some features of the Premium, that make it a better game. Huge GI lighting differences, More RGB inserts and the drop target in front of Starchild to name a few. The real ball lock is much more exciting when it releases MB (3 balls in about 2 seconds), instead of launching the ball from the shooter lane one at a time. Twitchy Paul is lame. Is it a completely different game? No. Is the premium a better and more complete game? Yes. Code Ver 1.04 made the gap much wider.

The fast, 3 ball MB release in 1.04 works great on the Premium. The Love Gun magnet trick would be more effective if the DMD graphics were improved...current magnet trick dots are lame. Great shooting game...layout/flow is unique. I'm happy with the Premium, though I understand folks who think Stern skimped on this one.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Doesn't the real ball lock feature of the PreLE eliminate the SDTM from Genes head that u get each time u lock a ball on the Pro?
Also, the shot that starts Lgmb on the PreLE is to the ramp not up the Starchild area as on the Pro. (Am I right in that?)
Both of those change the game a fair bit.

Since the ball is coming out of the demon less, sure. but it can still happen during multiball. And you still get STDMs from the spinning disk (why is that a feature again?!). And given the general shoddiness of the mechanics there, you'll still have problems. The LE I was playing Gene was routinely choking on balls as he was trying to lock them. Happened a bunch of times where it took 2-4 attempts for the mech to lock the ball.

The new code (ball save) "fixes" the issue on the pro, but it's obviously a defective design. You also really have to change the ball save from 1 second to 2 seconds for it to be effective as even a straight down the middle shot can take more than 1 second to activate the trough switches.

Just a poor design and a big disappointment there. Nothing ruins the flow of a good ball/game more than STDM gene shots.

#29 8 years ago

My example has 0 problems with STDM gene shots. Angle is at ~7.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My example has 0 problems with STDM gene shots. Angle is at ~7.

That's nice. The three KISS games I've played do have that problem. It's obviously an issue, hence the software update.

#31 8 years ago

My issue with the spinning disk is how the ball dribbles out most of the time. In TRON, the spinning disk really adds to the gameplay. Wonder if the spinning disk on KISS could be dialed in to be more aggressive with flinging the ball around. Could potentially solve the STDM problem as well?

#32 8 years ago

Consider playing Harley-Davidson instead. It's nearly an indentical layout with 8 (YES that's DOUBLE the drops on KIZZ LE) drop targets and a much lower price tag.

The theme is a very tiny bit slightly better too...

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's nice. The three KISS games I've played do have that problem. It's obviously an issue, hence the software update.

It's an easy fix though.

Rob

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's an easy fix though.
Rob

It is?!

How do you fix that? The problem on the ones I've played is that it's inconsistient. Ball doesn't always go the same place.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My issue with the spinning disk is how the ball dribbles out most of the time. In TRON, the spinning disk really adds to the gameplay. Wonder if the spinning disk on KISS could be dialed in to be more aggressive with flinging the ball around. Could potentially solve the STDM problem as well?

Tron's disc is surrounded by rubber and has a wide opening...I'm pretty sure that adds to the wild fling effect. Kiss's disc opening is narrow...I think that prevents it from whipping back the way Tron does. Does Kiss's disc have any rubber around it? If not, that might be part of it as well.

#36 8 years ago

I've said it before, as a KISS LE owner, it's a little disappointing that the differences between the pro-prem-LE are minimal. At least with the Star Trek LE, there is a vast difference between the LE and pro, plus a big enough difference between the LE and premium, to make LE owners feel special about it.

#37 8 years ago

Just ordered me the premium! I hope it will be worth the 1,700.00 more over the pro. No way I was going to buy the LE, not worth it for what you get. Ed

#38 8 years ago

I also canceled the LE and got me a pro,was a good decision

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Had a chance to put some time in a kiss LE this week...so here's my devastating morsel of truth served in a freshly cooked omelette of honesty:
Waste of money.
The drop targets are nice but it's only
A 4-bank and doesn't add much.
The spinning disc under gene you can't see and all it does is add randomness to a game "feature" that is ALREADY too random on most kiss games. I'm sure we'd all prefer the ball just goes to the same place every time when gene launches it.
Art I didn't really notice the difference or care.
Save your money. This isn't acdc where it makes a real difference. If you want a Kiss you'll be more than happy with a pro plus adding whatever mods everybody comes up with. They are just fishing for suckers / collectors with this one.

Quoted from Rarehero:

The Pro spits it out each time it locks. The Prem/LE holds 3 then spits them all out for Multiball.
I agree with Levi - the extras on the Prem/LE are pretty weak on a game that's already weak in the features department. The Pro gets you the same good points - smooth shots and Kiss music. I'd go Pro on this one if I was considering a purchase.

Smassa agrees with you guys too. He bought a Kiss LE. He recently sold it...in order to get a Kiss pro.

#40 8 years ago

Do the songs being played have anything to do with the rules of the game or is it just a song in the background

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Do the songs being played have anything to do with the rules of the game or is it just a song in the background

Somewhere in the middle...closer to "just a song in the background". Each song does have shots associated with it, but the progression, scoring, and objectives are vague. I imagine they will tighten up the "song rules" in future releases. The primary objectives are lighting all the inserts in the center of the PF (KISS, Army, Instruments, Symbols, etc.)...they have nothing to do with the songs (are appear fairly complete in the current update).

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I went with the pro because the premium here costs $3k more. I have no regrets on that choice....
Rob

Only a $1700 difference in the states wonder why the gap is so high abroad. Is it the import tax that hits hard?

Quoted from RobT:

Smassa agrees with you guys too. He bought a Kiss LE. He recently sold it...in order to get a Kiss pro.

Yeah then in two weeks we'll hear he sold Pro to get back a LE/PREM the way he goes through some of em. I kid I kid. We all have our own tastes I guess. After playing both models a good amount the differences of Prem/LE & Pro made me say it's either a Premium or nothing because I love the LE lights n features so much.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is?!
How do you fix that? The problem on the ones I've played is that it's inconsistient. Ball doesn't always go the same place.

I can tell the ball goes in the same place on mine from the playfield dimples... Right on Peter's head. I removed the plastic behind the head, loosened the 4 screws on the assembly, turned it as left as it would go and then tightened it back up. I have not had another SDTM eject from the head since then - it always his the left flipper.

Rob

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Only a $1700 difference in the states wonder why the gap is so high abroad. Is it the import tax that hits hard?

Our distributor goes on Sterns MSRP + add 1k for no reason, I priced a Kiss premium 3 weeks ago.. 13.9k NZ or 8.8k US

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Our distributor goes on Sterns MSRP + add 1k for no reason, I priced a Kiss premium 3 weeks ago.. 13.9k NZ or 8.8k US

Man I'm sorry to hear that those are crazy prices!

#46 8 years ago

After playing both models a good amount the differences of Prem/LE & Pro made me say it's either a Premium or nothing because I love the LE lights n features so much.

I hear you about the lighting. I think one thing that played into his decision is the terrible ball lock mech and the issues with that.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I hear you about the lighting. I think one thing that played into his decision is the terrible ball lock mech and the issues with that.

Yeah saw that issue and it was annoying. I've heard the new code fixed it I hope that's true because it was very annoying.

#48 8 years ago

Man I'm sorry to hear that those are crazy prices!

We have only one Stern distributor in the whole country.. Until we can bypass Spike country region and import some games

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Until we can bypass Spike country region and import some games

Dod this not exist in Sam?

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Dod this not exist in Sam?

Yes.. but a mod has been made to get around the Hz from 60 to 50 for our countries, so importing a SAM game is easy now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pro-vs-le-premium?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.