Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by trilogybeer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Going to buy either a Kiss Pro or Game of Thrones Pro. I have concerns about the straight down the middle drains from Gene's head on Kiss. And wonder if the upper playfield of the premium will be a big miss on the GOT Pro. What's the feeling on one or the other?

#2 6 years ago

I spent a little time on both of these this weekend.

Loved kiss. Thought got was standard stern layout and was so so.

I did think visually got looks prettier than kiss.

Just enjoyed kiss more.

#3 6 years ago

Lonnie coded Kiss. The code is very stale and no signs of another update.

Got has Dwight. Do some research on Dwight games versus Lonnie.

#4 6 years ago

Kiss code needs a lot of love it is a great game but let's be honest the code is completely uninspired and has not gotten any kind of game improvements at all

#5 6 years ago

Got is getting amazing updates too compared to kiss which is not getting anything

#6 6 years ago

I've seen lot's of mods for Kiss, Will there be many for GOT?

#7 6 years ago

I am sure mezelmods.com is on it.

#8 6 years ago

We have been playing all the new sterns over the last several week in my league, and imo kiss would be the last one on my list.

#9 6 years ago

I got to put quite a few games on both recently. I wasn't real impressed with either. Sure they were both OK, there just isn't an interesting shot on either one. If it was between just those two, i'd go for KISS. I like the Art package and light show better. If I had to get a NIB Stern right now, though i'd get ST pro. That title is impressive and the third flipper ramp shot has that "F*@K Yeah!" factor when you nail it.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

the third flipper ramp shot has that "F*@K Yeah!" factor when you nail it.

It sure does!! And it's such a brilliant design that it never gets old due to its difficulty. And when you hit 5+ warps in a row, holy sh*t biggest smile on earth

As for got vs kiss. I have t played GOT yet, but I would never buy kiss until it was certain code was finished and if I even liked that code. I couldn't live with another non-innovative abandoned game like avengers or even TFLE which are other games Lonnie has coded.

Lonnie's codes shined the most when he worked together with Lyman; BBH,IM,TRON to name a few. These two guys worked great together; Lonnie for his speed code writing and Lyman for his innovating. Them working solo has shown - I.e. Lyman takes forever to complete a game but when it's finished its a thing of beauty. Lonnie is opposite, he can put a completed stamp faster than anybody and it'll be clean and precise but might lack creativity or innovation. As for GOT and Dwight; he's shown some magic with the last phase of ST, he's got some great creative multiball stacking and scoring strategies with POTC, and he has Steve Ritchie at his side for coding new and fun ideas in GOT.

Theme and artwork aside, I'd go with GOT for code development and attention.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It sure does!! And it's such a brilliant design that it never gets old due to its difficulty. And when you hit 5+ warps in a row, holy sh*t biggest smile on earth
As for got vs kiss. I have t played GOT yet, but I would never buy kiss until it was certain code was finished and if I even liked that code. I couldn't live with another non-innovative abandoned game like Avengers or even TFLE which are other games Lonnie has coded.
Lonnie's codes shined the most when he worked together with Lyman; BBH,IM,TRON to name a few. These two guys worked great together; Lonnie for his speed code writing and Lyman for his innovating. Them working solo has shown - I.e. Lyman takes forever to complete a game but when it's finished its a thing of beauty. Lonnie is opposite, he can put a completed stamp faster than anybody and it'll be clean and precise but might lack creativity or innovation. As for GOT and Dwight; he's shown some magic with the last phase of ST, he's got some great creative multiball stacking and scoring strategies with POTC, and he has Steve Ritchie at his side for coding new and fun ideas in GOT.
Theme and artwork aside, I'd go with GOT for code development and attention.

Great take on lonnie

#12 6 years ago

Kiss has some cool artwork , and the shots are fun .Since you are considering pro versions something to also consider is that the gameplay of kiss pro is not drastically different than the gameplay of the LE/ premium versions . I've only played game of thrones pro and it was pretty good but I'd have to play an le/premium version before buying a pro . The fact that the pro is completely missing the upper playfield leads me to believe that the gameplay of these versions will be quite different . That might bother me if I bought the pro version . Only problem with the kiss game is that it comes with a bunch of crappy music installed in it that needs to be replaced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
5,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Cranston , RI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!