image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

So, now that comic Spidey is no longer on the table for me.... I went to the great Pinball Wizard in Pelham NH and got to put some quality time on a Kiss premium. I know people have issued concern about the code, but just from a playability, look and sound perspective..........I was blown away! I could not stop playing it and yes, I was so happy while playing that I was dancing around like a fool. Throughout the entire arcade all you could hear was that machine, it was like Gene and Paul were calling to me, "Nick, you have wasted countless 1000's on our memorabilia, why not waste another $4000-$7000". I was hypnotized by the music and sounds. I am thinking about selling two of my "B" titles, Getaway & JM and biting the bullet and buying one. Do I go pro or premium??? I hate missing out on features and right now the light show seems like the only feature worth anything??? Damn it!! I love the light show on the premium! Has anyone put any serious time on both??? I need your help!!

#2 8 years ago

I have an LE. Love it. Go premium for sure.

#3 8 years ago

I own the Pro and I'm very happy with it. The biggest feature missing (to me) is the light show. I can do without the floating ball and drop targets.

To each his own.

#4 8 years ago

Pro would be better than not having one,but if you can swing it go premium. Don't worry about all the code winers. The code wait will be worth it one day. It's going to be a great game and then they will have to go wine about a different game. Ed

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#5 8 years ago

Do it Nick. Get the premium....Wait sell getaway? I guess I better get a few more games on it

#6 8 years ago

Premium all the way, the light show will only get better! What's KISS without the light show?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

What's KISS without the light show?

a KISS in the dark?

#8 8 years ago

I have put some good time in on an LE that is on location and it was great.yes the code needs work but I still had a lot of fun playing it. The lights are fantastic along with the music and sounds. I agree the code will come and get better. I have not played the pro version but if the lights aren't a big deal you could go pro cause I agree the drops and magnet aren't as big of a deal

#9 8 years ago

LE's are still available and bet you can get a good deal right now.....I am a big Kiss fan so it was LE for me from the get go....but it's probably the only theme I will go LE on.

Get what feels right for you. Like most of us cost is always a deciding factor but if you are gonna lose sleep or feel like you are cutting yourself short by getting a pro, save up and get a premium or LE.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Do it Nick. Get the premium....Wait sell getaway? I guess I better get a few more games on it

Nope, you get the game until March. I am a planner, I need to see GB before I pull any trigger.

#11 8 years ago

I think Premium is definitely worth the extra cash. Light show, drop targets, "twitching" Paul, full Demon ball lock and floating LG multiball. Plus I refused to NOT have traditional support rails. I knew if I got the Pro I'd regret not spending the extra cash. The LE on the other hand...not worth it IMO. Same features as the Premium just added bling. I don't even care for the armor color. But congrats to those that love their LEs. KISS is a great machine. I got my fingers crossed the code will eventually mature.

#12 8 years ago

Love that 4th pic Fast-Ed. That's badass!

#13 8 years ago

Thanks, I made my basement into an 80s style gameroom. Blacklight carpet and pool table.

#14 8 years ago

Damn Fast Ed!! That basement is killer!

#15 8 years ago

I have a pro. I installed under cab lights from Mezel mods and a shaker motor from coin takers. I also purchased the flashing light sets from coin takers and well, our whole home loves the KISS.
I believe there is a thread that you can purchase the LE light kit and install it in the pro, so if you like to fiddle with machines like I do, this may be the way to go. After all , I believe it's a 1000 to 1500 difference between the two.

#16 8 years ago

I bought a premium. Wouldn't change it a bit.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from joekiss:

I bought a premium. Wouldn't change it a bit.

wouldn't update it eh?

#18 8 years ago

Premium seemed like the most bang for the buck to me. I don't care too much about the cabinet or backglass - to me the main consideration was the playfield so I went premium..... Although MMr is a different story - not sure why but for some reason MMrLE seemed the only option

2 months later
#19 8 years ago

I don't own either, but play the pro a lot at our monthly comps, they just put a premium in a pub around the corner, so I have had some time on it, the only differences I could notice were that on the premium when you start love gun, the ball does a pretty cool magnet lock where it drags the ball along the backboard and releases it from the star targets, an the kiss drop targets, compared to stand ups on the pro, if your a die hard fan get the premium, but if it was me I would go pro, I didn't find much difference between the 2 machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kiss-pro-or-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.