New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 144273)

Kiss Premium - sound cutting out

By MT45

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20151115_095232.jpg
20151114_185918.jpg
20151115_094756.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Any thoughts on Kiss sound drops/skips? Bad SD card is what me and my buddy concluded but not sure about new Spike systems?

Sounds randomly cuts out or lowers volume or seems to "skip" like when you don't have the correct sound codec on your computer or when the file is corrupted.

Loving the game BTW ... Subwoofer is a must!

20151115_094756.jpg20151114_185918.jpg20151115_095232.jpg

#2 4 years ago

I had the same bug with 1.05 code then I dropped back down to 1.04 code and the issue went away, it does do a sound dim during ball drains and when certain voice overs are done, not sure of all, but if you do not have the topper there is no need for 1.05 code. This issue will be addressed in next update. PM me if you can't find the 1.04 code

#3 4 years ago

I'm running 1.04 right now on my LE. It only does it on mine if I turn the machine on & hit start button immediately. It will happen on the 1st ball everytime. Now if I turn the game on & let it sit for about 3 mins, it doesn't do it at all.

#4 4 years ago

I just put a pro in a clients house and noticed it as well . I guess I'll wait until the next code update .

#5 4 years ago

My KISS did it as well, always on the first ball and about 30 seconds in. Thankfully GoT does not have this issue. I'm sure there will be a code update for KISS eventually, but it's been already way too long for a decent update to this game.

Rob

#6 4 years ago

Thanks all and here is and update. I used the below info to clone the data on the cheap class 4 SD card that Stern supplies with Kiss. Copied that image to a new 8GB class 10 card. Played more than 12 games and no more stuttering or skipping. Will report if status changes but so far so good and before this it was every game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cloning-duplicating-stern-spike-sd-card-on-newer-stern-pinball

#7 4 years ago

Good to know, I am about to swap out the SUB

#8 4 years ago

Mine does it every so often. But if I let it run in attract mode for a couple minutes after turning it on I have no issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside